• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuur

This is meant to be the final arc for Bleach right? I'm pretty curious what most of you guys would consider an "ideal" and "worst case scenario" outcome in terms of where this war will go.

Everyone gets better fights than they did at the end of the Arrancar Arc. I mainly want to see the Vizard captains and "old" captains (Yamamoto, Unohana, Ukitake, Shunsui) fight well and be 'redeemed' I guess. Hopefully team Ichigo will also get decent fights and show some new power, with Ichigo obviously taking on the big bad but the rest also taking on high-level enemies. It'd be cool if Ichigo would also make use of Fullbringing. It'd be cool to see his dad and Urahara be awesome.

Worst case scenario, everyone else gets rolled, Ichigo super-powers up and kills everyone.

Alternative best case scenario: Aizen wants for all our heroes to die, breaks free, kills all Quincy and becomes king of the world.

survivor

Banned
Hetakoi vol 2

JGLA9.png

Huh, really? No dreams or ambitions? Just want to be wife of a guy that gets a new girlfriend each month? I wish I can be so simple minded like this

This manga is making it very hard to take their situation seriously. He wants her, she wants him but they can't date cause she is waiting for some mysterious guy or some bullshit like that. Oh and apparently there is extremely hot "middle school" student that is a virgin and tries to do it with the MC. Shit was messed up and completely unbelievable.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Koisome Momiji 1

Ending was stupid as hell, but the girl got several nice upgrades from the oneshot.

Hetakoi vol 2

JGLA9.png

Huh, really? No dreams or ambitions? Just want to be wife of a guy that gets a new girlfriend each month? I wish I can be so simple minded like this

This manga is making it very hard to take their situation seriously. He wants her, she wants him but they can't date cause she is waiting for some mysterious guy or some bullshit like that. Oh and apparently there is extremely hot "middle school" student that is a virgin and tries to do it with the MC. Shit was messed up and completely unbelievable.

This is why you should stick to good smutgaf series like Aunt Tits and TLRD. ^^

Hetakoi vol 2

JGLA9.png

It gets worse, way worse. Has the last volume been translated? I struggled through the crap and now I just want to finish it.

survivor

Banned
This is why you should stick to good smutgaf series like Aunt Tits and TLRD. ^^
Not every manga can be great like Aunt Tits

It gets worse, way worse. Has the last volume been translated? I struggled through the crap and now I just want to finish it.

Translation seems stuck halfway in volume 9. I was hoping by the time I get there, it would be fully translated, but it looks like I'm catching up too fast. I guess I love stupidity and rage.

Naruto
Finally back to the 5 kage fight , okay chapter .

Bleach
I can already tell i not going to like this war , if all this is a small amount of super strong people showing up and killing everyone until we get 1 on 1 fights .

One Piece
There goes Law plan nothing is safe when you tell Luffy it , okay chapter .

Khezu

Naruto

Hopefully redemption equals death and sasuke can die saving naruto from tobi, and then give naruto his eyes and they will turn into the ring bullshit and naruto can finally fulfill his destiny as Jesus Christ, Pokemon Master.

Susan the flaming skeleton having legs is kinda freaky to me for some reason, Madaras perfect form is pretty cool though, shame hes wasted fighting these twats, naruto should have stayed and released his fox form for this, his half dead shadow clone is probably stronger then all 5 of these idiots.

Translation seems stuck halfway in volume 9. I was hoping by the time I get there, it would be fully translated, but it looks like I'm catching up too fast. I guess I love stupidity and rage.

At least it was picked back up. It was stuck at the end of volume 8 for at least 4 or 5 months now. May wait until the 9th volume gets finished to read.

Imho it would've been better as a wacky/fun/silly/non serious comedy manga. It tends to get bad when it tries to be serious (because of the ridiculousness of the situations).

That's what I was hoping for when I started it. Was looking for something more like Ai Kora(which I liked, not sure of the reception here) and with the first chapter thought it would be more of a silly series, then it turned all serious and gets even more serious as it goes on.

Bleach
tumblr_m4u1zyMwWJ1qcrnx8o1_r1_500.png

Well Ichigo's panel was nice and the designs (well this dude, and the foul mouthed Byakuya look a like, Katakura Asuka) were cool.

I guess Im a victim of being blinded by nostalgia of Arrancar Saga, that I must say that even with all of this happening...it just feels not as good as it can possibly be. Kira being killed was intense, but then the same thing happened to the other member of the love triangle...Rangiku Matsumoto...then, he can be healed. I just want Hisagi, Toshiro, Renji, and Ichigo to hurry and get into all this action.

I think this arc is confirming my fears that the "final" arc of any type of media is just never as good as that which came before it.

vareon

1. these specific guys showed up for the first time this chapter. But we've also seen Buckbeard, nazi-dude and some other guys. We've also known there'd be an invasion for at least a few chapters.

I'm not basing my impression soley on this chapter alone, but the stuff said so far & the personality/ideology shown by Buckbeard this far.

2. Bleach has a running theme of "powerful dudes showing up and kicking ass"; The arrancar had Yammy and Ulquoriquaillamon show up and kick some ass, the Fullbring arc had "the mysterious uryuu cutter" guy and even Soul Society started with Byakuya and Renji showing up and kicking Ichigo's butt severely.

I know the scale is much much larger and all "epic", but I can't say dudes suddenly showing up and being this much of a threat isn't impressive to me at all.

I think with the length of the current arc up until now, we couldn't decide what's still unexplained and what's simply made up. My feeling of "who the fuck are these guys why did they suddenly appear now" is pretty much the reaction of the main characters so far.

Kusagari

Naruto:

More bad Itachi speeches and Madara continuing to troll the Kages. I really hope Madara stays active after Edo Tensei ends, but I'm starting to doubt it.

One Piece:

Decent chapter. I hope things start to get moving soon though.

Bleach:

Quincy's are doing work. Kira and the no names getting their shit stomped in was great. I'm kind of mad that the rest of the Quincy have generic designs though. I wish they would all look like Nazi rejects like Kirge.

Bleach:

Quincy's are doing work. Kira and the no names getting their shit stomped in was great. I'm kind of mad that the rest of the Quincy have generic designs though. I wish they would all look like Nazi rejects like Kirge.

I think the heart beltbuckle is a clever reference to SS germany though.

I remember the nazis having something like that on their belt.

A heart ... or a clover or something.

Mr. Fix

Naruto

I actually liked this chapter; the Madara bits anyway. Finally good to see the Kage fight again. I was already expecting Madara to have the perfect Susanoo, as Sasuke already has it. I fear for Oonoki's life. Hopefully they make his death an epic one.

Bleach

Haha, this week's an odd one. I liked this chapter too. Cool setup chapter. Where's Grimmjow!?

One Piece

Man that Samurai is awesome. Wonder why Law can't directly help. Could it have something to do with his old crew?

Metal B

One Piece

Man that Samurai is awesome. Wonder why Law can't directly help. Could it have something to do with his old crew?

I believe some of the 100 hearts belong to his crew, which he borrowed from them and some other pirates to become a shichibukai. His crew are actually the frozen people at the entrance.

gunbo13

That's is to bad it's one of the better fan service shows and story gets better later on.
Topless girls for 1/2 the episodes, all attacks revealing boobs, and panty shots in bundles is a bit much. The anime took the manga fan-service, which was pretty high as is, and multiplied it by the number of potential topless females. It made the anime tacky, overshadowing the pretty cool concept the narrative is built on.
Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!
retcon:
NVM, you are reading the inferior version.
So I just finished Air Gear, honestly mad at myself for following that for 3~ years.
You should be questioning yourself instead.
Imho it would've been better as a wacky/fun/silly/non serious comedy manga. It tends to get bad when it tries to be serious (because of the ridiculousness of the situations).
I called it.

survivor

Banned
Hetakoi vol 3

You did not just say that you piece of shit. You fucking dense pathetic excuse of a man.

Hetakoi vol 4

So that's the guy Ruka is in love with? The dude is a jackass who ignored her and didn't give a shit about her then left to Africa for 2 years. And then we find out he still likes her? Then why the fuck didn't you confess to her when you can tell she likes you? Argh, this shit is stupid. Oh and the drinking buddy is now without a boyfriend, I expect more misunderstandings and DRAMA out of this.

upandaway

One Piece

Now that I think about it, isn't Luffy in the best position to get Caesar? Y'know, being immune to poison and all.

Maybe we'll get an Enel moment where Caesar tries to poison Luffy and he just shrugs it off

One Piece

Too much talking and stuff. Does Caesar really have no one else on his side? Dude needs more named underlings or something.
At this point it's pretty clear that the story won't contained in this one island (similar to pretty much any other saga that isn't Thriller Bark or Fishman Island). And Caesar doesn't look like the final boss.

One Piece

All the time with Zoro and Sanji was pretty fun. They get along so well. Chapter could have been better if Luffy was given quite a bit more paneltime though. I wish his activities were done on panel. Don't understand why Smoker and Tashigi are still there.

For the ugly slime creature, hope the strawhats unleash new moves that can destroy it in one hit, specifically Zoro, Sanji, Luffy.

Topless girls for 1/2 the episodes, all attacks revealing boobs, and panty shots in bundles is a bit much. The anime took the manga fan-service, which was pretty high as is, and multiplied it by the number of potential topless females. It made the anime tacky, overshadowing the pretty cool concept the narrative is built on.

The anime is base on the light novel which already has a real high level of fan service .
If they do a second season they are later parts of the novel with even more stuff like that .
If you read the light novel you knew what to expect from the anime to tell the truth .

Talking about Bleach now , i don't think Kira dead yet but you never know this is that last arc .
I should say for a VC he stupid as hell people attacking SS and he not even in shikai form yet .

One Piece
Now that I think about it, isn't Luffy in the best position to get Caesar? Y'know, being immune to poison and all.

Yeah he immune to poison but depending on how Oda wants to do CC that don't have to be a factor.
There are so many type of gases and stuff you can do with them that CC could have really good fight without using poison gas.

survivor

Banned
Hetakoi vol 5

FUCK YOU KOMAI. You scum piece of shit asshole whoring yourself out like that. I had to suffer through 5 volumes of you whining around like a dense idiot who can't get the girl that likes you and you like, but then you just sleep with Shimizu that easily? Fuck this shit. And I know this fucking sucks cause the asshole will break up with Shimizu just so he can get back to his destined Ruka.

Hetakoi vol 5

FUCK YOU KOMAI. You scum piece of shit asshole whoring yourself out like that. I had to suffer through 5 volumes of you whining around like a dense idiot who can't get the girl that likes you and you like, but then you just sleep with Shimizu that easily? Fuck this shit. And I know this fucking sucks cause the asshole will break up with Shimizu just so he can get back to his destined Ruka.

You are now to the point where it just becomes rage inducing. Up to this point I still thought it was meh but not bad. Then the old love interests come back and the shit jumps off a cliff.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Madara was secretly not left handed. Ugh cliche manga conventions.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Bleach

Did I just spy a power level scouter?

I'm glad Bleach is around to remind me Naruto could still be worse.
Something happened in Bleach. I've been waiting two years for that to occur in Naruto.

In short if you think Naruto is better than Bleach, you have to be trolling.

Madara was secretly not left handed. Ugh cliche manga conventions.

It'll be funny when he's super powered up and Itachi pulls the plug on Madara. It'll also have the bonus effect of rendering the Hokage fight totally pointless.

Big One

Banned
Actually, it was hinted very subtly by Ryuuken when he warned Ishida not to get involved in Shinigami affairs.
What exactly does that have to do with anything going on with the current arc whatsoever? That's an ambigious statement at best which could mean anything. Sure we can say that, "So THAT'S what he's talking about." but it isn't real foreshadowing unless it was something so key specific to what's going on right now. Real foreshadowing would be Ryuuken hinting that there are bad Quincy out there that could very well be bringing war to Soul Society.

Zekes!

Chronicles of Street Observation Research aka Raika's Tits

retcon:
NVM, you are reading the inferior version.

Well we're back to our scheduled programing

Momoiro Meloik

MC is an older brother delinquent with a sister complex? Has no shame about popping a boner in front of a policewoman after looking at a peeper's photo of his sister? Now this...this has promise, mhm.

gunbo13

That I wouldn't like it ? Because nothwithstanding the SERIOUS DRAMA and TRAGEDIC MISUNDERSTANDINGS I enjoyed it quite a bit. Also Ruka is mai waifu.
That you would get bored. I figured that was the case with "would've been better as a wacky/fun/silly/non serious comedy manga." It's a totally understandable viewpoint regarding Hekatoi. But if rage keeps your interest, then more power to ya. Survivor I think has effectively lost his mind.
The anime is base on the light novel which already has a real high level of fan service.
There's a difference between showing a girl topless from a quick angle compared to having her bounce her tits around for 20 minutes. You are confusing amount with level regarding fan-service. Since the manga follows the exact path of the anime yet tones the fan-service down by a large magnitude without changing the narrative; that is a prime example. And even if the anime is true to the LN, then it is still awful with the LN included.
Chronicles of Street Observation Research aka Raika's Tits
Well we're back to our scheduled programing
Excellent.

One Piece

LOL @ Luffy going with the direct approach and i wonder why Law isn't able to do what chopper asked for (does Ceasar/The goverment have his crew?).

Naruto

Messiah Naruto will soon return *blargh*

Uchiha shown as being broken as fuck, big whoop.

Bleach

Soul Society getting fucked as predicted by almost everyone and finally we see the other soldiers under BuckBeard's command but GOD FUCKING DAMMIT KUBO with your chapters that end in an instant :/

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
What exactly does that have to do with anything going on with the current arc whatsoever? That's an ambigious statement at best which could mean anything. Sure we can say that, "So THAT'S what he's talking about." but it isn't real foreshadowing unless it was something so key specific to what's going on right now. Real foreshadowing would be Ryuuken hinting that there are bad Quincy out there that could very well be bringing war to Soul Society.
Yes...

Foreshadowing doesn't count unless the author holds you by the hand and whispers exactly what's coming next in your quivering ear.

Big One

Banned
Yes...

Foreshadowing doesn't count unless the author holds you by the hand and whispers exactly what's coming next in your quivering ear.
Umm that's exactly what foreshadowing is.

How can we even say such an ambiguous statement is even foreshadowing when it has literally nothing to do with what's going on right now?

Foreshadowing would be a silhouette of Buckbeard appearing in a random place watching Ichigo fight Aizen.

Foreshadowing would be someone hinting that there are Quincy out there that aren't Ishida and his dad.

A statement like "Don't get in the affairs of Shinigami" however has multiple meanings to it and could literally mean anything. If that's foreshadowing, then the standards for foreshadowing here have hit an all time low.

Bleach

Got to go with Big One on this one, nothing up until this actual arc has indicated that the Quincy were a significant threat to SS anymore. The existence of the Ishida family is the closest thing to suggest that but that's not foreshadowing at all.

I also agree with those saying that instantly decimating the SS forces is a pretty shitty way to artificially make the quincy more powerful than they should be. I do wonder how SS ever beat them when the quincy have this much power, how the fuck did they win the war in the first place?

Other than all that it was a decent generic shonen chapter. Which is a step up for Bleach I suppose.

Naruto was awful with the susanoo power up, cause you know what the Uchiha need? More eye hax powers!!!

Also the emotional shit was just urgh.

One Piece was good fun as usual, really looking forward to the next chapter. I really want to see how they're going to fight off the blob.

Luffy's entrance was amazing :D

Ok, what the fuck.

Naruto actually pissed me off so much, I just want to stop for today.

Please tell me One Piece and Bleach are better.

Please.

Kusagari

That Ryuuken statement isn't a hint of anything. We've known since day 1 that Shinigami and Quincy don't mix. I don't know how that statement is even supposed to relate to the Vandenreich.

Subtle foreshadowing would have been Mayuri dropping some random line like "We might fight again some day, Quincy." Or anything when he met Ishida again in Hueco Mondo, since we know that he feared the Quincy would attack by that point.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Bleach

Got to go with Big One on this one, nothing up until this actual arc has indicated that the Quincy were a significant threat to SS anymore. The existence of the Ishida family is the closest thing to suggest that but that's not foreshadowing at all.

I also agree with those saying that instantly decimating the SS forces is a pretty shitty way to artificially make the quincy more powerful than they should be. I do wonder how SS ever beat them when the quincy have this much power, how the fuck did they win the war in the first place?
Well, Quincy's are human so the shinigami probably beat them in the reality that's not made entirely out of spiritual particles.

gunbo13

Bleech

iH3q3.png

Derp, Ichigo stuck in the deesseert while the real shit goes down...again. Looks like Kira got L'd the fuck up. I like his shikai so I hope he gets some elmers from the 4th division. I'm not as amped as others about this chapter. The shot with the captains is more of a reminder that so many possibly good stories aren't going to get told. I literally think all this quincy shit is boring as I hate their tone and pretty much everything about them.

Naruto

Sasuke still being pissy, no surprise there, and another ultimate Uchiha form I'm guessing it will show some of its power with the kages on the brink of death but then Itachi disables Edo tensei and all is saved etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom