• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serra

Russo is directly repsonibe for everything that has happened, flooding the area with weapons and paramilitaries has only caused the conflict to grow. I hope the world reacts and does something.

By your logic this also means you hold the US directly responsible for pretty much every war in the middle east and terrorist attacks on US soil too ?

I agree that Russia should be sanctioned but you can't have it both ways.

Ugh. Carry on then.

This permanent member stuff is so dumb.

Its dumb but necessary. it prevents action involving the major powers but enables them to interact on smaller issues and to talk. Otherwise things would be much worse. I understand the frustration but its the best solution in an imperfect world without a true balance of power.

Zaph

Some really ill-advised footage on the BBC right now. I know he's glad they didn't fly, but showing some cheery, happy dude right now isn't respectful.

Fxp

They can publish intercepted calls from one of their previous actions and claim that is about this incident today. Everything can be used in love and war.

Maybe it's fake but the person on site is pretty shocked after discovering the plane was full of civilians, not military plane.

Morat

Banned
Ugh. Carry on then.

This permanent member stuff is so dumb.

Yup. Sadly it's also the only reason anyone agreed to the formation of the UN in the first place. Look at the membership: the UK still holds it's position despite being essentially irrelevant in the global power game today.

daw840

Everyone at my work is saying that the 777 was at 33000 feet, it would have to be a very advance ground to air missile or another plane to shoot down the airliner....crazy shit.

djshauny

Banned
Yup. Sadly it's also the only reason anyone agreed to the formation of the UN in the first place. Look at the membership: the UK still holds it's position despite being essentially irrelevant in the global power game today.

Ha. Thats not true.

cafemomo

Singapore Airlines and Air India were also in the vicinity of the Malaysian flight.

Thank god they also didn't get shot down

BsxF_J_CcAAycNi.png:large

So the GRU and Separatists discussed about shooting down a Ukrainian Military Aircraft and then were shocked to learn they shot down a civilian aircraft?

Jme

GET A LEVEL HEAD
Twitter is not a reliable source.
Stop posting/citing twitter/social media stuff as facts.

On the flip side - stop believing posts that are sourced from twitter.

I know its an emerging story, and details are wanted. Take a breath, and ask if what you are reading is credible before latching on.

Fucking hell people.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Reading reports from people on the ground that Russian separatists/terrorists are beginning to panic, trying to find ways back into Russia

Did Jason Biggs really post that tweet? Nobody is that dumb.

Yes he really did 2 hours ago

These are tweets after wards

@JasonBiggs: Hey all you "too soon" assholes- it's a fucking joke. You don't have to think it's funny, or even be on my twitter page at all.

@JasonBiggs: Truly- you losers are literally trying to find shit to get angry about. Channel your issues elsewhere.

@JasonBiggs: That last guy is the kind of person I want following me. All you other pussies please go back to being pussies. Thanks!

@JasonBiggs: Hey @tmz - well done on posting my face next to the wreckage of the plane- you might almost think I actually shot it down!

More like PBS or MSNBC

What?

No RT is not comparable to any other of the big media news outlets in the US.

It's a news station just for pointing out flaws in American society, lies, and pro russian news. Go on their site you can see the bias in 5 seconds. And they host conspiracy theorists on their channel everyday.

holy cow... a prank caller who said he was a staff sgt on the ground in Ukraine saw the missile hit the plane called into MSNBC.

Got onto live tv and said it looked like it was a blast of wind that shot out of Howard's Sterns ass. Then the MSNBC anchor said "So can you confirm it was a missile?" and he replies back with... "Well you are a dumbass aren't'cha?"

Wow.. What is wrong with people.

ksan

GET A LEVEL HEAD

I know its an emerging story, and details are wanted. Take a breath, and ask if what you are reading is credible before latching on.

Fucking hell people.

naah, no need when we have rapp snitch knishes

Zukuu

Banned
Whoever has done it, they better be prepared for international repercussions. Be it russia, ukraine or the terrorists. In the worst case scenario this will lead to a full fledged war between nations.

studyguy

GET A LEVEL HEAD

Fucking hell people.

This is what makes part of the story so interesting aside from the obvious tragedy with the senseless murder of hundreds of people. A plane may have been brought down during the Cold War Era, but everyone and their mother knew about this moments after it happens. Word of mouth through social is going to affect public perception way faster than a traditional news source would ever hope to. Crazy times we live in.

holy cow... a prank caller who said he was a staff sgt on the ground in Ukraine saw the missile hit the plane called into MSNBC.

Got onto live tv and said it looked like it was a blast of wind that shot out of Howard's Sterns ass. Then the MSNBC anchor said "So can you confirm it was a missile?" and he replies back with... "Well you are a dumbass aren't'cha?"

Wow.. What is wrong with people.
It was probably Joey boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom