• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

The Gamer 101

Just some training
wonder if gamer skill is basically super evil considering the guy making the labyrinth thing

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The funniest possible thing that could happen is they go inside and the PSD is having another drunken rager. :lol

It probably will happen. And then they'll all share their food with her and she'll discover the true meaning of friendship before Azami crashes the party.

shokugeki no soma spoilers:

It seems Erina and others are going to the polar star dorm to get out of the rain.

Spoiler pic:

http://i.imgur.com/B1Hw0ET.jpg

odd I thought Erina declined the offer since the school still belongs to her father. Even though PS is considered independent from the rest of the school She would easily be taken back by Azami's goons (E10) while also getting other people in trouble as well. Hence why from the ealier spoilers she said it isn't worth the risk of others

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You know what? Sometimes great people have shitty brats that think they can get by off of their parents legend? I'd like it if they built it up as "Nah, can't be." and then he totally is.

Yeah, but this is anime. It's all about that destiny and new generation of legends replacing the old.

I hope Soma gives her his peanut squid if you know what I mean.

I mean his failed test dishes.

Kaiji Part 4 1-2

This is off to a great start and the gambling hasn't even started. Actual life and death battles haven't been involved since part 1. On top of that, Hyodo and his asshole son are made even more evil. Will be satisfying to see this fucker get taken down.

Pan de Peace! 01-02

a6HRAK7.jpg

bread, love and friendship

cute girls bond over bread

yakitate japan would have been proud

balgajo

Black Clover 32 Spoilers
I was complaining about Black Clover but this chapter was actually pretty good. PT-BR only for now. Interested again.
Poor Leo, he was a cool guy.

Big One

Banned
Just caught up with two series over the past few weeks. I delayed this a week cause Bleach was a drag to get into, but regardless.

Bleach CAUGHT UP

I started after Ichigo's dad flashback as a starting point. So far this entire Quincy arc is a mixed bag. On one hand it has some of the best moments AND fights in the entire series, then you get putrid shit like Pepe and other randoms.

Kubo's lack of desire to kill off Byakuga and Hitsugaya is so fucking stupid and lame. Let them die already.

Really enjoyed the fight between Juha Bach and Ichibe, as well as the recent Mayuri fight with that giant hand thing. Shit was pretty fun and enjoyable. The others I'm mostly eh on or just bored.

Toriko CAUGHT UP

I stopped reading Toriko years ago early on in the Cooking Festival arc.

To be honest that arc was pretty eh for a good portion of it, but once Starjun and the others made an appearance, shit went DOWN. It was awesome. The flashback was good, the fights were epic, as was the conclusion.

One thing I will say about Toriko is that the manga EXPONENTIALLY improves after it's timeskip. You hardly ever see that, but the series gets real crazy and creative once they hit the Gourmet World, and I think it's fantastic. The past few arcs have been nothing but an absolute blast to read.

Unfortunately however it seems they're rushing the manga to get to end game, and I hate that, cause the Gourmet World needs to be so much more than what we've seen. There's a lot of potential for great things and I hope to god this manga doesn't end prematurely cause of a lack of popularity, especially since it's finally hitting it's stride.

Souma Spoiler

so it looks like grandpa pls save Erina thing is really more a justification to get Souma emotionally invested in helping Erina, but it won't be him alone in this, but rather Alice, PSD, etc.

Good.

Turok_TTZ

Misaki-senpai has dun goofed 163

Kek how he grovels in fear of the mighty jun. Captain of the boys karate club too, has he no shame? Looks like a fluffy lamb trembling before the seasoned wolf.

Yasashii Sekai no Tsukurikatta 1-28

Man I really enjoyed reading this. I can't believe there's only 3 more chapters to go. The pace moves along well, but it's one of those title I wish would continue on for much longer. The characters are pretty likable and the story is mellow but not boring. I hope the ending is satisfactory.

Collapse of the World As We Know It 89

89 chapters in and I'm still left absolutely speechless at the pure absurdity this girl is able to come up with. It's next level shit.

Revo

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. 45

damn, the accidental activation of god powers
instantly changing the situation, probably

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Tomo chan 163
Jun is such a bully

Jitsu wa 94
Akane troll game still strong

The perfect finger oneshot
A story about man obsession with a girl that gave him her finger. I like it.

Ib 18

Fuck everyone

After posting about Mizu Sahara in another forum, someone recommended Drops from Yuki Ando, and yeah, they have somewhat similar styles.

Toumei Ningen no Koi
I got three stories from this volume:

-Matryoshka
yXtrW5D.png

A very good oneshot, the couple have charisma, it's funny, the structure has resonance with the theme (read the title), and the MC dawning on his own feeling and past was well done. Drawins is nice, too.

-The Restaurant of Many Orders
Very short thing, it had an interesting idea between a costumer of a restaurant and the bossy owner, but it isn't developed enough.

-Drops
A meta-collection of short oneshots, as weird as it sounds, with the theme of rain bringing together people. From a guy who was going to propose to his gf but rain ruined the perfect date, to two coworkers having to stay alone while they wait for the rain to finish, to students sharing an umbrella.
Short but sweet. And it has a twist.
And the twist is that
all the stories have the same couple, though the girl changes her hair and the drawing and age changes, and the fact they are out of order makes it hard to notice.

In the last days I've read a fair share of shojos. I need to play some manly action game now.

Shokugeki no Soma 137
heh. "I won't stop until she says it's delicious" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Who would have known that Megumi was the one that was going to led them to
Outer Heaven

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Hisako stays with Erina in the dorm or I denounce the whole country of japan.

Everything progressed pretty much as most of us said it will, I'm guessing bad things will go down very soon.

"Souma! You are going to regret this.... that woman-"
"I know. She know our location. Either way, one of these days we gonna have to foodgasm her. But now is not the time."
"When the time comes, I'll make her say it's delicious."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom