• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umibe no Étranger 3 - 4 [END]
CQEoGcfWsAAe28J.png

CQEoHMvWcAAbfYA.png

Great BL manga. Loved how they came together at the end and the very thrilling and exciting chapter fill with drama filled with passion and sprinkled with a bit of comedy here and there. The character design and simple yet highly focused story is what will keep this as a manga to return to every year for me. It was just perfect in everything.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Three girls fighting over main loser guy, sounds like Seo.

...is what I would say if he weren't the lead singer/songwriter of a rock band. I'm surprised he doesn't have more ladies. That "sad over my dead girlfriend" act probably pulls in the ladies like you wouldn't believe.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuuka

...is what I would say if he weren't the lead singer/songwriter of a rock band. I'm surprised he doesn't have more ladies. That "sad over my dead girlfriend" act probably pulls in the ladies like you wouldn't believe.

He should be swimming in girls to tell the truth.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Murcielago 27.5-30
Watch as the F2P game become real in the future...
Another psychopath, another job for Kuroko.

Dead Dead Demon Dedededestruction 23

Ontan is the cutest and sweetest girl. Vote Ontan for prime minister, let's start the marshmallow revolution. There's political stuff too, but who cares!?

Shengar

Kentucky Fried Seregios.
As long as it's not cutting my tongue.
Lagombi, they seem to be so fluffy.
I forgot about Lagombi. Those extra fat might make them even more delicious.
Keijo ch51

Where to begin...

Amazing.
Classic Zweizer
Fuuka

He should be swimming in girls to tell the truth.

The first time I see comments where a male MC doesn't have enough girls.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The first time I see comments where a male MC doesn't have enough girls.

MC is the writer/songwriter for an up-and-coming rock band that's being pushed by a huge pop star + another really popular rock band. The original lead singer was his girlfriend, who died and now he's all angsty about it. That shit would get you a ton of chicks in real life. I've hung around random local bands that have no real talent or prospects, and they get tons of girls (and groupies, really) already. The band in this manga is supposed to be actual good.

It's one of the few situations where people in real life plausibly can have harems.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
MC is the writer/songwriter for an up-and-coming rock band that's being pushed by a huge pop star + another really popular rock band. The original lead singer was his girlfriend, who died and now he's all angsty about it. That shit would get you a ton of chicks in real life. I've hung around random local bands that have no real talent or prospects, and they get tons of girls (and groupies, really) already. The band in this manga is supposed to be actual good.

It's one of the few situations where people in real life plausibly can have harems.

Yea, the guy should be having girls throw themselves at him left and right.

Angry Grimace

Yea, the guy should be having girls throw themselves at him left and right.

It's really only one girl, Koyuki, aka "Doomed Girl."

The band manager doesn't seem to care, Iwami's too tsundere to do anything, Fuuka2 hasn't really done anything to indicate she's interested outside of hanging around him all the time (which most people would probably interpret that way).

Unless there's a third Fuuka coming, I can only imagine that Fuuka's probably going to both join the band and hook up with MC.

Sometimes I read Keijo and I'm just like "Okay" and that's the only reaction I can really have to it.

Murcielago 27.5-30

I really like this manga. It is super fucked up and SUPER violent and brutal but I think it works for it. Maybe cause the MC is so unique and great and the supporting characters are wonderful too. And the villains are often so strange and out there. It's just very unique.

I hate that I find the MC so attractive because I think that says a lot about my taste in women. =/

Hey guys you know what would be a crazy theory for Soma?

If Erina and Soma are related... I mean from that photo panel we can see that Soma's Mom had light hair of some sort and that Soma's dad is heavily connected to Erina's past...

Then there is that scar Soma has and....

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
We need to go crazier. How about Azami is both Soma and Erina's father???

We need to go crazier. How about Azami is both Soma and Erina's father???

That they're twins and their mother loved Jōichirō

or better yet.... what if Jōichirō had a affair with their mother while Azami didn't know and then eloped leaving Erina behind

Angry Grimace

Obvious answer. Separated twins and Joichiro stole Soma from the crib.

Soma needs to look deep into his feelings (which he hides from everyone else)

He'll know it to be true
and before he loses his knife cutting hand
Obvious answer. Separated twins and Joichiro stole Soma from the crib.

Joichiro took what was rightfully his.... Erina is next... for the greater good

Azami can't be trusted

Angry Grimace

The other stupid part in Fuuka is where they're this up-and-coming rock band that clearly is building a pretty big audience with some important backers and they're still acting like this contract is a big burden on them despite the fact that the contract just cuts them if they don't fill the club. Except they would get signed immediately by someone else.

God anything is the force.... Hayama has the force too (his nose) alas he is no Jedi yet

Azami though will show him the dark side

Azami will gather 13 darkness and 7 lights to Shokugeki and create the χ-Tongue, the only thing that can open the path to Kingdom Foodgasm.

"Erina and another on your list belong to me now."

Angry Grimace

Fuuka 79

I can't really see this going well. Seeing Aoi as Fuuka and all right now.

He's gonna fuck it up for about 100 chapters. Then they'll bone. It's Seo.

If Seo's feeling frisky, he'll pull a GE and have him bang Koyuki and then cruelly dump her.

Angry Grimace

Negima ~43

Kiss girls to make clow cards of them which they can use to get magic items to fight shonen battles? This is pretty sweet

Did it really take until Chapter 43 for the Pactio's to come up?

Did it really take until Chapter 43 for the Pactio's to come up?

No, it took me till chapter 43 to stop marathoning to comment lol Asuna getting a card happens like chapter 20ish during the battle with Eva, however Honda getting her card and them helping in the battle with wolf boy happens a ways after that. In the story I just got past the second sword chick vs evil sword chick where people think its a stage show.

Sometimes Mellow
Fanservice done right.

Ok, ok, I will give you the good stuff.

A single volume with 8 stories, mostly little possible romances and sudden spark between man and woman, or some upbeat short story. From the author of "Is Reiroukan Still Alive?". Great drawing, very sensual women. It seems the author knows his forté is the drawing, and sometimes the dialogue is almost mute.
From the eight stories, I would say five are good, so overall decent but it could have been better.

Umibozu

Sometimes Mellow

Fanservice done right.

Ok, ok, I will give you the good stuff.

A single volume with 8 stories, mostly little possible romances and sudden spark between man and woman, or some upbeat short story. From the author of "Is Reiroukan Still Alive?". Great drawing, very sensual women. It seems the author knows his forté is the drawing, and sometimes the dialogue is almost mute.
From the eight stories, I would say five are good, so overall decent but it could have been better.
What's funny is that I recognised the artist from the art in the third cell/frame.
I read this a while back, I don't remember the stories too well but I remember enjoying them.
One of my favourite artists. Beyond that I like the artstyle, I like that the author gives the female characters a strength and independence that I normally don't see in the manga I've read.

Gisele Alain

So read this because of the most decidedly French name and the premise given. Really liked the art and the two lead characters, Gisele herself is like a younger cooler Haruhi in her pursuit of fun. Pretty lighthearted and fun...

Until of course the mangaka couldn't resist being a Japanese stereotype and decides the third effin' chapter should include
a 20-something year old cabaret dancer whisking Gisele (who several people comment is underage) off to the Red Light District with not nearly enough complaints from the people around her, strips naked, lapdances for her with her boobs in this kid's face and kisses her at the end of it causing her to go faint from "too much stimulation". :/

Wanted to like the series too, but if they're randomly gonna throw stuff like that in I'm not taking my chances. Any of you folks that don't care about lewd might want to check it out though because it seemed good beyond that.

Angry Grimace

Yamada and the Seven

The only reason I can fathom why Yoshikawa returned to ANOTHER mind wipe arc must be that she was mind wiped herself and forgot this already fucking happened.

It's so weird to me that I was such an enormous Yankee-kun to Megane-chan fan and that I never even HEARD of Yamada and the Seven Witches until recently and was going to start reading it; then I read people's reactions to it and remembered how Yankee-kun ended and suddenly I'm not so gung ho anymore.

Where Satans Fear to Tread 6+7

Welp.

I'm in love.

That haircut, holy shit I adore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom