• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I was thinking about Bleach (even though I haven't read it in years) and it dawned on me

does Kon still even exist

For some reason I feel like Kubo mentioned him recently. Hm, I cant even recall him being in the fullbring arc in the anime, but he did have a semi major role in the previous filler arc.

Cwarrior

I blame you guyz for posting about harem/loi echi filth and crappy cliche romance mangas like the ones gunbo likes, now we've been Banished to the shadows.

gunbo13

Yeah it doesn't really matter to me in that respect. I just hope the thread doesn't die due to lack of activity.
This Wednesday will tell the story. The same crew posts Th-Tu so they would have to abandon ship themselves. But the Wed hit&runners may lose their way. We need somebody to hold up signs.

I wonder what manga threads would be eligible for OT though...

EDIT:
Goddammit Wiseblade.

This Wednesday will tell the story. The same crew posts Th-Tu so they would have to abandon ship themselves. But the Wed hit&runners may lose their way. We need somebody to hold up signs.

I wonder what manga threads would be eligible for OT though....

Why not just make a Weekly Shonen Jump OT, a Shonen Sunday OT,

gunbo13

I honestly don't think any manga has potential to have a thread in the OT and stay active. I mean even if we make one for the big 3, we are probably just gonna end up discussing them here anyway.
We could have a thread in OT called:
"I Hate the Manga OT community So I Post Here |OT|"

There, everyone can bitch about how crappy this thread is. The only twist is that we post in both threads. Keeps things fresh.
Not just this time.
I don't even post much smutgaf TBH if you check the thread.

Kreed

Wouldn't they just end up like this thread?

I honestly don't think any manga has potential to have a thread in the OT and stay active. I mean even if we make one for the big 3, we are probably just gonna end up discussing them here anyway.

AND those threads would just end up in community at some point anyway if they got big enough. There's no point in trying to make a OT manga thread unless it's actual news.

Tacitus_

Animegaf seems quite happy. We all salty.

Must be the byproducts from all that smut.

Anyway, on classier manga. Caught up with Berserk after a half year break. That allowed me to read...

Berserk 326 and 327

Dammit Miura, rip yourself off Idolmaster and make some more chapters for once :|

gunbo13

Actually I think I only finished one thing from that list of stuff you guys were reading.

It was
Ai Kora.
:(
Heh, I still find Ai Kora funny. It is just so damn silly.

Best way to change the bet system for multiple participants is to do a pool. You set a desired read length, say 20 volumes. Anybody who participates throws manga into the pool of that total desired length and the other people pick from it. The manga you want to read, you keep pocketed. Your pocketed read(s) + pool picks have to add up to the designated length picked. You obviously can't pick your own shit.

Like for example, I want to read 1/2 Prince again. I'm like 6 vols back. So if the bet is 20, I have to find 16 vols in the pool. So I take two manga = 20 vols and throw it in the pool. Then I pick from the others.

New Master Keaton chapters out!

Master Keaton 7-8

Haha Keaton father is a goddamn pimp, sadly this is the only trait he didnt get from his father.

gunbo13

Well Glass Rebel, flawfuls, survivor (who has to participate and has no say), and myself means a pretty good sized pool to start. If anybody else is interested, it gets even better. You could have a pool of a lot of recommends and you pick what sounds good. You also make yourself read that manga you have wanted to. Made me finish Lucifer BH and read Punpun on survivor's forced read.

Can't really do force reads though with a pool. But you can sort of do side-bets. Like I'm putting X read into the pool, read it and I'll read manga Y. You should curse though when you do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom