• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 ended in the Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ever disclose what information led to the narrowing down of the search to the area at the bottom of the Southern corridor? Prior to the debris sightings I mean.

NateDrake

Did they ever disclose what information led to the narrowing down of the search to the area at the bottom of the Southern corridor? Prior to the debris sightings I mean.

It was based a lot of information and the suspected direction the plane was heading. USA told Australia to focus their search in this area for said reasons and that is when the debris was found.

numble

This whole "we think we found something" is getting a little tiring....which is why I'm a little surprised that the network coverage is always "ZOMG BREAKTHROUGH!" Until they have verified that it was part of the plane, I'm just gonna assume they didn't find anything.

They say that they'll have those new "objects" in their possession in a few hours. Why don't they actually get to them first instead of reporting about their existence? I mean, how many false leads do you need before you stop reporting every single bit of info?
They have reporters at the Perth airport, embedded with search aircraft, and they ask commercial vessels near the area to divert to the area and take a look. It's not something they can keep a secret.

abracadaver

I always thought they could view satellite images in real time and in super high resolution. Like in red alert 2 or enemy of the state.

liquidtmd

Banned
FlutterPuffs' dad is heavily involved in the investigation (he's one of the guys answering questions at every press conference).

Ahh thanks, sorry wasn't aware of that.

When they posted that, I just did a google check and couldnt see one scheduled. And now, lo and behold I see the BBC have just announced. Due in 55minutes.

Fingers crossed for a real breakthrough, one way or another :(

Lucifon

Sky News just tweeted about it, FlutterPuffs info confirmed.

@SkyNewsBreak 5m
Malaysia Airlines calls an emergency meeting for families of missing plane's passsengers in Beijing within the next hour #MH370

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ok I think, fire on board, pilot headed to the runway in Malaysia (Palau Langkawi) , the smoke suffocated everyone. the plane was flying non stop (autopilot) in the wrong direction (from where it was scheduled to land) and ended up crashing out to sea of Australian Coast due to lack of fuel.

Serra

Umm, I don't mean to insult anybody but I just don't understand WHY they would fly those families to Aus?

If they found the plane, probably in a lot of pieces, everyone dead, why would the families need to see that?

TheDude108

Umm, I don't mean to insult anybody but I just don't understand WHY they would fly those families to Aus?

If they found the plane, probably in a lot of pieces, everyone dead, why would the families need to see that?

Identify bodies/luggage and what have you. They probably want to be close to them even if they have died.

Mondy

Banned
Malaysian PM to hols a press conference in around an hour with "new developments".

I think they've found the floating debris.

Ty4on

Lot's of people want to see how their loved ones died and give them a final goodbye.

Kacho

Wow, so we could finally see this come to an end... I sure hope this is over with for the sake of the families.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
it's too naive of me to expect a happy ending from this, :(

IF it has crashed and all loss of life on the plane RIP to all on board.

DemonNite

yeah looks like its going to be confirmed that they found the plane... judging by the text message they just sent out to family members

BBC:
BREAKING NEWS The following SMS message has been sent to relatives: "Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived. As you will hear in the next hour from Malaysia's Prime Minister, we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom