• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other interesting question is where are all the folks who knew about Ito but has zero presence here. Have we gone too far with smut !?

Ha ha ha ha.

Never.

Assassination Classroom 157

Oh here we gooooo. After a disappointing end to the last arc and a sorta nonsensical decision to have Nagisa want to be a teacher, we're finally entering something good. I knew "God of Death" would be back and now with the history revealed between him and Shiro and Sensei, this fight has a lot more meaning and weight.

Ooooooh man is it gonna be a rough battle.

Youkai Shoujo Monsuga 55

And series undropped! Excellent! Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt. Also, MC is starting to get a badass streak. When he gets mad and gets that look in his eyes "Do you think you can stop me?" Damn yo, he got some balls on him.

Tomo-chan 159

FUCK ALREADY

Mahou Shoujo Site 28

Uhhhhhhh...I...assume they're not going to die. I...think? Where's Cuts-Herself-Chan? That's pretty much their only out.

Yet again annoyed that they showed like 2 full pages of shoujos last chapter and killed...well, all of them in that one and this one. Dammit some of them looked real cool. Fucking hate that shit. Shitty administrators.

Arachnid 55

For a manga that generally makes as little sense as possible, this makes no fucking sense and is a dumb as hell twist. What the fuck.

ib 17

Quit playing games with my heart~

This manga is like a visual dick punch every chapter. If my dick was full of emotions. Which it is.

Karakuri Circus 191

Jesus fucking Christ Lucille. These two chapters must've been written by someone else because this was some fucking intense and incredible writing. Man, her plan and what she did to accomplish it and how she succeeded just...man. Cold-blooded and heartless.

Droplet

Trying to get back into Manga and I have something in particular people could help me find; I'm looking for stories where the main protagonist ultimately ends up with someone other than the other main guy/girl.

I guess this doesn't really count because there was no main girl, but The World God Only Knows.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
It's the same for the other recent manga related thread in OT.

The other interesting question is where are all the folks who knew about Ito but has zero presence here. Have we gone too far with smut !?

Notice most of those posts are dudes saying they hate Konami or something without any mention of Ito at all.

Honestly I'm not sure if either Del Toro or Ito's monster designs or styles would be a good fit for Silent Hill. Of course they would easily be better then most of Homecoming and all of Downpour but I'm not sure if they could match 2 or 3. Kojima is kind of the same, after the hospital section in MGS V and to a lesser extent the Devil's House section he also would have been able to make something better then Homecoming or Downpour because at least the Hospital section although bad gameplay wise had great direction and sound direction and sound direction is one of the most important aspects of horror. P.T. had amazing sound direction, but I was always unconvinced that that style of game would produce a good Silent Hill game regardless of how terrifying it was.

Oh well, Silent Hill is dead anyway. I would have easily given Silent Hills benefit of the doubt over what the series had been over the years aside from Shattered Memories. The Silent Hill 2/3 successor will probably never happen anyway.

Umibozu

Ichigo 100% because it was decided via fan votes.
So the fans actually made the right choice in the end for once. Also I was going to suggest this, but didn't know if it counted because it wasn't clear who was the main girl.

Like 10+ people got banned in the Street Fighter V Roster thread because scans of an Udon comic were being passed around like candy. But yeah I guess I'd agree its a policy applied unevenly. I figure the Mods haven't noticed or don't care because its done more for the sake of educating people than trying to avoid supporting artists? I dunno.
I just checked the ito thread and it seems they deleted the respective posts

Crocodile

Most people don't even think of that as being against the rules outside of the anime/manga ots

Like 10+ people got banned in the Street Fighter V Roster thread because scans of an Udon comic were being passed around like candy. But yeah I guess I'd agree its a policy applied unevenly. I figure the Mods haven't noticed or don't care because its done more for the sake of educating people than trying to avoid supporting artists? I dunno.

Probably because most people don't see anime/manga scanlation as piracy due to the limited amount of exposure and series available for decades. That's changing now with CR being popular but the mindset is still there. That's not unique to those two industries at all though.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wow, totally didn't know that, best ending ever! This was the manga that spurned my wanting of more endings like it. I started reading it like 8 years ago and recently revisited the ending chapters and still found it just as riveting as the first time I read through it.
Is there a source?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll check them out.

Wow, totally didn't know that, best ending ever! This was the manga that spurned my wanting of more endings like it. I started reading it like 8 years ago and recently revisited the ending chapters and still found it just as riveting as the first time I read through it.
Is there a source?

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll check them out.

I heard it from neogaf but upon looking it up I see it mentioned on a few other forums as well. Anyways I wholeheartedly disagree with the girl chosen. Voting system is not a good way to decide an ending.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Onani Master Kurosawa didn't end with 'main girl', depending on how you look at it.

Aku no Hana as well.

dumbyugi

Is there a source?

I don't think it's ever actually been outright said that the character popularity was the reason but it's fairly obvious. The author had originally planned for Manaka to end up with Toujou at the end of the middle school part but by the time the high school part started Nishino was more popular. The better character won in my opinion.

Crocodile

Read Prison School in advance for when Hana wins.

I'm not normally into shipping nonsense (for example I couldn't give two shits about Katara and Aang/Zuko for the original Avatar and the shipping in Korra did a number on the quality of that series even if the ending was sweet as hell) but if Kiyoshi and Hana don't hook up at the end I might riot.

EDIT: LOL I just remembered the clusterfuck that was Naruto shipping. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

orochi91

I'm not normally into shipping nonsense (for example I couldn't give two shits about Katara and Aang/Zuko for the original Avatar and the shipping in Korra did a number on the quality of that series even if the ending was sweet as hell) but if Kiyoshi and Hana don't hook up at the end I might riot.

EDIT: LOL I just remembered the clusterfuck that was Naruto shipping. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

It better happen. Hana and Kiyoshi are great together.

Might as well start rioting.

Rarely does the second girl ever win in Manga/Anime, like, it's extremely rare lol

Hana won't ever beat Chiyo, as Kiyoshi is too dense to even notice how she feels.

Zephyx

Soma 136
They're pretty much setting up Soma being some kind of hero here. I think he'll refuse (indirectly) but provide a supporting role or work behind the scenes instead of saving her outright.

Also, what is with this manga having its males change their surname out of convenience? They did it with Soma's dad and they're doing it with Erina's dad. At this point, you believe there is some kind of connection between these two as to why Azami is the way he is and why Jouichiro left the academy and somehow became Erina's chef for a while. I was expecting a Soma's dad backstory but it seems everything in the past is tied to it so they're keeping it under wraps.

Anyway, we seem to be heading for an Erina arc so the past Elite 10 backstory can wait.

Hopeing this arc results in Erina finally finding out that Soma is Jo's son. ;)

I don't think it will happen in this arc but I'm guessing at the end of this, Erina will see Soma in a better light or she gets a hint on how similar Soma's cooking is with his dad.

It better happen. Hana and Kiyoshi are great together.

They're great together but we all know they won't pair up in the end since Kiyoshi is too dense to take a hint and Chiyo's still in the way.

Might as well start rioting.

Rarely does the second girl ever win in Manga/Anime, like, it's extremely rare lol

Hana won't ever beat Chiyo, as Kiyoshi is too dense to even notice how she feels.

But... Hana is the first girl and Chiyo the second girl.

Just count the number of chapters where Hana and Kiyoshi intereract. Hana appears much more than Chiyo. In fact, for great lengths of the manga Chiyo was a secondary character, just a distant goal to get some day.

Westlo

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! 159

Jun getting mouthful of Tomo's hopes and dreams.

lol, no it wasn't.

The mangaka did say she would've ended it differently if it had ended after a few volumes.... but since it became 16+ volumes long and one relationship was actually developed compared to the other one being a Onodera... (would've won by confessing anytime in the first 90%....) it was no surprise who won that... that she was the most popular character was just icing on the cake.

But... Hana is the first girl and Chiyo the second girl.

Just count the number of chapters where Hana and Kiyoshi intereract. Hana appears much more than Chiyo. In fact, for great lengths of the manga Chiyo was a secondary character, just a distant goal to get some day.

Yep, even Mari had way more scenes together with Kiyoshi in the second arc than Chiyo ever will in the entire manga... will riot if Chiyo wins.

bobohoro

Ichigo 100% got it right. Doesn't matter if fan-voted or made up as the series grew too big.

Youkai Shoujo 55

The one time you're glad an author makes up an illogical plot twist. I mean, even if feigning death is rather common with some insects, those absence scanners could have detected something. But don't dwell, all is well.
Junk-san being badass, then weak, then glad was also a nice turn of events.

Assassination Classroom 155

Forgot that there is still some loose plot threads. I suspect some drama in the future.

Zweizer

Banned
Trying to get back into Manga and I have something in particular people could help me find; I'm looking for stories where the main protagonist ultimately ends up with someone other than the other main guy/girl.

On top of others' recommendations, I'd say Genshiken qualifes as well.

It's the same for the other recent manga related thread in OT.

A lot of people aren't that invested into manga to go as far as participating in an OT I suppose.

Zweizer

Banned
Joshikausei ch36-37

Hurray for water~

bVyuTMt.jpg

Dat thirst.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Negima ~15

Shota-con comedy zzz when does this get good?

Negima 16

Naturally it gets good when Eva makes her first appearance

Like 100 chapters in

I personally found Negima really funny though so *shrug*

Zweizer

Banned
Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch20

One does not simply just take a maid away.

Hatarakanai Futari ch65.1

Eh, close enough, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom