• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shokugeki spoilers

Erina is basically kept prisoner at her father's mansion. Alice, Kurokiba and Hishoko try to save her to no avail. Hishoko walks home sad in the rain, encounters a shadowy figure. Soma (groan) accepts the challenge to make Erina say his food is good. The shadowy figure is Tadokoro.

/swoons

PK Gaming

Shokugeki spoilers

Erina is basically kept prisoner at her father's mansion. Alice, Kurokiba and Hishoko try to save her to no avail. Hishoko walks home sad in the rain, encounters a shadowy figure. Soma (groan) accepts the challenge to make Erina say his food is good. The shadowy figure is Tadokoro.

mqdefault.jpg

Ooooo, that last name in the spoiler is an interesting development.

With Sekai Oni coming to an end soon, I can say that if you're not reading it you are doing manga wrong. It has turned into one of the best series I've read in a while and the end arc is absolutely PHENOMENAL with some great writing, one of the most HATED villains I've ever read and some incredible character development.

It certainly has it's missteps but I think the good FAR and away outweighs the negative.

Be warned, especially at the start, it is a VERY dark and brutal manga. Do not read it if you do not like seeing bad things happen to children.

Nanairo Sekai

Fail. I already read this before :p. Or at least two chapters, and there are four.

So as this author usually does in other short stories, it's mostly sweet romance stories, all around 40-50 pages. She uses a heavy dose of narration from the main character's perspective, to show the character's feelings and their way of seeing the world, sometimes to show how subjective each person's view is, and how love can bloom
in the battlefield
if we notice senpai's feelings better, as we have to fight with the fact everyone has a different outside persona than the real self.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ooooo, that last name in the spoiler is an interesting development.

With Sekai Oni coming to an end soon, I can say that if you're not reading it you are doing manga wrong. It has turned into one of the best series I've read in a while and the end arc is absolutely PHENOMENAL with some great writing, one of the most HATED villains I've ever read and some incredible character development.

It certainly has it's missteps but I think the good FAR and away outweighs the negative.

Be warned, especially at the start, it is a VERY dark and brutal manga. Do not read it if you do not like seeing bad things happen to children.

I'm not quite sure, but my understanding
is that Hishoko is walking in the rain towards Polar Star and Tadokoro is inviting her in.

bobohoro

Yuri and butts. What more could you want?

Sold.

(NSFW) Is My Hobby Weird? 1 by Comaku

This is so pure!
Now I know that Zweizer's NSFW-tags are the real deal.

So did you guys see Oda's answer to all the OP StrawHat Crews real world nationality?
http://kotaku.com/the-real-world-nationalities-of-one-piece-characters-1729134030

Kinda old but this is the first time I saw it

• Brook (Austria)

Dead musicians are the only good thing our country is known for, kinda.

One Piece 802

Well, I'm looking forward to Zou, seems fun enough.
Whitebeer was dumb though.

Bleach 645

This is such a dumb ability for an otherwise awesome character. Oh well. This fight is gonna be stupid, I guess.

Shokugeki spoilers

Shadowy figure is Tadokoro.... lol Megumi is the true evil pulling the strings. While chaos unfolds Megumi will now start moving her pieces into play

Erina's aide will be tricked

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tadokoro will implement the harem plan.

Numb

Toriko 341

Things are looking up.
No fluff just fast plot. Excellent.

The Gamer 101

Glad she is back. Now she can hit him for me that dumbass acting like an old man investing for retirement.

Bleach 645

Let's play a game.

NASA

What is this. The stories are straightforward and there is not big twists nor super-dramatic scenes. It's like the author isn't Naoki Urasawa!

Of course, being done in 1988, it seems the quirks which later would dominate his output weren't present in this single volume of short stories. The drawing also lacks his personal style, it's more in line of what was used at the end of the eighties in the seinen circles.

The first story is about some amateurs trying to do send a person to space. It ends strangely without any kind of resolution, it's like they were the first two chapters of a manga of that theme, one that Urasawa could never finish, so it put it here in this compilation.

The impression I have of the rest of the stories is that... well, it isn't his strong point. Or maybe it's because this is a early work, but most of them are unremarkable. They are mostly quirky and readable, but nothing to recommend over other dozen of short stories. In special sometimes it tries to be funny but he didn't seem to have born as comedian.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Bleach and One Piece- meh.

They were both so meh I was like "i should reread something fun" so I reread parts of Beelzebub. I started mid way through the Behemoth arc and just finished the series from there. Holy shit this series is so good!

I feel like this needs to get a hell of a lot more credit. There is nothing with more a more delightful set of side characters. Also its just damn funny. The badass moments of Oga overpowering dudes are great, and he gets in quite a few awesome one-liners, but the big thing for me was how much I fucking laughed my ass off the entire way through. Why did it have to have such a shitty ending? Beelzebub at it's highest was amazing and it just kind of kept at that level for the most part.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Polar Star Dorm pretty much beats everyone down with the power of friendship, i.e. power of Yuki Yoshino

Big One

Banned
Ten Count volume covers be good. Cant wait for suBLimes release next year.
CQQAXQsUEAAPsdX.jpg:large
DTL is there any particular reason why you look for BL in manga that doesn't have any and read pretty much exclusively shonen-ai and yaoi manga outside of that? Just curious here, I consider myself pretty sexual in nature but I never got into obsessing over looking for romance in anything I've gotten into more-so than enjoying a romance if it's executed well enough. Everyone is different but I'm still awaiting the day you take a break and read something like CLAMP manga or something along those lines (protip: Has more BL than Naruto, I promise).

DTL is there any particular reason why you look for BL in manga that doesn't have any and read pretty much exclusively shonen-ai and yaoi manga outside of that? Just curious here, I consider myself pretty sexual in nature but I never got into obsessing over looking for romance in anything I've gotten into more-so than enjoying a romance if it's executed well enough. Everyone is different but I'm still awaiting the day you take a break and read something like CLAMP manga or something along those lines (protip: Has more BL than Naruto, I promise).

I did read and love Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (read through it twice), and am buying the continuation series once they release it.

I read and own No.6 and K and other mostly male shoujos.

Jintor

yeah i enjoyed beezlebub a fair amount. never got to amazing-tier level but put in solid work time and again.

it has really reinforced my mild dislike of idiot protagonists though

like everybody but the mc and beel were interesting. Mc and beel were boring as hell.

Big One

Banned
Ace was a D
Yeah but all pirates so far in the series have been wanted DEAD or ALIVE. Doubt they'd make an exception for Sanji unless it's something important. Plus as far as the WG is concerned, Weeble is Whitebeard's son, which the recent chapter established, lol.

Hoiku no Ou-sama 01-02

Guy wants to be a daycare teacher but suffers from the crushing realities of being one. That is until he comes across a daycare that only wants to hire male teachers.

this looks like it'll be fluffly at times and then gets all CRUSHING REALITY afterwards

real life sucks

Usobuko

Banned
Tsumi to Batsu - A Falsified Romance ( Ended )

Tsumi to Batsu is a case where a brilliant but troubled individual went off the track while seeking to find his own place in this world. This is Japan take on Crime and Punishment. Main character was undoubtedly selfish and egotistic at times but some of his struggle was humanized. They are the common paranoia and uncertainty in life that everyone can relate. The sore point of this manga was the improbable gang rape scenario but I choose to overlook it because the main draw of this manga is still the human construction of our MC here and that was done sufficiently well.

Art wise, while it's always disturbing to witness the horrifying prolonged attacks of another human being, the use of silent panels help to heighten the tension and uneasiness further.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Oh yeah, that reminds me: does anybody seriously think that that loser is Whitebeard's actual kid?

You know what? Sometimes great people have shitty brats that think they can get by off of their parents legend? I'd like it if they built it up as "Nah, can't be." and then he totally is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom