• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Foods that kill

Shokugeki no Soma 137

I can see the comparison with MGSV. Glad to see Alice rescuing Erina. It's on now, Azami team vs Polar Star Dorm team.

Kieli

I'm glad that Soma is only interested in validating his skill with respect to Erina and doesn't care about rescuing her or whatevers.
Because Erina a shit.

I'm glad that Soma is only interested in validating his skill with respect to Erina and doesn't care about rescuing her or whatevers.
Because Erina a shit.

I thought "wow soma you are cold. Here you have a poor girl, an evil father that traumatized her, and you are like -I will make her acknowledge my food!~ Jezz a bit assholish and totally zero empathy."

I thought "wow soma you are cold. Here you have a poor girl, an evil father that traumatized her, and you are like -I will make her acknowledge my food!~ Jezz a bit assholish and totally zero empathy."
I mean realistically he doesn't really know her well and as their relationship is right now, he can't do much. That said, getting her to accept his cooking is something that would require her to overcome her father's grasp on her

dani_dc

Umaru 124

I think I said it before, but the brother clearly has an harem going here.

What is happening at the end. Is there another sister?

-Horizon-

like this?
kvWaQ.jpg

lol
Amazing

bobohoro

All those MGS-references, good stuff.

Shokugeki No Soma 137

Even if the talk with gramps didn't end in the worst possible way, they could have still had the same turn of events without the save-the-princess-stuff. Alice pantyshot was the tighhighlight of the chapter.

Revo

Umaru 124

I think I said it before, but the brother clearly has an harem going here.

What is happening at the end. Is there another sister?

ch107 has taihei think he's already taught umaru about stars
ch108 has a girl that looks similar to umaru name stars

so probably related in someway

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I will say I'm not a huge fan of where this arc is going. It seems like a huge, contrived whiplash to integrate Erina's group with the Polar Star Dorm.

Kuga being all "FUCK AZAMI" is pretty interesting to me though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I will say I'm not a huge fan of where this arc is going. It seems like a huge, contrived whiplash to integrate Erina's group with the Polar Star Dorm.

Kuga being all "FUCK AZAMI" is pretty interesting to me though.
He's just jelly of Azami's OG white fringe.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's just jelly of Azami's OG white fringe.

This is kind of the problem with the series: nobody is actually a bad guy. Kuga was clearly a babyface character by the end of the Festival arc. The only real bad guy is Eizan, and I bet you he gets reformed also.

It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular 86

This chapter was really good. As of late, the chapters have been a lot more down and keeping her back where she used to be but her interactions with people in this were priceless this time. Her going to her brother was amazing.

Soma 137

For all the spoiler talk and hand-wringing surrounding it this was not nearly as bad as people were making it out to be. I thought Alice and Hisako were going to try and rescue her and fail and leave it up to Soma, but they didn't, they just were debating where to go. Soma also was like "I'm not going to save her, I don't care about her home situation, she called my food disgusting in the first chapter so I'm gonna make her say it isn't" which has been his goal the whole time anyways so nothing really changed.

Kuga being as angry as he is at the change is interesting though. Also we get to see more normal people's reactions to nude apron!

upandaway

The Dragon's Seven Adorable Children (end)

Chapters 1 and 6 were easily the best ones, but I liked the others too. Chapter 1 was so nice.

This is kind of the problem with the series: nobody is actually a bad guy. Kuga was clearly a babyface character by the end of the Festival arc. The only real bad guy is Eizan, and I bet you he gets reformed also.
I really don't see Azami being reformed. But I'm fine with few real villains, because honestly it's just a bunch of high school students. They're at an age where they still have a high capacity for personal growth because they're currently forming their identity

Haly

I'm okay with no bad guys.

Bad guys are overrated anyway.

Angry Grimace

I really don't see Azami being reformed. But I'm fine with few real villains, because honestly it's just a bunch of high school students. They're at an age where they still have a high capacity for personal growth because they're currently forming their identity

Everything needs villains.

Draxal

We need a couple good face to heel turns in this series like cat senpai (who is a nice heel but a heel nonetheless).

Angry Grimace

We need a couple good face to heel turns in this series like cat senpai (who is a nice heel but a heel nonetheless).

She seems like the least evil evil-person ever. Her stated reason for going along with Azami is already "well you can't fight fate."

convo

Shokugeki no Soma 137

Erina literally in a trash can with the other wasted food there in the beginning.
I won't believe that wasn't intentionally hilarious somehow.

Haly

We have pictorial evidence that Erina is trash now.

Take that L, Erina stans.

We have pictorial evidence that Erina is trash now.

Take that L, Erina stans.

stay salty like a grilled fish dipped in sea salt that Megumi isn't a Nakiri

Soma 137

Better yet everyone else should stay salty that their favourite isn't like Alice #1 girl with the action plan....

They're all going to die anyway though

Haly

Is it because he's pale?

Fucking racist panda smh.

one of the synonyms for evil is dirty

E·vil
ˈēvəl/Submit
adjective

adjective: evil
1.profoundly immoral and malevolent.
"his evil deeds"

synonyms: wicked, bad, wrong, immoral, sinful, foul, vile, dishonorable, corrupt, iniquitous, depraved, reprobate, villainous, nefarious, vicious, malicious; malevolent, sinister, demonic, devilish, diabolical, fiendish, dark; monstrous, shocking, despicable, atrocious, heinous, odious, contemptible, horrible, execrable; informal lowdown, dirty

yah dirty bunch

Haly

Pumpkins get an entire holiday dedicated to celebrating how evil they are by intentionally putting children at risk of diabetes.

It is the ZENITH of evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom