• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece ch802

Crazy crew, crazy warlord, crazy island. Looking good. Hopefully Zou won't be as much of a mess as Dressrossa was.

It can't be, Dressrossa was maximum mess. Nowhere to go but up from here.

Speaking of which, does anybody else wish we'd gotten one smaller arc before hopping back into the main plot? Something to just underscore how nuts these new world islands could be?

Zweizer

Banned
A miracle that Youko's parents survived school with her before. Genjirou's unknowingly coming back for seconds

And now we've got the second generation that'll probably suffer the same fate!

Speaking of which, does anybody else wish we'd gotten one smaller arc before hopping back into the main plot? Something to just underscore how nuts these new world islands could be?

Yeah, something like Jaya would be very nice. Hopefully Zou might fulfill that role.

Peco

2FTMYY7.png

What are the books planned for the Japanese "Culture" edition?
Can I recommend some?

Mikake no Nijuusei Chapter 1-2

ok, this is pretty funny.

If you are interested, my next ones will be:

NASA, from Naoki Urasawa (Monster, 20th CB, Pluto).
Nanairo Sekai, from Mizu Sahara/ Sumomo Yumeka (Bus Hashiru, My Girl, Sukima Shiki,Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan).
Momonchi, from Kei Toume (Lament of the Lamb, The Hour of the Mice, Sing Yesterday for Me).
Koohii Jikan, from Tetsuya Toyoda (Undercurrent).

A good selection, I think.

Usobuko

Banned
If you are interested, my next ones will be:

NASA, from Naoki Urasawa (Monster, 20th CB, Pluto).
Nanairo Sekai, from Mizu Sahara/ Sumomo Yumeka (Bus Hashiru, My Girl, Sukima Shiki,Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan).
Momonchi, from Kei Toume (Lament of the Lamb, The Hour of the Mice, Sing Yesterday for Me).
Koohii Jikan, from Tetsuya Toyoda (Undercurrent).

A good selection, I think.

Ah, I remember you read way more Kei Toume's stuff than me. I was the one that asked for recommendations a long time back. My next pick from her would be Acony before I tackle the meatier Yesterday wo Utatte.

You could also try Goggle by Tetsuya Toyoda too, it's a one volume short stories compilation too.

Bleach

I had to read all that... I didn't want to

Toriko

The protag getting wrecked it now common place... dude never wins

OP

Weather is nice (not super crazy) reminded me of Area 8s sea in a timid way... lol at Bartolemeo's crew and even more lol at WhiteBeard Jr. and how he looks but lastly LMAO at Law calling Ussop by his new nickname

LeleSocho

Banned
Akai Mi Hajiketa 9-10
Why is this manga so good? Chapter 9 was particularly nice.

Amanchu! 39
Those suit's design is complex to understand, i need colors!
Also poses.

One Piece 802
We Toriko now

Toriko 341
I like the deer a lot but i hoped for some Terry&co. action :(

Hatarakanai Futari 69-71
Math is hard

So did you guys see Oda's answer to all the OP StrawHat Crews real world nationality?
http://kotaku.com/the-real-world-nationalities-of-one-piece-characters-1729134030

Kinda old but this is the first time I saw it

• Luffy (Brazil)
  • Zoro (Japan)
  • Nami (Sweden)
  • Usopp (Africa)
  • Sanji (France)
  • Chopper (Canada)
  • Robin (Russia)
  • Franky (America)
  • Brook (Austria)

I wanted to always say that Luffy would be from the Caribbean but alas he is from Brazil
Lol at only Usopp being not from a specific country but a whole entire continent

So did you guys see Oda's answer to all the OP StrawHat Crews real world nationality?
http://kotaku.com/the-real-world-nationalities-of-one-piece-characters-1729134030

Kinda old but this is the first time I saw it

• Luffy (Brazil)
  • Zoro (Japan)
  • Nami (Sweden)
  • Usopp (Africa)
  • Sanji (France)
  • Chopper (Canada)
  • Robin (Russia)
  • Franky (America)
  • Brook (Austria)

I wanted to always say that Luffy would be from the Caribbean but alas he is from Brazil
Lol at only Usopp being not from a specific country but a whole entire continent

Makes Usopp's lips a little bit creepy...

Ah, I remember you read way more Kei Toume's stuff than me. I was the one that asked for recommendations a long time back. My next pick from her would be Acony before I tackle the meatier Yesterday wo Utatte.

You could also try Goggle by Tetsuya Toyoda too, it's a one volume short stories compilation too.

Yes, yes, Goggle, I know it exists. I have it marked, see? :)
LjfvlAr.png

In fact, file modification dates on my computer say that I have it since March'14. So at some point I saw somewhere a page of it or a summary and the cover and said to myself it was of my style and had to read it some day. It seems I was right.

If I have to be honest, I don't think Kei Toume is good enough to be 100% sure that this comic of hers is going to be good, but it's a single volume, so I suppose I will check by myself.

Usobuko

Banned
Tsumi to Batsu Chapter 23

Re-reading this to the part where I left off, what differs this from other psychological thrillers is the gravity of a human's life, or so it seems from the MC perspective. As a reader, I am transported right into his mental state and witness his futile struggle with his moral compass.

For fans of God's Child and Himizu, don't pass this up.

Revo

One Piece 802

can't be worse than dressrosa, i suppose
at least location is cool

Bleach 645

his fights have always been w/e

Jump #45 Rankings

One Piece (Cover and Lead Color Page)
1.Boku no Hero Academia
2.Assassination Classroom
3.Hinomaru Zumou
Nisekoi (Color Page + Special Chapter)
4.Shokugeki no Souma
Samon-kun wa Summoner
5.Haikyuu!!
Black Clover (Color Page)
Mononofu
6.Sesuji wo Pin! to
7.Bleach
8.Toriko
9.PSI Kusuo Saiki
10.World Trigger
11.Kochikame
One Shot
12.Best Blue
13.Kagamigami
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Absent: Gintama

really rip swimming and psyren's thing

nice to see DANCE raise back up!

upandaway

One Piece

Whew! New adventures. Giant elephants are really popular in Jump manga for some reason. Can't believe something as silly as Whitebeer is so strong though, geez. If he's gonna join in for the arc then we're in for the long haul again (was hoping for a shorter mini-arc)

I don't feel this way often but this chapter definitely felt a bit too packed. It could have used a couple less speech bubbles.

Bleach 645

zzzzz

One Piece 802

Well if there is a fake son of Whitebeard, there's probably a real one.

Minks huh? Remember seeing them on the slave ledger.

3UAB1Q8.jpg

Shengar

P. sure that's just Discworld.

(and it's 4 elephants)

No, that's sort of real. I believe it's a misattributed aspect of Hinduism but it's appeared in many other works.

What MPR said. I can't exactly remember it but it is an actual mythology from a part Asia.
It's pretty telling that it gonna be the case considering Law and Robin said the elephant is moving whilst is just looks like standing still.

Oh wow, I didn't look at the price. How are there costume packs more expensive than the game.

that's the business model

sell the game pretty cheaply, price out the costume dlc

mind you, there is a lot of costumes already in the game itself and this is just stuff that fans have asked and keep buying so they keep making

and you don't have to buy all of them ~_~

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm reminded of my best friend's wife who once told me she really enjoyed the Harry Potter series, but after reading the last book she was disappointed that there wasn't any hardcore sex.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm reminded of my best friend's wife who once told me she really enjoyed the Harry Potter series, but after reading the last book she was disappointed that there wasn't any hardcore sex.

I too was disappointed.

Especially so when they added sexy times between Harry and Hermione in the... 7.1 movie? Or was it 7.2?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki spoilers

Erina is basically kept prisoner at her father's mansion. Alice, Kurokiba and Hishoko try to save her to no avail. Hishoko walks home sad in the rain, encounters a shadowy figure. Soma (groan) accepts the challenge to make Erina say his food is good. The shadowy figure is Tadokoro.

Angry Grimace

wat

For real though, I'm confused. Why would she expect that at all?

I don't know that she was actually expecting it, but she wanted to see the couples that paired up fucking. I guess she figured it was too many books of sexual tension or something and it needed a release or something I don't know. It was really funny though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom