• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugatrix

Reports of explosions at a Moscow metro station, eyewitness claims two explosions

Video of the scene: http://instagram.com/p/qpLZQkBwuh/

https://twitter.com/lifenews_ru/status/490570938501849088

Bs7bqs7CEAARskb.png

chechens ?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Putin.

It's rare that replacing a single politician could be a panacea, but Putin is that guy.

Egotistical and diplomatically incompetent macho man.

Putin.

It's rare that replacing a single politician could be a panacea, but Putin is that guy.

I always envision him sitting in a giant executive chair in some study staring at this mural, sipping on a stiff drink, a single tear welling up in his right eye, thinking "I'll bring it back Comrade, I'll bring it all back."

Stalin+at+the+18th+Party+Congress.jpg

The sooner he's dead the better.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Let's also add a conspiracy theory, that Russia somewhat did it themselves. Smuggled a BUK-team into Ukraine including a BUK (which is actually several vehicles, it's not some sort of rocketlauncher) to shoot down civilian airplanes. Doesn't make sense as well, because there is no reason for them to do so. Such a team would know what they are doing and have real-life experience with it. They would have a motive to help out the rebels and shoot down military airborne vehicles, but those experts would be able to differentiate between a civilian and a military airplane, so it makes even less sense unless you think that Russia is super evil and actually wanted to shoot down a civilian airplane (sadly I think there are multiple people ITT that actually think this).

It's pretty clear Russia moved in soldiers in Crimea during that crisis. Is it so unbelievable they're doing it in Eastern Ukraine? Maybe these professional soldiers made a mistake because they're operating as a dark cell? Putin needs plausible deniability.

2 experts on CNN saying the audio by Ukraine might be fake

Us intelligence expert: audio came in too fast and too conveniently for such a big event, not even the us intelligence is this fast and efficient

Audio expert: the Audio is too clear and they are in stereo which can only happen when you capture the audio at the telephone company itself on the line connecting both the calls , he said nsa fbi and CIA dont have calls this clear in his 40 years of audio recordings

How could ukraine make this so fast then ?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Us intelligence expert: audio came in too fast and too conveniently for such a big event, not even the us intelligence is this fast and efficient

Audio expert: the Audio is too clear and they are in stereo which can only happen when you capture the audio at the telephone company itself on the line connecting both the calls , he said nsa fbi and CIA dont have calls this clear in his 40 years of audio recordings

Sigh.

Source?

Dr.Acula

Banned

They made the call over a network that went through a Ukrainian telephone company and are wondering how the government got a recording?

Indeed. I thought it was fake the first time i listened to it. The audio is way too clear and noise free for a mobile phone.

what audio ?

ape2man

Or Ukraine. Or the Novorussians who managed to obtain the equipment from Ukraine. An independent investigation is necessary. But at the end of the day, it's an accident. Nobody intended to kill almost 300 people having nothing to do with the conflict flying over the country. That's why I think it matters less who did it and matters more who is responsible for the conflict and for the plane flying over it.

really, wtf. please go away.

Chariot

god I hope Ukraine didn't fake that, that just allows Russia to obfuscate this situation even further
I agree.

The big problem is, that it's not unlikely that anyone from the ukrainian side got excited and fake this call, even if that wasn't needed. Hopefully CNN is full of shit again and they just got very lucky with the material.
Would be dumb. I don't even think they would need it to prove the origin of the missile.
Dum things happen when people get emotional and want to win a war. Quite literally right now.

FStop7

Banned
Or Ukraine. Or the Novorussians who managed to obtain the equipment from Ukraine. An independent investigation is necessary. But at the end of the day, it's an accident. Nobody intended to kill almost 300 people having nothing to do with the conflict flying over the country. That's why I think it matters less who did it and matters more who is responsible for the conflict and for the plane flying over it.

Oh get the fuck out of here.

Earendil

Bs2VS6HIcAA2Vl8.jpg:large

Imagine this being your grandchildren's toy and seeing these fucking pieces of shit holding it up on the internet.

i dont really see whats disrespectful in this image. Hes holding up a toy, not playing with it or something inappropriate.

My daughter has a little stuffed seal that she takes with her everywhere. If she had been on that plane (and I hadn't), seeing one of these ******** holding up Fluffy would send me over the edge. I can't rationalize why it would, but I'd be filled with rage.

Yo, context. I think plenty of people already stated, that he put it down and make a cross. If people are disrespectful and plundering - this guys right there a that moment isn't.

I made my comment before I read that. So perhaps I spoke rashly. But think about it from someone's perspective that may not have seen the video.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
... beating around the bush ...

Ok, I'll stop here. You wrote a lot of words, blaming almost everyone except the Russians. Keep doing your thing, I'll just ignore you. If I want to get Russia Today theories at list I can get them directly from the source.

Edit: there is no point in discussing absurd things like why would Ukrainians shoot a plane coming from their side and generally shooting a plane when there are no "enemy planes" in this fight for them. Unless Russia is directly involved in the war with planes. While you also state that Russia has nothing to do with the separatist. So many logic fallacies in this that there is no point in continuing the discussion if you don't see them yourself.

raindoc

Putin.

I don't think he's incompetent, he just doesn't give a single fuck and knows no shame.

Otherwise I completely agree. That guy needs to go and I don't care how.

Chariot

My daughter has a little stuffed seal that she takes with her everywhere. If she had been on that plane (and I hadn't), seeing one of these ******** holding up Fluffy would send me over the edge. I can't rationalize why it would, but I'd be filled with rage.
Yo, context. I think plenty of people already stated, that he put it down and make a cross. If people are disrespectful and plundering - this guys right there a that moment isn't.

Bs2VS6HIcAA2Vl8.jpg:large

Imagine this being your grandchildren's toy and seeing these fucking pieces of shit holding it up on the internet.
Maybe I'm just always positive but the voice inside me highly doubts these soldiers actually take pleasure in this...I don't think they're in a cheery mood that 300 innocent people died...

Who's to say what's even going on in this image? Maybe he's paying respects, maybe they're all getting ready to do just that, who knows...we need to have a level head before jumping down their throats right away.

FStop7

Banned
Maybe I'm just always positive but the voice inside me highly doubts these soldiers actually take pleasure in this...I don't think they're in a cheery mood that 300 innocent people died...

Who's to say what's even going on in this image? Maybe he's paying respects, maybe they're all getting ready to do just that, who knows...we need to have a level head before jumping down their throats right away.

In fairness, nobody in that image looks cheery or like they're gloating. There's no context to it.

Chariot

In fairness, nobody in that image looks cheery or like they're gloating. There's no context to it.
There is the original video. But people just assume that it's something negative, while it's just some guy holding a toy.
Really, I am not with the rebells, but we should stay with the shit they really do and not some assumptions that are false.

There is a video, he take this doll to pose for journalists and saying: "Let's make everyone to see, whom those bastards shut down".

There is the original video. But people just assume that it's something negative, while it's just some guy holding a toy.
Really, I am not with the rebells, but we should stay with the shit they really do and not some assumptions that are false.

He hold it only to pose for camera, that then russian news can make header something like "Ukrainian punishers shut down plain with kids".

Agreed. Despite the tragic loss of life, this was a mistake, equivalent to manslaughter.

The understandable initial response is to want to pull the trigger, punish those responsible.

Instead, the best outcome will be, Russia to cut off supplies/support to the separatists. The Ukranian government to call a ceasefire and negotiate a truce with the separatists. An eventual federalization of the eastern ukranian provinces.

Further escalation of the conflict, supplying of military equipment by the US to the Ukranian government, backing Putin into a corner, will only risk a proxy war.

Aurongel

I look forward to reading this thread a week from now once more information is actually known and the kneejerk emotional reactions have quieted down.

Agreed. Despite the tragic loss of life, this was a mistake, equivalent to manslaughter.

The understandable initial response is to want to pull the trigger, punish those responsible.

Instead, the best outcome will be, Russia to cut off supplies/support to the separatists. The Ukranian government to call a ceasefire and negotiate a truce with the separatists. An eventual federalization of the eastern ukranian provinces.

Further escalation of the conflict, supplying of military equipment by the US to the Ukranian government, backing Putin into a corner, will only risk a proxy war.

They do this twice and every time it is payed with life of solders, that just human as civilians. They already shut down air plain. 49 solders died.

Tommyhawk

The scene is from this video.

I can understand it, since I can speak Russian (although I'm not a Russian) and he says something along the lines of :"Now everyone has seen whom they (I think he is referring to the Ukrainian Troops) shot down. Do you see?" while he is holding up the toy.

So he's just blaming Ukraine again.

Chariot

There is a video, he take this doll to pose for journalists and saying: "Let's make everyone to see, whom those bastards shut down".

He hold it only to pose for camera, that then russian news can make header something like "Ukrainian punishers shut down plain with kids".
God, you put hidden context into the context I thought was the hidden context. Jesus Christ.
The scene is from this video.

I can understand it, since I can speak Russian (although I'm not a Russian) and he says something along the lines of :"Now everyone has seen whom they (I think he is referring to the Ukrainian Troops) shot down. Do you see?" while he is holding up the toy.

So he's just blaming Ukraine again.
welp, ok, I stand corrected.

Indeed. I thought it was fake the first time i listened to it. The audio is way too clear and noise free for a mobile phone.

I also thought it was fake. Just too convenient. And it was up on Youtube so quickly with graphics and pictures representing each guy talking. Suddenly there's a militant voice and it cuts to this picture of a scary looking guy terrorist dude all in black. It would have been funny and a little absurd if the situation wasn't so grave.

It can't be stressed enough how untrustworthy the government in Kiev is. Bunch of oligarchs and corrupt politicians that took power by force, filled with far-right elements. They immediately labelled separatists 'terrorists' and started bombing them, leading to over 1000 deaths and counting and thousands and thousands of refugees fleeing the area.

And despite the terrorist tag they were given, the separatists themselves, prior to this plane incident, had not taken the war to Western Ukraine or civilians at all, they only defended their own territories and targeted the military. Kiev, meanwhile, has been aggressively bombing them and bombing civilian areas in the east.

This is also obviously why the separatists are so distrustful and borderline hostile towards foreign elements coming to inspect the crash site. They are in a war zone during wartime and of course have already been declared guilty in the foreign media.

The government in Kiev also uses wild and inflammatory language all the time that makes one question just how rational they are as players in this conflict. They absolutely could have a hand in this tragedy as well, it's far from impossible.

East Lake

I love all the hand wringing about the untrustworthy Kiev government who has to deal with a neighbor that has his own personal state run propaganda/conspiracy network.

Prez

Can't someone do a frequency analysis of the audio? If there are any frequencies below 250Hz and above 6000Hz, it's definitely fake since those frequencies are entirely cut off in phone calls.

Can't someone do a frequency analysis of the audio? If there are any frequencies below 250Hz and above 6000Hz, it's definitely fake since those frequencies are entirely cut off in phone calls.

This is true for radio? Just curios, as using mobile phone, when it can be turned off by Ukraine is little stupid. They must have radio as well.

God, you put hidden context into the context I thought was the hidden context. Jesus Christ.

What context? He picked up this doll just that photographers can make photo of him with a doll. You can see how he posing under claps of camera shutters.

Earendil

I agree with all of you, and like I said I spoke rashly. However, a person who is grieving the loss of a child in a situation like this would not be rational. I was merely looking at it from the perspective of someone who may have seen this picture without the additional context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom