• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 133

Whoa, that chapter went better than I expected. Also is that the first time she used kun for Souma? She's really shaken.

It's also nice seeing Hisako's face light up when seeing Souma. They're pretty good friends.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can you even eat fondant?

It's edible, but its not very good. Even that awful Ace of Cakes guys was pretty adamant you shouldn't really eat it. Its basically marshmallows with way more thickener.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think we had that, no? Burger battle between Curry and Traditional Chinese Medicine.

I thought the whole fast food theme of the elections was going to get some kind of payoff like "These dishes will be used in an upcoming Tootsuki sponsored fast food venture" but nope. Nothing of the sort.

That's kind of lame.

I mean "expensive food" is a classification based on prices, not on region, style, ingredient type, or anything. You can have expensive fish and cheap fish. You can have expensive apples and cheap apples. Classification by price doesn't really seem like a cooking specialty.

If that is her cooking style then I agree that it is lame but also kinda odd since her Father was just ranting about people thinking expensive food and using expensive ingredients is consider "good cuisine" and that these rich people ruined shit

that and real cuisine should only be eaten by those who can comprehend it rather then regular people who won't really know the art behind it

Haly

I think she also cares about technique and whatnot. As long as it's garishly extravagant in some area it has her approval.

And if we're talking cuisines who like to tinker with food the most it'd be French, which is consistent with her "regal" theme. And Japanese as well, since Japan loves fancy ingredients.

jr2PG2L.png

He basically was jabbing at that Meat girl... well at least her former self

Numb

I wonder if they will ever make Soma themed restaurant with all the recipes of the manga...

Some ideas are too obvious but also hard to pull off.
If i don't turn into a monkey or get magical girl clothes out of nowhere due to how delicious the food is then what is the point.
Tentacles and tomatoe princes aswell.

jbug617

Banned
Soma 133

Erina's father is an asshole. The thing is it should be Soma's father that should deal with him and I hope it's not Soma. Soma already involved with Kuga and the other elites.

Quasar

Domestic na Kanojo 63 - and so the Hina/Natsuo train crashes. i guess we got at least one nice date before the drama.

bobohoro

Domestic Na Kanojo 63

What is it with these chapters with the obviously fake happy mood build-up to a, at least for Natsuo, shocking revelation? And of course Hina didn't talk things over with him, again. Dope girlfriend you got there.

And I can't be the only one, that for a moment, thought Natsuo would get run over by a truck on that parting panel. :O

Quasar

Domestic Na Kanojo 63

What is it with these chapters with the obviously fake happy mood build-up to a, at least for Natsuo, shocking revelation? And of course Hina didn't talk things over with him, again. Dope girlfriend you got there.

And I can't be the only one, that for a moment, thought Natsuo would get run over by a truck on that parting panel. :O

It is unfortunate that she decided to shield him rather than discuss the whole thing with whose supposed to be her partner. But then that would ruin the surprise structure.

Sai

So, I just started Hinamatsuri, and I'm not feeling it just yet. Attempts at humor have been kinda falling flat.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I went to Kinokuniya in NYC today. So much manga. A giant Japanese section of manga, figures, big ol English section, box sets and a small Japanese cafe. It was pretty dope. Check it out if you're in the area!

I went to Kinokuniya in NYC today. So much manga. A giant Japanese section of manga, figures, big ol English section, box sets and a small Japanese cafe. It was pretty dope. Check it out if you're in the area!

Went to the San Fransisco one, though I've passed by the NYC one multiple times during my many trips into the city (since I live above it). Need to one day remember to go in, also visit Nintendo World.

Haly

Kinokuniya is pretty good for artbooks. They get the newest popular releases and it's just upstairs past the elevator and Inoue's wall-painting. You dodge the heftier import fee and shoddy P&H than if you buy from Play-asia/Yes-asia. Selection is smaller though. Their stationary in the basement is also great. My go-to for holiday greeting cards.

I don't care much for the merch or anime.

(Nintendo World is very boring but good for merch and games that might be sold out elsewhere. I still need to pick up some Yarnshi amiibos.)

I was going to Kino mostly for artbooks before until I realized it's generally cheaper to get them off Amazon.jp ~_~

I still like going there for blind box despair and magazines

Numb

Dolly Kill Kill 1-53

Shit really hits the fan quick.

Yes enemies look cute but they don't fuck around with the murderings.
Love these mangas where the protag tries to channel shounen powers of friendship and plot armor.
Giving you hope for a sec before you realize it's seinen. Love gore.

Nordicus

Looking for a Father 39

First she got hot and bothered by her stepdad gently touching her foot, then the next moment she's allowing him to date the teacher he likes?

Sure, let's bottle those feelings up some more.

Revo

B Group no Shounen 1

Guy just wants to have a normal school life, but is totally cool, athletic, attractive, and smart. Saves school idol from bullies, gets her attention, now his school life might not go as planned.

alright first chapter

Usobuko

Banned
So, I just started Hinamatsuri, and I'm not feeling it just yet. Attempts at humor have been kinda falling flat.

First 5 chapters?

Once you hit double digits chapter and still feel the same, then I think it's probably not your cup of tea.

Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet 06-07

takes a secret job a a host, gets discovered in the very same chapter, lol

these arcs don't last long

OPM adaptation looks really promising. I just hope isnt the same case where only the first episode has some insane budget to hook viewers.

Noragami 58

A cat is a more popular god than Yato lmao.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah I can see that happening. Soma is going to be like "who the fuck is this shit" and sit with Azami. They will then talk (with Soma shit-talking) until Azami like "you are a piece of shit and I am going to prove that". Then cue Azami kicking Soma ass and yada yada yada.

I am also going to bet that Azami realizes that Soma is Joichiro son after leaving of Erina restaurant.

It's probably time for the reveal, it'd be kind of dumb if they kept stringing it along. Soma is going to very harshly remind Azami of Joichiro. Since I think Azami is very scarred for life due to Joichiro, he's going to scream it out as Erina is bringing out the food.

Or something.

Didn't know the shared moms thing was a "popular" theory. I just thought it'd be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom