• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach

First off, Holy shit. Second...how the FUCK did SS beat these fuckers 200 years ago? These guys are one shotting Vice-Captain level opponents, like it's nothing. Ichigo needs to go back in Dangai mode to assrape them all.

Naruto

Really? Susano'o's true form? As if the mofo couldn't already be more broken, by taking on FIVE FUCKING KAGE.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Bleach

First off, Holy shit. Second...how the FUCK did SS beat these fuckers 200 years ago? These guys are one shotting Vice-Captain level opponents, like it's nothing. Ichigo needs to go back in Dangai mode to assrape them all.

Well, remember that to SS, Quincy's are like Ishida, who's still stuck in the past, so to speak. You can see that these new quincys haven't been idle in those 200 years.

Zekes!

Nisekoi

Chitoge is still going to win, sorry haters

Yurika's Campus Life

Ha ha! As expected from the mangakas behind My Balls

survivor

Banned
More of smutgaf needs to read Perowan. It has a dominatrix dog-girl!
yILVH.jpg
You need to start recommending more smut manga

No, it's solved. Less shitty girl wins. We can all go home now.

It's obviously not solved, but I can dream!
Yep the manga is over. I already marked it down as Completed on my MAL account

Well, remember that to SS, Quincy's are like Ishida, who's still stuck in the past, so to speak. You can see that these new quincys haven't been idle in those 200 years.
True. Kirge even explains that the Vandenreich are Quincy who found an even greater power than Letzt Stil. If the power was developed in the past 200 years, then it sounds like Vollstandig was discovered just after the Shinigami-Quincy war had ended. If that's the case, there's very good reason why the Vandenreich are so immensely powerful compared to before.

Anyways, BLEACH 493 + 494

Fuck, finally Kubo kicks it into gear. The Vandenreich are strong as fuck, and I'm looking forward to seeing all of the Captains and Vice-Captains go all out. I loved Opie's revelation of their reishi absorption power.

Things we need to see:
  • Isshin's Shikai + Bankai
  • Kyoraku's Bankai
  • Ukitake's Bankai
  • Yachiru's Shikai
  • Urahara's Bankai
  • Yamamoto's Bankai
  • Ryuuken's Letzt Stil

As you can see, I'm a skill whore.

I am hoping someone can answer a question for me. Which of the contact addresses should I use to let Yen Press know of some manga titles I would like to be licensed since they do not have a forum to discuss such matters? Here is the contact page on their site:

http://www.yenpress.com/about/

You can tweet them...I remember emailing them to thank them for releasing all of Spiral The Bonds of Reasoning...they never responded back :(

Reborn
tumblr_m4usdv0eOK1rprp5qo1_500.jpg

I love how virtually every reaction from Tsuna was "WHAT, WAH, WHAT? WHA!!?" Bringing it all back to 7³ policy (Tri-ni-set) was actually nice and I actually did enjoy the discussion. The walk down memory lane was cool, so many favorite moments, and having watched the entirety of the anime recently was fun to see those moments again. Expected Tsuna response, but thats what I love about him.

I think of the manga in WSJ, Reborn would be my all time second favorite after Naruto. Reborn is always consistent and I love Amano's designs, especially upclose.

It also doesnt feel right reading it when they don't say Tsunayoshi-kun...

survivor

Banned
So the new 3 chapters manga in Jump is called Koganeiro. It's the one by the artist of Onani Master Kurosawa. I hope more info pops out soon.

I thought the first volume sold quite well? I doubt sales would have dropped that fast...
It sold out its shipment and had to get restocked on Amazon

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
So the new 3 chapters manga in Jump is called Koganeiro. It's the one by the artist of Onani Master Kurosawa. I hope more info pops out soon.

It sold out its shipment and had to get restocked on Amazon

So I guess Cosmicblizzard is just salty that he chose the wrong girl to support. :p

You are now to the point where it just becomes rage inducing. Up to this point I still thought it was meh but not bad. Then the old love interests come back and the shit jumps off a cliff.
AndHereWeGo.gif

Yeah that's got to be the worst misunderstanding ever.
That you would get bored. I figured that was the case with "would've been better as a wacky/fun/silly/non serious comedy manga." It's a totally understandable viewpoint regarding Hekatoi. But if rage keeps your interest, then more power to ya. Survivor I think has effectively lost his mind.

No no no. I certainly didn't get bored. For me being boring is the worst thing a manga can be (and there are boring manga out there). While rage inducing at times and hair splitting, Hetakoi is still entertaining to an extent. I don't regret reading it, at least.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It starts out funny, then it gets depressingly pathetic.

Big One

Banned
You know I'm really surprised people seem to have opposite reaction I have to Bleach this week. When Bleach at least does something a normal manga should do, people rage. It being bullshitty isn't very relevant cause we don't really know where to even place the oncoming threat at. They're Quincies, but have abilities that go beyond our normal thought of what a Quincy is. This arc started out as some shitty Bleach chapters like the usual Hueco Mundo crap, but now it's doing what a manga is supposed to do: Have stuff happening that's actually well-paced. Bleach has always been basically an anime in manga form but now that Kubo is doing some actual manga-style storytelling people get mad. Really shows that people dunno wtf they want from Bleach.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Using introduction time for 3 characters that are, for all intents and purposes, not going to matter in a a chapter or so is not really my idea of good pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom