• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Drifts A Stop Sign; Is Choked, Tased & Beaten Savagely By Officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
As are most GAF-cop posts. I've yet to see anything but defend defend defend defend defend the institution at all costs. It's sickening behavior. I've actually had a discussion w/a black cop that defended Tamir Rice and John Crawford's shooting.

Which is a not coincidental view of the blue wall of silence. A way bigger problem than these individual incidents and one that could be fixed with a scorched earth approach to training, culture and management. Root it out. Encourage a new start.

Sàmban

Banned
I'm not his nanny but...why? He's not beholden to you or any other GAFfer. As long as he doesn't violate the TOS he can remark any way he wants. He's not every police officer and can't speak to exactly what they were thinking. I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but these personal attacks are getting out of hand.

What personal attacks? And he doesn't have to respond. The point I'm trying to make here is that people like him are PART OF THE PROBLEM. Even so called "good cops" will go through all sorts of mental gymnastics to try and justify what is painfully obvious to anyone else.

Cop with a history of excessive brutality and falsifying records/planting evidence chokes and beats the shit out of an innocent civilian with a spotless record while CRACK COCAINE is mysteriously found in his car. Victim tests negative for all drugs.

"Good cop" response: "well, that didn't look like a chokehold to me. More of a carotid hold, because something about arm positions"

Are you fucking kidding me? Look at the big picture. Why the fuck is this psychopath still employed as a LEO?

Patrol

Banned
Here's a question. If the guy's chin is in the inner elbow of the officer's arm, how did he bite him?

Um, put your chin in the inner elbow of your arm and then try to bite yourself, let me know if you have trouble succeeding. (You shouldn't)

Patrol is highly disingenuous and intellectually dishonest so we actually can't reliably learn shit from him.

What makes you say that?
You cannot use the report of biting as any sort of justification because it was never probably documented. The burden of proof is on the officer, not the victim/suspect. There's no evidence it ever happened so stop bringing it up.

The bite was documented in his report, therefore, it has every right to be brought up.

But it can't be proven because it was made up. He claimed he was bitten, yet didn't go to a doctor and didn't present any bite marks to anyone. It's amazing what kind of bullshit stories police supporters will believe.

I've been kicked before and documented such in a report, yet did not photograph the injury (because there was none) nor seek medical attention. It is not mandatory to do, but it is good practice. (Due note that I am not familiar with their departmental orders/procedures, I could very well be wrong here). Just because he did not seek the two items to better CYA does not invalidate his claim.

With that said however, due to the severity of a bite and the additional dangers there in due to the bacteria and nastiness found in mouths, it's very common to seek medical attention just to be sure (this is assuming the bite broke the skin, which the report supposedly said did not due to being in Michigan and wearing multiple layers of clothing as expected). And yes, you have every right to take that with a grain of salt should you please.

Volimar

If there was a bite and they intended to charge him for it, wouldn't there be an obligation to gather evidence of it? It's the difference between proof and an unsubstantiated allegation. I can't imagine why it wouldn't have been photographed at least.

"Floyd Dent: I saw police plant evidence"

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Watch the video. It totally looks like the officer planted the evidence. What the fuck.

That's insane. I wish I had a better screen than this tablet. Was he wearing gloves when he pulled it out of his pocket? I'd be interested to know if the baggy has the cop's fingerprints on it. I like the part about asking why the chief hired someone that was fired for falsifying evidence. It's not the first time we've heard of an officer being hired somewhere else after being fired.

Game4life

Banned
This is so fked up. Wtf is happening in America? These incidents are becoming too common now. I hope the officer gets fired.

YoungHav

Banned
Which is a not coincidental view of the blue wall of silence. A way bigger problem than these individual incidents and one that could be fixed with a scorched earth approach to training, culture and management. Root it out. Encourage a new start.
It's never going to happen. More than half of Americans have had the luxury of being treated like actual human beings by LEOs all their lives and won't even bother to fathom that abuse of power by police is pervasive. Even if they were to entertain it... "fuck black people" *shrug*, would be their reaction. If someone in power wanted to make a sincere effort for change it would be so easy to tarnish them politically as Americans are a fearful people and have been conditioned for centuries to associate blacks and crime. The violent negro boogeyman is such a convenient and 400yr old narrative on this land. We're America's perpetual Bin Laden.
I'm not his nanny but...why? He's not beholden to you or any other GAFfer. As long as he doesn't violate the TOS he can remark any way he wants. He's not every police officer and can't speak to exactly what they were thinking. I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but these personal attacks are getting out of hand.
I agree that people should not resort to ad hominems. I can see why they're tempted to... the callousness, indifference, and barely veiled hate towards black victims can make one feel like they're being attacked personally by proxy. Still not an excuse for ad hominems.
This is so fked up. Wtf is happening in America? These incidents are becoming too common now. I hope the officer gets fired.
Welcome to the early 1700s, where Slave Patrols were paid to do exactly what these cops in the video do. To harass, intimidate, control poor black people.

Patrol

Banned
Sàmban;157660396 said:
You know what? Cut the crap. What is your opinion of the police officer in question patrol? Why do you think of him being on the force even after having a history of falsifying records, planting drugs, and causing taxpayers a ton of money in wrongful death lawsuits? Do you think his past actions have some bearing on what happened to the victim?

Stop with the technical non-answers and tip-toeing bullshit and give us a straight response.
I haven't read the report of prior issues, but if that's the case, I'm shocked he has a job. Throw away credibility like so, no point in being a LEO.

Game4life

Banned
Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with American cops? God being black in America must be fucking terrifying. Come down to Australia guys. Our bad cops are usually of the drug dealing/corruption variety. So you should be all good down here.

Racisim is unfortunately every where. How are Indians being treated in Australia right now? There was a period I remember where I used to hear frequently about Indians getting attacked in Australia.

Welcome to the early 1700s, where Slave Patrols were paid to do exactly what these cops in the video do. To harass, intimidate, control poor black people.

Seriously cant believe these incidents are still happening in 2015. What scumbags for cops.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I can't believe Patrol even brought up the lack of audio like it was some sort of point in the cops' favor.
Yeah, every single one of their mics just happened to not be working. Totally not suspicious.

yencid

I think excessive force was used even if the bullshit excuses from the cops are true.

"He bit me! Well, I guess I need to choke and beat the shit out of him"

"He's on drugs! I have to give him a nice ass whoopin' and choke him a bit"

"He's got crack in his car. I gotta choke him and kick his ass now"

Yeah this is the thing thats really putting me off about the way patrol is posting, in one way hes telling us about the things that we as civilians shouldnt do to raise the tension but even then the solution used to me is bigger than the problem.

Sucks so many cops act like gang members. I work in health care and deal with a lot of cops in the ER. Sad thing is after talking to them you come to realize only a few are good people. The main problem is the us vs them attitude. they look at everyone as a soon to be criminal.

YoungHav

Banned
Racisim is unfortunately every where. How are Indians being treated in Australia right now? There was a period I remember where I used to hear frequently about Indians getting attacked in Australia.

Seriously cant believe these incidents are still happening in 2015. What scumbags for cops.
1619 the Dutch show up here w/"20 & odd" negroes. Nearly 400yrs later a black man gets choked to death by a cop on film and nothing happens. That's not even touching all the avenues in life racism rears its ugly head. I don't see this shit ending anytime soon. 4 century run making $$$ of enslavement, confinement, subjugation etc... This is a well oiled machine. See you in 2415!

GhaleonEB

Patrol is highly disingenuous and intellectually dishonest so we actually can't reliably learn shit from him.

It's been fascinating to see the thought process. Every person a danger, every gesture a threat, every benefit of the doubt belongs to the police, always.

Toa TAK

Banned
It's been fascinating to see the thought process that leads to the beatings and killings of innocent people. Every person a danger, every gesture a threat, every benefit of the doubt belongs to the police, always.

Isn't that like officers living in a state of constant paranoia?

Patrol

Banned
First, I want to say I appreciate your posts and your perspective. It's not one we get often in threads like this, and I feel like both sides need to understand each other better if we're going to get better policing that everyone is happy with.

There's a lot to dispute about the accounts (the unphotographed bite and everyone failing to record audio are big red flags for me), but I just wanted to say that the phrase "passively resisting" is such a weird thing, like a self-contradiction. I get that handcuffing someone who isn't being cooperative is probably tough, but it's a phrase that makes people sound violent when they're not being violent, just difficult. That opens the door to escalation of force.

I'm sure sometimes it's something you need to do, but it's one of those odd linguistic tricks (like "officer-involved shooting") used to create a narrative, one that can sometimes enhance that divide between what cops see in a video like this and what other people see.

Thank you, and I agree.

I understand it's a term that can be hard to follow but it used to describe a subject who does not act violently towards us, but still refuses to follow the program. For example, a protester who sits in the middle of a busy street and refuses to move. He's resisting verbal commands to move, but being passive about it. That makes us forcibly move him or her. If at any point in time the subject starts swinging fists or flailing legs in an effort to kick, he or she becomes active resisting (combative).

Can you elaborate on why you think it makes it sound violent by stating someone is resisting passively? The very essence of "passive" itself is non-violence.

To that end, patrol:

I'm interested in what standard police procedure is when it comes to when to draw your weapon.

What's considered "trigger happy," so to speak, when it comes to simply drawing the weapon?

Also, is there a standard number of officers that should be involved in subduing someone? Or is it just "pile on?"

Have you undergone any unconscious bias training? Do you see such training as valuable?

Given the facts, would you agree that we can't use the claim of the man biting the officer as part of our judgment here?

And finally, in this case, what other approach could the officers have taken with this person?

Thanks!
My gun will only be drawn if I feel there is a reasonable threat of GBI or death to myself, my partner or the general public -- or if it's a felony vehicle stop.

Subconscious? Not that I can recall, but there has been a lot of training to cultural awareness, dealing with mental illness, community policing, race/gender and sexual orientation issues. We also have mandatory training every year for these (some of these will fall under every other year though).

I believe the situation is arguable.

It's easy to monday-night quarterback this, but not escalating it to guns drawn and get out of the car mantra for a petty stop sign violation would be my best take. Rarely, you have folks who decide to get out of the car when they're pulled over, does it cause the hair on the back of your neck to raise? Yes. If they get back in their car, no big deal. If they don't, then you have a problem.

I don't like how freakin' close the officer got to the subject with his gun drawn, as it appears the suspect could have easily reached out and grabbed it. Big issue there. I don't like how they pulled him out of the car, I felt that to be unnecessary.

Again, the lack of audio is my biggest gripe here. A lot of things could have been cleared up with it. Six officers assisting and no mic on? Disappointing.

sonicmj1

Thank you, and I agree.

I understand it's a term that can be hard to follow but it used to describe a subject who does not act violently towards us, but still refuses to follow the program. For example, a protester who sits in the middle of a busy street and refuses to move. He's resisting verbal commands to move, but being passive about it. That makes us forcibly move him or her. If at any point in time the subject starts swinging fists or flailing legs in an effort to kick, he or she becomes active resisting (combative).

Can you elaborate on why you think it makes it sound violent by stating someone is resisting passively? The very essence of "passive" itself is non-violence.

I understand the distinction. And I'm not sure I explained my feelings well.

"Resistance" itself seems to me inherently active, a conscious choice, which makes it an odd thing to pair with the term "passive". "Passive resistance" seems to mean not following or going against orders, which can be both a defiant choice or a reflex or misunderstanding.

For example, in this case, the man is pulled out of the car and onto the ground, where the officer puts him in a hold. When he tries to relieve the pressure of the hold, the officer repeatedly punches him in the face, causing the man to bring his other hand in front of his face to block the blows. This conflicts with what the second officer is doing, since he's trying to handcuff the man. That would be passive resistance. The man should have allowed the officer to do whatever he wished and taken any blow or hold without complaint.

What I find difficult here is how this gets framed. A man suddenly thrown into a stressful, violent situation is framed as "resisting" if he does anything to try to minimize the damage done to him, as if he's intentionally trying to spite the officers and defy them. But it seems to me in cases like these that a man's untrained reactions can be just as much unconscious choices reacting to the stress of the situation. Escalating force here (bringing more officers with tazers, applying blows, etc.) won't really change that, it'll just create more harm.

Naturally, an officer in this situation doesn't necessarily know the intentions of the people they deal with, so these are snap decisions being made instinctively. Sometimes "passive resistance" is resistance. But other times (like, I feel, this situation) it's a reaction that can be soothed, instead of inflamed by further violence. There's no distinction in "passive resistance" between these two states, as any non-compliance is resistance, and for police, any resistance can be justifiably met with escalating force.

benjipwns

Banned
It's been fascinating to see the thought process. Every person a danger, every gesture a threat, every benefit of the doubt belongs to the police, always.
There's a war on cops. Haven't you been paying attention?

http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/articles/2011/07/duty-dangers-blood-bath.aspx
"All of these social factors intersected to give us the killer of four cops in a coffee shop in Lakewood, Wash.," explains Grossman. "He did not know those officers. He killed them because of the uniform they wore. When people who don't know you kill you because of the uniform you wear, there's a word for that. It's called 'war.' The gangs, backed by video games and movies and the whole cop-hating aspect of our news media and society, have declared war on cops."
Webb says that while the academy curriculum 30 years ago was severely lacking, training today is not the issue. "The problem that we've been experiencing with officer survival during the last couple of years is more cultural than it is anything else," he explains. "Certainly, law enforcement has become increasingly sophisticated in its training of police officers in officer survival and driving tactics. Training is better now than it has ever been before. Certainly, it's probably why the number of officers killed in traffic accidents has been reduced.

"At the same time our society has become sissified thanks to all manner of lawsuits. I hear from these younger officers who say that they do not get paid to go hands-on with suspects: 'I don't get paid to fight suspects.' I tell them, 'I hate to tell you this, but that's exactly what you get paid for. When someone yells fight or gun, we run toward it.' Their mentality, I believe, is a byproduct of not playing contact sports and an over-reliance on technology. This whole dumbing down of society when it comes to survival skills has taken its toll. Not to sound hard-hearted, but the one thing that we have to do as a profession is to critically analyze these officers' deaths and not just go to their funerals and say how nice they were. The reality is most of the time it comes down to a mental attitude that reflects the erosion of warrior ethos."

http://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/2015/02/05/new-officers-sworn-in-during-a-war-on-cops/
On December 20, two new sheepdog-warriors joined the ranks of our police forces. It couldn’t have come at a better time, as they were sworn in against the backdrop of a dangerous society where a “war on cops” has been declared.

http://cw33.com/2014/12/30/war-on-cops-officer-deaths-up-50-this-year/
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/41235743/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/police-fear-war-cops/
Richard Roberts, spokesman for the International Union of Police Associations, told MSNBC, "It's not a fluke.…There's a perception among officers in the field that there's a war on cops going on." Smith County, Texas, Sheriff J.B. Smith told Tyler's KLTV-TV, "I think it's a hundred times more likely today that an officer will be assaulted compared to 20, 30 years ago. It has become one of the most hazardous jobs in the United States, undoubtedly—in the top five."

Aselith

Um, put your chin in the inner elbow of your arm and then try to bite yourself, let me know if you have trouble succeeding. (You shouldn't)

If you have the chin restrained properly, I shouldn't be able to move your head down, yeah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-_6aY-afS0

I found this video which obviously shows the head restrained in such a way as to keep it from moving into bite range. If you don't have your arm under the chin then they could move their head downwards to escape the hold. Do you have any more information about the chokehold he was doing to leave the head free to move into bite range?

Also if you look at the video when he is punching him in the head you can clearly see the officer has his arm under the guys chin so that is kind of immaterial.

Patrol

Banned
I can't believe Patrol even brought up the lack of audio like it was some sort of point in the cops' favor.
Yeah, every single one of their mics just happened to not be working. Totally not suspicious.
No, I did not directly, or indirectly, state that the lack of audio is a benefit to the situation. I clearly expressed disappointment in the lack of audio, and I clearly stated that the lack of audio is an important missing context that could have helped the situation.

When you hear officers calling for help over the radio, instinctly, you are rushing to aid the officers and thus tunnel vision can encompass your direction. Simple things like turning your mic on can fall on the priority list. I can understand why, but during the process with some of the officers standing by watching and not assisting -- they should have their mics on. That is disappointing, but I won't fault the first responding officers. And yes, the first two should have had theirs on from the start, there are no excuses there.

I understand the distinction. And I'm not sure I explained my feelings well.

"Resistance" itself seems to me inherently active, a conscious choice, which makes it an odd thing to pair with the term "passive". "Passive resistance" seems to mean not following or going against orders, which can be both a defiant choice or a reflex or misunderstanding.

For example, in this case, the man is pulled out of the car and onto the ground, where the officer puts him in a hold. When he tries to relieve the pressure of the hold, the officer repeatedly punches him in the face, causing the man to bring his other hand in front of his face to block the blows. This conflicts with what the second officer is doing, since he's trying to handcuff the man. That would be passive resistance. The man should have allowed the officer to do whatever he wished and taken any blow or hold without complaint.

What I find difficult here is how this gets framed. A man suddenly thrown into a stressful, violent situation is framed as "resisting" if he does anything to try to minimize the damage done to him, as if he's intentionally trying to spite the officers and defy them. But it seems to me in cases like these that a man's untrained reactions can be just as much unconscious choices reacting to the stress of the situation. Escalating force here (bringing more officers with tazers, applying blows, etc.) won't really change that, it'll just create more harm.

Naturally, an officer in this situation doesn't necessarily know the intentions of the people they deal with, so these are snap decisions being made instinctively. Sometimes "passive resistance" is resistance. But other times (like, I feel, this situation) it's a reaction that can be soothed, instead of inflamed by further violence. There's no distinction in "passive resistance" between these two states, as any non-compliance is resistance, and for police, any resistance can be justifiably met with escalating force.

That was nicely put, and definitely worth reading. Thank you for elaborating on your thoughts.
If you have the chin restrained properly, I shouldn't be able to move your head down, yeah?

I found this video which obviously shows the head restrained in such a way as to keep it from moving into bite range. If you don't have your arm under the chin then they could move their head downwards to escape the hold. Do you have any more information about the chokehold he was doing to leave the head free to move into bite range?

Also if you look at the video when he is punching him in the head you can clearly see the officer has his arm under the guys chin so that is kind of immaterial.

It's not the chin that is restrained, but the head (granted, they are one in the same in the grand scheme of things... cant really restrain the chin without the head). That's a good demonstration of the carotid hold which I was taught to use; same policy too, deadly force only.

The head moves when the striking begins which brought me to my earlier questions of how the biting occurred. Are we talking one bite and stopped and then the punches? Unreasonable. Or biting until the punches came? Reasonable. It's incredibly hard to tell on the grainy video, but you can see his mouth is hidden from view behind the officers arm until the punches came. The position of the head throughout the whole process again makes me hesitant to call it a choke hold, as it does not appear that the trachea was being obstructed.

For some dumb reason I was calling it the esophagus earlier and thought the windpipe and the esophagus were the same thing. Meant to call it the trachea. Graves again playing tricks with me.

I've noticed this story all over UK outlets today, glad to see it's getting international attention as that's usually what's needed for any real action to take place.

Who am I kidding though...nothing will come of this. Just another incident in the police state that is the US of A...

Stinkles

I don't like how freakin' close the officer got to the subject with his gun drawn, as it appears the suspect could have easily reached out and grabbed it. Big issue there. I don't like how they pulled him out of the car, I felt that to be unnecessary.

Again, the lack of audio is my biggest gripe here. A lot of things could have been cleared up with it. Six officers assisting and no mic on? Disappointing.

In this video, an innocent man is pulled from his car by six cops, who disabled their mics, probably deliberately, and viciously beat and choked him and THEN charged HIM with crimes he didn't commit. And you're disappointed. I wish police actions were as restrained as your outrage.

benjipwns

Banned
In this video, an innocent man is pulled from his car by six cops, who disabled their mics, probably deliberately, and viciously beat and choked him and THEN charged HIM with crimes he didn't commit. And you're disappointed. I wish police actions were as restrained as your outrage.
Hey, on the upside they didn't charge him for getting blood on their uniforms. (Unless I missed it.)

Stinkles

Hey, on the upside they didn't charge him for getting blood on their uniforms. (Unless I missed it.)

Every now and then I have to state a calibration. Most of the cops I have interacted with have been smart, reasonable and pleasant people.

With the exception of every traffic stop I've been in - 75% of which (and I'm not exaggerating) have been total bullshit quota filling and all of those on public holidays, two in Quilcene, WA, which exists soley as a speed trap). TOP TIP small town cops - if you're quota filling speed trap tickets, and ticketing me for doing three miles an hour above the unposted speed limit and you waved me and three other cars down by hand, and don't have a radar gun anyway, you CAN SKIP THE FUCKING LECTURE ABOUT DANGER.

One cop I knew very well in a former career. Weirdly, he was a game journalist. he was always a little Napoleon motherfucker. Short, Italian and an insecure bully to his reports and juniors, but nothing radical. For some reason he left to go be a cop in Connecticut. He stayed on my Facebook friends for a couple of years. I paid no attention. Then, the night Obama was elected, he had a racist meltdown. So I ended up going through his post history and it turns out he was a virulent racist convinced every black person was a thug. And he said as much, dozens of times.

Now that's disturbing, right? But that's not the disturbing part. The disturbing part was the 100% posts agreeing with him from his dozens of cop friends and not ONE dissent. I must have read for two hours. Not one cop chimed in and told him to chill.

After that I was actually pretty freaked out. Unified agreement, support, or silence. Not one crack in that armor.

benjipwns

Banned
PoliceOne has had some amazing justifications of just heinous crimes with most of the cops agreeing like that. And then you have a "good apple" who's like "you know, I don't think it's right for cops to rape and murder kittens" and all the rest pile on with "probably a fake troll!" and "prove your credentials!" since every member on there is supposed to be a confirmed member of law enforcement agencies.

There was a guy who lived in a rather poor part of some town, in an apartment building, and police were chasing someone else who had stolen a car into the complex. But lost him, so they were going around knocking on doors and yelling (but never "police" according to witnesses) at 3AM. And this guy answers the door with the chain still hooked and his gun in hand since like it could be some crazy drug fiend or something. One of the cops yelled "gun!" and they fired like 40 times into the door and then busted through the chain lock and shot him a few more times for good measure.

The PoliceOne thread was all about how the scumbag got what was coming to him.

I don't think they ever found the guy who was stealing cars.

Barzul

Every now and then I have to state a calibration. Most of the cops I have interacted with have been smart, reasonable and pleasant people.

With the exception of every traffic stop I've been in - 75% of which (and I'm not exaggerating) have been total bullshit quota filling and all of those on public holidays, two in Quilcene, WA, which exists soley as a speed trap). TOP TIP small town cops - if you're quota filling speed trap tickets, and ticketing me for doing three miles an hour above the unposted speed limit and you waved me and three other cars down by hand, and don't have a radar gun anyway, you CAN SKIP THE FUCKING LECTURE ABOUT DANGER.

One cop I knew very well in a former career. Weirdly, he was a game journalist. he was always a little Napoleon motherfucker. Short, Italian and an insecure bully to his reports and juniors, but nothing radical. For some reason he left to go be a cop in Connecticut. He stayed on my Facebook friends for a couple of years. I paid no attention. Then, the night Obama was elected, he had a racist meltdown. So I ended up going through his post history and it turns out he was a virulent racist convinced every black person was a thug. And he said as much, dozens of times.

Now that's disturbing, right? But that's not the disturbing part. The disturbing part was the 100% posts agreeing with him from his dozens of cop friends and not ONE dissent. I must have read for two hours. Not one cop chimed in and told him to chill.

After that I was actually pretty freaked out. Unified agreement, support, or silence. Not one crack in that armor.

As a black man in America, this is some scary shit to read.

Stinkles

As a black man in America, this is some scary shit to read.

I doubt you're actually surprised though.

My one regret is not reporting him, but it was evident from the support his colleagues gave him that zero shits would be given.

But he's driving around right now, seething at the sheer effrontery black people have to look at him sideways.

I mean, it's always been somewhat clear that the 'only a few bad apples' argument was just BS from apologists.

There's bad cops and then there's their enablers and those who cover for them, I'd argue those cops are just as bad as the ones who actively go out and abuse their position of power and authority.

how many crazy cops does USA have?

This is like crazy, every other day there is a psyco cop beating someone for doing nothing. Cant be many crazy police officers left working soon.

Aselith

Devin Scillian is a hell of a dresser. Nice suit!

Ah you're right. I'm dumb. Hopefully it's a carrear death nail for the officers involved

The biggest problem with this kind of stuff is the only way to put a stop to them is to put them in a jail cell. Firing or being forced to resign just isn't enough. I mean here we've got this guy who was involved in similar shit less than 10 years ago and then Loehmann that was allowed to resign after finding he was entirely incompetent for the job and not only do they get new jobs on the force elsewhere...they don't even have to leave the state to find them.

It seems like the police departments just don't give a fuck how bad a cop you are. If you're a cop, you're a cop.

I know that these may be a few bad apples but why are they allowed back in the barrel?

Inkster Officer Suspended For Involvement In Beating Of Man During Traffic Stop

"William Melendez has been suspended for five days — with termination possible — for the beating of Floyd Dent on Jan. 28.

There are no criminal charges against Melendez, though an investigation by the Michigan State Police is ongoing. An internal investigation by the Inkster Police Department found Melendez to be within the practices of the department.

Dent’s attorney, Gregory Rohl, wants the U.S. Department of Justice to take a look at the case and the department."

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/04...vement-in-beating-of-man-during-traffic-stop/

"Within the practices of the department"

Disgusting.

5 day suspension?! What, do they want him to get punished or go to Disney?!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
5 days of vacation. That'll learn him.

Good to know 16 punches are what they consider modus operandi, for that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom