• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Cage of Eden seems pretty dece so far. I'm on chapter 43.

Wait, aren't I supposed to be reading Hunter x Hunter and One Piece?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm assuming the badass short kage dude, but that fight went down the drain once Madara started doing even more hax.
Short kage dude? Badass? Come on. He's one of the dumbest guys out there. He should've died twice by now. And proving himself useless when he and another kage couldn't take out one kage without Naruto's help, he's anything but badass. Did anyone actually enjoy his 5 page flashback?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Short kage dude? Badass? Come on. He's one of the dumbest guys out there. He should've died twice by now. And proving himself useless when he and another kage couldn't take out one kage without Naruto's help, he's anything but badass. Did anyone actually enjoy his 5 page flashback?

Sorry, when I said "good," I meant Naruto's fight, and I meant it less like "good," and more like "relevant to the plot and not featuring talking zombies." Although technically there are zombies in this fight, now that I think of it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Sorry, when I said "good," I meant Naruto's fight, and I meant it less like "good," and more like "relevant to the plot and not featuring talking zombies." Although technically there are zombies in this fight, now that I think of it.
Oh, right. Yeah, basically. Naruto's fight with Tobi/the Jinchuriki also moved along quite nicely despite the actual fight being half-TnJ. These other two look like they'll probably be dragged out in terms of pacing.

Can't wait for the inevitable "Sasuke, you saved the kages by helping stop Kabuto and Edo Tensei! Redemption in our eyes! Welcome to the good side!"

Itachi: Sasuke, go

Sasuke: *nustles into Naruto's chest*

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh, right. Yeah, basically. Naruto's fight with Tobi/the Jinchuriki also moved along quite nicely despite the actual fight being half-TnJ. These other two look like they'll probably be dragged out in terms of pacing.

Can't wait for the inevitable "Sasuke, you saved the kages by helping stop Kabuto and Edo Tensei! Redemption in our eyes! Welcome to the good side!"

It's not that I have a particular problem with Itachi, it's that I have a particular problem with Itachi as a Zombie. Dead people should stay dead, particularly if they are plot relevant characters as opposed to just some resurrected demon/villain like Madara is. My problem with the Madara fight is that he's a) stupid overpowered and b) fighting a bunch of stiffs I don't care about other than Kool Aid Man, and he's pretty much permanently gimped.

Lain

Houou High School Misoragumi vol 3
74bb36547b2695b2f11756eec3b256541aa27612.png

Finally an explanation about why Yui is so "possessive" with Kei, though it seems to fall into the childhood promise field.
Can't say I'm a fan of the direction events take just to fulfill the plot, and with only 1 volume left, I'm expecting a fast wrap up.

neoanarch

Medaka Box 140 spoilers:

So the manga isn't ending like people assumed. Nope... in fact, Medaka stops Ajimu from killing herself... Medaka and Zenkichi kiss and some point... and yeah, still waiting on scans, but there it is.

Well no one saw that coming

as he points at himself and smiles smugly at all those who doubted and ignored his predictions.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looks yaoitastic.
Revising this. It's about a lesbian trying to pick up girls at a snooty private high school. Except she gets swindled into an all boys school by her troll mom.

SOLD.
I'm thinking he'll have to conquer his dads new wife at some point.
God, there's just so much potential in this series.

Solune

Boku to Majo no Jikan 3
So I didn't read this chapter when Cosmic mentioned it and just got around to it now. Pretty good all around with the new character introduction. Seems strange to me that this is in Jump Square but the next release won't be till August(?). Didn't know serializations have those sort of intervals.

Kusagari

I've been reading Fourteen all day, it's strangely addicting, and just finished volume 5.

What The Fuck?

This manga just gets more and more bizarre by the chapter.

RagnarokX

I'm thinking Dr Snakes will either absorb Kabuto or get taken over by Kabuto. That would give Dr Snakes sage mode and a zombie army, and if Kabuto controls him Kishi can use that as an asspull for Dr Snakes' redemption.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
You know what I REALLY don't understand? Why the hell did Kishimoto make it seem like Sasuke was so important (to Tobi) leading up to the war? Tobi agreed with Kabuto that he would give Kabuto Sasuke after the war (which makes no sense in the first place...) but explicitly told Kabuto that he didn't want him in any type of contact with Sasuke during/before the war. This made it seem like Tobi gave a fuck.

Now, Sasuke busts out of a cave, kills one of Tobi's biggest war assets (I guess?) and is now in direct contact with Kabuto and a freed Itachi. None of this concerns Tobi? I mean it's not as if the dude hasn't been able to teleport wherever the fuck he wants whenever he wants with zero troubles. AND he has a tracker on Sasuke apparently, evidenced from events earlier in the manga. So now he's just not giving a fuck while Sasuke squares off with Kabuto, who is suspect anyway?

This makes no sense. Tobi is such a shit villain :\

Big One

Banned
You know what I REALLY don't understand? Why the hell did Kishimoto make it seem like Sasuke was so important (to Tobi) leading up to the war? Tobi agreed with Kabuto that he would give Kabuto Sasuke after the war (which makes no sense in the first place...) but explicitly told Kabuto that he didn't want him in any type of contact with Sasuke during/before the war. This made it seem like Tobi gave a fuck.

Now, Sasuke busts out of a cave, kills one of Tobi's biggest war assets (I guess?) and is now in direct contact with Kabuto and a freed Itachi. None of this concerns Tobi? I mean it's not as if the dude hasn't been able to teleport wherever the fuck he wants whenever he wants at any time. AND he has a tracker on Sasuke apparently, evidenced from events earlier in the manga. So now he's just not giving a fuck while Sasuke squares off with Kabuto, who is suspect anyway?

This makes no sense. Tobi is such a shit villain :\
It's because Kishimoto doesn't know how to write a story, he just changes shit every few chapters into a completely different direction forgetting anything that was previously established and shown in the series. Except for moments like Karin, who was randomly revealed to be an Uzumaki as a lot of people were expecting.

Big One

Banned
Wut Piece spoilers

Shichbukai Law vs. VA Smoker
ID's New Guard Beast: Minochihuahua

Law says, in regards to Tashigi "Weak shits should just die"
The Marines, upset by the insult, shoot, but Law counters by replacing their bullets with snow
Law tries to cut Tashigi again but Smoker stops him
Marines: "Uooohhh! Smoya!!!"
An intense fight begins

The crew is moving around by riding on top of Brownbeard
Inside the castle, M and his subordinates speak. The human-face bird-body appears.

Smoker starts to suspect that there's someone behind Law (figuratively and physically?)
Law: "If we don't change this setting, there'll be more things that shouldn't be seen, Smoker.... Scalpel" and with that, he extracts Smoker's heart. The match is decided. Smoker has fallen.
Luffy appears there
Luffy: "Eh?! You are...!?"

smurfx

get some go again
smoker suspecting there is somebody behind law makes me wonder if law is part of dragons crew. law seems to know something about the D's. plus the way he has helped luffy makes me think he is doing it for someone. also it appears law now has smokers heart. is this how law will make smoker not talk about what happened?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The more I'm thinking about it, depending on how quickly Smoker gets taken out, I'm not sure how much I'll appreciate that shit. I mean, this is supposed to be Smoker. I thought he wouldn't show all his chops until near endgame in an ironic attempt to help Luffy against someone ridiculously strong. Him getting roflstomped by Law in one chapter...well, we'll see how it plays out.
smoker suspecting there is somebody behind law makes me wonder if law is part of dragons crew. law seems to know something about the D's. plus the way he has helped luffy makes me think he is doing it for someone.
And he's a Shichibukai to be able to get direct information on the WG for Dragon? I CAN DIG THAT!

Mr. Fix

Dat spoiler! So good! Is Luffy at the Smoker-Law scene when he says that? I was under the impression that he was with the crew(or was that Sanji's group) at M's spot. Either way, Smoker down? Damn if true, he's like the ultimate anti-logia user then.

Edit: nvm about the location misunderstanding.

It's probably nothing, but aren't Law's and Doflamingo's Jolly Roger's similar? That and the whole finger thing.

Zekes!

I'm thinking he'll have to conquer his dads new wife at some point.

A teacher (besides his Aunt) is a given too. It's probably safe to assume every girl that shows up in this manga is prey for Minamoto-kun

Wiseblade

smoker suspecting there is somebody behind law makes me wonder if law is part of dragons crew. law seems to know something about the D's. plus the way he has helped luffy makes me think he is doing it for someone. also it appears law now has smokers heart. is this how law will make smoker not talk about what happened?

Law being an ally of Dragon's would explain his actions at Marine HQ and why he became a Warlord... Somebody's got to spy on the WG in place of Kuma.

Big One

Banned
The more I'm thinking about it, depending on how quickly Smoker gets taken out, I'm not sure how much I'll appreciate that shit. I mean, this is supposed to be Smoker. I thought he wouldn't show all his chops until near endgame in an ironic attempt to help Luffy against someone ridiculously strong. Him getting roflstomped by Law in one chapter...well, we'll see how it plays out.

Smoker's heart was stolen, so he probably isn't complete defeated yet. I think he'll end up helping the Strawhats this arc cause all of their hearts have been tampered with.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
If that is the case (I hope it is)...goddamn Dragon is a motherfucking G. He don't do shit, he just sends his goons out to do what needs to be done.

Not to mention this would be quite the connection since this would be the second time Dragon is stopping Smoker's pursuit of Luffy. The first directly, the second indirectly.

neoanarch

Is search broken or something. when you use search nothing from the last week or so comes up. I should probably pm Evilore or a mod and ask. But I can't tell if its working or not.

Big One

Banned
Why do so many people climb up to Ichigo's window anyway? Have they ever heard of knocking on a door?

Also no One Piece next week.

Wiseblade

If that is the case (I hope it is)...goddamn Dragon is a motherfucking G. He don't do shit, he just sends his goons out to do what needs to be done.

Not to mention this would be quite the connection since this would be the second time Dragon is stopping Smoker's pursuit of Luffy. The first directly, the second indirectly.

I think it's a bit too early to be hyping praise onto Dragon. We still don't have any real idea what he really gets up to.

Big One

Banned
Dio Brando would win, if it wasn't close to bringing him to daylight. He's just too hax for the Sailor scouts.

One Piece

Seems the harpy girl is called Mone or Monet.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I'm drawing the ultimate manga battle of all time for my perspective class. Dio Brando vs the entire Sailor Squad.

Who will win????????

God's Beard
is now out of a job
(Today, 08:13 AM)

Seems so appropriate, hahaha.

Anyways, I read somewhere that it sometimes take a manga artist 1 to 2 hours just to draw a single frame of someone sitting in a chair. Amazing stuff. Can't even begin to imagine what kind of work the likes of Kishimoto or Oda has to pull off for their respective mangas.

Dio Brando would win, if it wasn't close to bringing him to daylight. He's just too hax for the Sailor scouts.

At the same time, if it's not daytime, the Moonlight Knight can come out.

HMMM

God's Beard
is now out of a job
(Today, 08:13 AM)

Seems so appropriate, hahaha.

Anyways, I read somewhere that it sometimes take a manga artist 1 to 2 hours just to draw a single frame of someone sitting in a chair. Amazing stuff. Can't even begin to imagine what kind of work the likes of Kishimoto or Oda has to pull off for their respective mangas.

I could see it for one of Kubo's weird big panels. Generally, you can do a few pages a day unless you're drawing Berserk or Vagabond. Cover spreads take a lot longer, though. Of course, a real painting can take months of work, depending on the style. An anime figure can be made in a week or two by a talented sculptor, whereas a genuine life-size bronze piece can take a year or more. Manga is a relatively quick art form by design.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dio Brando kills Jupiter, Mercury, Venus and Mars brutally. But during the final fight Sailor Moon discovers the secret behind his stand, then uses the full power of the silver crystal to freeze Dio Brando forever.

At some point Tuxedo Kamen appears to hit Dio with a rose before bailing out.

Dio Brando kills Jupiter, Mercury, Venus and Mars brutally. But during the final fight Sailor Moon discovers the secret behind his stand, then uses the full power of the silver crystal to freeze Dio Brando forever.

At some point Tuxedo Kamen appears to hit Dio with a rose before bailing out.

And what, Sailors Neptune and Uranus were too busy making out back at home to notice the Sailor Pager go off?

Big One

Banned
Man I recently ordered a year's worth of subscription of SJ Alpha and the quality of the picture is so unbelievably good. I did it for the YGO promos, but I was really surprised that the digital magazine was worth reading too. Check it out if you ever get a chance, GAF.

I figured, Itachi is way too boss to just run into a sword like that, even Edo Tensei'd. That's something Sauce would be dumb enough to fall for but not his brother. XD

Kusagari

This Naruto chapter sounds boring as shit for real though. Seems like Kabuto doesn't even do anything cool besides stab a clone.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I could see it for one of Kubo's weird big panels. Generally, you can do a few pages a day unless you're drawing Berserk or Vagabond. Cover spreads take a lot longer, though. Of course, a real painting can take months of work, depending on the style. An anime figure can be made in a week or two by a talented sculptor, whereas a genuine life-size bronze piece can take a year or more. Manga is a relatively quick art form by design.

Is that so? Hmmm. The impression I have is drawing even a page can be an arduous work that can take a day or so, but it seems like I am mistaken.

I doubt anyone here has any information about this, but does anyone know how many assistants each big 3 mangaka has? As the most popular ones I'm going to assume they have more assistants than the "lesser" mangakas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom