• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Is that so? Hmmm. The impression I have is drawing even a page can be an arduous work that can take a day or so, but it seems like I am mistaken.
Yeah, even if it takes "hours" on a single panel keep in mind how hard manga-ka work and how much time they spend on drawing manga everyday. Sans the color, they have to make something that is normally made in a month here in America every week.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I doubt anyone here has any information about this, but does anyone know how many assistants each big 3 mangaka has? As the most popular ones I'm going to assume they have more assistants than the "lesser" mangakas.
In a 2008 interview, Kubo said he has 3 assistants. No head assistants though, just three assistants.

I remember reading somewhere that Kishimoto has 4, don't know how trustworthy that is or when it was.

As for Oda, I don't know or haven't read about any, but people online has said he has assitants (plural), so he at least has 2. But I'm sure it's probably 3-5.

Khezu

Naruto chapter sounds boring, nothing happens.

I hope kabuto somehow breaks there susano's so we can get an actual fight, instead of two assholes standing around in flaming skeletons doing nothing.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Heh. Amazing people, those mangakas. I can't even begin to imagine how utterly devastated a mangaka would be if his/her manga gets cancelled or something... that must have been crushing.

This Naruto chapter sounds boring as shit for real though. Seems like Kabuto doesn't even do anything cool besides stab a clone.

Well to be fair, it's a fight between an Oro clone and two Uchihas, I fully expected them to do a bunch of standing around because of the way they fight, it's not gonna be like if a Hyuuga and the Raikage got into it or something.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if the Naruto v. Sasuke fight is gonna just be them standing there glaring at each other while their epic battle auras (Kurama and Susano'o) do everything.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Well to be fair, it's a fight between an Oro clone and two Uchihas, I fully expected them to do a bunch of standing around because of the way they fight, it's not gonna be like if a Hyuuga and the Raikage got into it or something.

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if the Naruto v. Sasuke fight is gonna just be them standing there glaring at each other while their epic battle auras (Kurama and Susano'o) do everything.

Man... I miss fights such as Neji against the spider guy or the first fight between Shikamaru against his future fan-wielding wife.

I really get a strong vibe of "Eh fuck it I'm gonna go craaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" from Kishimoto's work lately. Guess he doesn't really care anymore since the story near its ending....

I would love to be proven wrong though.

iavi

Prison School.

Keep ya head up, Kiyoshi. He took that abuse like a boss. And she's playing ojou but, oddly enough, I do think the president will cut him some slack. She looked to be almost impressed that he was obviously taking the whole wrap like a bro, instead of snitching.

Khezu

Naruto

Bleh.

Kabuto's dragon sound thing is a pretty amazing attack, sasuke would have been fucked if not for his brother.

Gazzawa

Naruto

Not the best translation there...
Possible change in Sasuke???? = No Naruto Vs Sasuke vengeance fight????
Naruto + Sasuke Vs Tobi game winning kill????
Rock Lee to get head from Ten Ten???

One Piece

Law owning everyone was awesome, especially Tashigi. Smoker is probably alive but cant move without his heart.
Cant wait for Luffy x Law.

Edit: Its on break next week. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Binbougami ga! vol 1

This is like the exact opposite of Ah My Goddess. Some arrogant bitch is super lucky to the point that she's absorbing other people's luck, so some goddess of misfortune is sent to take her good energy to restore the balance.

It's pretty funny and kind of heartwarming too. Would be nice if the translation picked up since only 2 volumes of 10 are available. Maybe it will get an anime soon even.

A bit late here, but this is getting an anime in summer!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Bleach
so the dead vice captain that ichigo worfed in one hit has apparently had a bankai for a thousand years.

Steroyd

One Piece

Holy crap, what a fight, it needs to be next week already.

Edit: Wait One Piece is on a break next week!?

ksEDd.jpg

Ah well on the bright side, at least it isn't a hiatus. ¬_¬

Anteater

One Piece

Law is really overpowered, and his ability seems like it could have a lot of use, like swapping bodies, and modifying them. I wonder what they're up to on that island.

Tacitus_

OP
Holy shit Law is overpowered. Also, the leader of the gasmask dudes looked a lot like the fortuneteller pirate. Maybe just a coincidence, but you never know with Oda.

Tizoc

^EDIT: lol, well give that manga a read, looks ridiculously awesome.

Cool thanks.
Well I'd like some manga recommendations for just about any genre but horror, I'm not a big fan of those in general although I did make exceptions for the works by the creator of Uzumaki and Gyo. (Does Me and the Devil Blues count as horror though? I own Vol. 1 and 2 in comic/book collection~)
I've read and am familiar with much of the series that are generally known to most of the posters here BTW.

PK Gaming

To the guys who said Smoker would beat Law's ass down. (Yes, I remember all of you)

You've placed yourselves in quite the predicament... no?
(muhahahahaha Law is untouchable!)

Kreed

One Piece 662:

Law taking Smoker's heart was my favorite part of the chapter. Law's Devil Fruit is definitely powerful enough on it's own, but Oda illustrated here that it's Law's medical knowledge that makes him so dangerous. If anyone else was using Law's ability and fought a Logia like Smoker they would have lost the fight. I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements Kidd has made to his abilities.

Naruto

Fortuitously, part of my prediction came true, which is exciting. The bonds between brothers with the flashback combined with a side by side comparison of current events and teaming up was pretty well done intertwined with some action. I like how both actually smiled and looked happy, which they ought to do more often.

Hopefully we could get more time with Sasuke Itachi, flashbacks, and a cool conclusion to the fight.

^EDIT: lol, well give that manga a read, looks ridiculously awesome.

Cool thanks.
Well I'd like some manga recommendations for just about any genre but horror, I'm not a big fan of those in general although I did make exceptions for the works by the creator of Uzumaki and Gyo. (Does Me and the Devil Blues count as horror though? I own Vol. 1 and 2 in comic/book collection~)
I've read and am familiar with much of the series that are generally known to most of the posters here BTW.

Magi (shounen adventure)
Jormugand (seinen about arm dealers has Black Lagoon vibes)
Kongou Banchou (shounen battle)
Prison School (seinen)
Btooom! (seinen kind like Battle Royale)

I would recommend others but I dont know what you would like.

Tobe

Naruto
it was meh but looking at 2 different susanoo's was nice hope the fight hypes up.

Bleach
the few pages explaining the death sasakibe were awesome, the page where yamamoto was standing before sasakibe was pretty powerful imo.

rouken

One Piece

oda's been on a roll each week im loving it! :D i thought he would cut short smoker and law's fight but what he showed is not what im expecting. so awesome! too bad it's on a break next week when things are finally coming together, luffy and law would be incredible to see.

also, who do you think is on that left panel beside ace and dragon on the newspaper, can't seem to recognize him.

One Piece

oda's been on a roll each week im loving it! :D i thought he would cut short smoker and law's fight but what he showed is not what im expecting. so awesome! too bad it's on a break next week when things are finally coming together, luffy and law would be incredible to see.

also, who do you think is on that right panel beside ace and dragon on the newspaper, can't seem to recognize him.

Remove that link, you dont want to lose your account.

rouken

now that you mention it, i think so too. also he has that weird eyebrow.

and i need to get this out because i think her design is just awesome,
harpy for nakama! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom