• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puchim@su! 82

ATqfQ6l.png

The Heihachi water slide will be a great hit!

sandy1297

Speaking of which, what is a good example of a manga/anime where the male and female leads are pretty much on even footing throughout?

Keijo
all the females are on even footing, most of the time
except when they are getting butt/boobs whacked into the swimming pool

as for Soma, the anime opening having Erina as Athena and Soma as Seiya make senses now

Busaiku

Has anyone else been having a problem with As The Gods Will on Crunchyroll lately?
Like for the last month, there've been so many pages not loading.
This is on my Note 3 though, it's probably ok on PC, but I can't read on PC.

Usobuko

Banned
Has anyone else been having a problem with As The Gods Will on Crunchyroll lately?
Like for the last month, there've been so many pages not loading.
This is on my Note 3 though, it's probably ok on PC, but I can't read on PC.

Yes.

The last chapter, page 12 wasn't loading either. Are you a CR member?

dumbyugi

Yuru Yuru END

This was a nice light read. Short full colour chapters and fun characters. It wasn't anything super memorable but I enjoyed reading it. Another volume to tie up a couple of plot points would have been nice but it's not the type of series where there was really any story so it's not a big deal. I hope the author does another slice of life series some day. 7/10

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Keijo 51
I have no words to describe the ridiculousness of this chapter. Shoryuppai, Ass vibrator...

Dagashi Kashi 22

Indirect kiss and Hotaru in Pajama.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
On the 1-10, how lewd Dagashi Kashi is?

1, very low on ecchi, they even censor panty shot.

Tenohira Size 1-3

All them feel. A manga about a divorced mother raising her 3 daughter. Bittersweet at a time, funny, and heartwarming.

Toilet ga hanako-san

Huh...only reason i'm not that shocked is because i just read a parody of Kuso Miso technique x Yuri Kuma Arashi... now that one feature a real human toilet.

Hope 1-21 END

I really enjoyed Suenobu's Life so when I found out Hope was completely finished I dove into it. It was a nice read and as with life the drama just kind of goes off the rails into the deep end unexpectedly. It's also odd how none of the supporting characters really stick throughout the story. The pacing is fast, and the ending is ok. I think what this lacks most is closure with every character except Hikari. Definitely worth checking out if you like the author but it's no where near the level of Life.

Revo

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 14

i guess saving her/defeating that thing will count as a win for him->her into harem

Sai

Tsugumomo 80-82 raw

Kazuya and Kanaka ruin everything.

And I never noticed before that one of the black obi girls was wearing the dress Kanaka had as a child.

bobohoro

Yamada-kun don'tevenknowwhichchapterbecausetheyallfeelthesame

Uh, yeah. That could have happened 40 chapters and two mindwipes ago.
And will probably happen in another 30 chapters.
Again.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 20-34

Akane is great, makes for the most hilarious panels with her staredowns against Youko.
Everything else is still average but entertaining. Father vampire was adorable.

Zweizer

Banned
Toilet ga Hanako-san (One-shot) by Kawano Yuusuke

I've read way worse in way less safe for work materials, so this one was pretty funny and light-hearted in comparison (but I'd like that they'd diversify the models a bit.)

That was funnier than it should be.

upandaway

Hayate

Hey look at that, things look like they're really moving towards Hayate paying off the debt. I wouldn't mind, since I also think he'll continue being a butler.

The "can't have a girlfriend" excuse though will become a lot more flimsy if he's being a butler outside of his debt, though

upandaway

Yotsuba

Yotsuba at its best. I really do need chapters to come quicker.

The Jobless Siblings 26

MBtdD4K.png

Haha, I would have probably said earth dragon too. Haven't seen 'mole' in kanji yet so I would have no clue.

Nordicus

Yesterday wo Utatte 91-96

The story of flakey flake Shinako-chan! Rikuo's ex-girlfriend talks to both Rikuo and Shinako (separately) about their relationship, and while in most cases you could say that she's stirring shit up, I'd say in this case she gives both people a reality check they really need. Rikuo is goddamn trapped in this relationship. Both working adults, and have been dating for half a year, but they haven't even kissed yet (to even speak of any other kind of intimacy) because Shinako sheepishly backs off whenever Rikuo attempts it, no matter how gently. She herself finally figures out that this behaviour might be weird when she gets mildly jealous from Rikuo keeping his ex's visit a secret.
There might have still been remaining emotional trauma from her long-time ex's death after all this time, and perhaps she is unable to get intimate because of that, but lately it has become clear even to Rikuo that in Shinako's heart, her ex's little brother takes clear priority over her patient and concerned boyfriend. Maybe she can slowly stop denying it and finally free Rikuo from her web now that she started tearing up after hearing Rou has a lover!?
Rikuo had to wait when Shinako had a lover, Rikuo had to wait when Shinako became single again and he made clear that he was interested in her, and now Rikuo has been waiting while in a relationship already. BREAK UP ALREADY! I've never been so frustrated at a character before. At least now there are developments in several other relationships so things have to change soon!
It's easy to be mad at Rikuo for not handling loose ends when you're not aware of how much Shinako leads people on.

Negima ~52

So thanks to future knowledge I know this white haired boy is Fate and that he will eventually become the main antagonist of the series. Its nice to go back and see the beginning of his Negi obsession that was shown in UQ Holder. Did they ever show off what Setsuna's pacto item was or did she just get a general power boost?

The ecchi never goes away, but thankfully the story and action now make up for it if Negima keeps this up it'll really be a fun ride.

Arabesque

Did they ever show off what Setsuna's pacto item was or did she just get a general power boost?

Her pacto with Negi? Yeah they show what it is/does later on. I think it's one of the most used pacto items in the series actually.

Seeing how Fate was introduced and eventually how he ends up becoming a major force in the series is pretty fascinating, if only because he's really shown to be so dispassionate at first and ends up becoming
very hot headed
at the end till you see how he ends up by the end of the series.

Nordicus

How is it, in general? I saw the other day that it's only one volume away to completion.

I have it on my 'queue', as I liked some of the previous works of the author, but I was waiting until it's finished.
It's alright, but things got really irritating once every character started chasing people they can't get. At first it was simple and fun, just this cheerful childish girl with a crow pet trying to approach a guy working at retail who was having none of it, but now it's a fucking love heptagon

College model - Rou - Shinako - Rikuo - Haru - Glasses guy - Glasses guy's childhood friend from the country.

I'd say wait until it's actually finished

It's alright, but things got really irritating once every character started chasing people they can't get. At first it was simple and fun, just this cheerful childish girl with a crow pet trying to approach a guy working at retail who was having none of it, but now it's a fucking love heptagon

College model - Rou - Shinako - Rikuo - Haru - Glasses guy - Glasses guy's childhood friend from the country.

Uh. Now that I think about it, what I like more of the author are her intimate stories, where there are two protagonists, and maybe a pair of secondaries; so this seems a change, and not for the better, falling down in shojo tropes that lengthen the story (her other stories are shorter, too).

elyetis

Got the vol.10 few days ago but I have yet to read it, what you describe is pretty much why I am in no rush to read it.

Nordicus

Uh. Now that I think about it, what I like more of the author are her intimate stories, where there are two protagonists, and maybe a pair of secondaries; so this seems a change, and not for the better, falling down in shojo tropes that lengthen the story (her other stories are shorter, too).
I remember liking Hitsuji no Uta a lot, and that was 40+ chapters.

Got the vol.10 few days ago but I have yet to read it, what you describe is pretty much why I am in no rush to read it.
In the latter half of vol. 10 something might actually happen, since it's chapters 91-100 afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom