• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Action Idols 19

going to take me awhile to get used to super short chapters
not really looking for much more in this arc

Negima ~85

If this stupid tree is so dangerous if people confess near it why not just have the festival be relocated? Or have its energy be controlled by baiting some weak non mages to confess who can quickly be put down? Other then leading to funny comedy moments this plot point seems silly.

Natsu no Zenjistu v05
LSFadGT.png

Oh, man, If could punch a fictional character through my screen...
He thinks he doesn't really loves Akira because the reasons he likes her are superficial (beautiful, kind, hot sex), but the truth is, his infatuation with Hanami is as superficial! It's always the same: "I want to draw her because she is so beautiful! she shines like a sunflower!". That's a line of one of the last chapters, and it was exactly the same as the start when he meets her.
Oh well, love isn't rational. He is in love with Hanami.

So the breakup was coming, and after my "rage" phase, and the self-fulfillment viewpoint is broken, I have to say it was it was well done, examining the feelings and reasonings of the two, both before and after. The final moment with her giving him a verbal smackdown but also wanting him to be as selfish as before was good.

I really can't stay angry as I thought I would be with this end ,even if I wanted for the two to stay together. Looking back the entire story was about this, about a fleeting romance which was fated to end, the the mc was always a spoiled kid. And it gives you the feeling that at least this end will serve for him to mature.

Zweizer

Banned
When you read/watch something old do you ever get the feeling of wanting to return to the time when that thing was published/aired even if maybe it was before you were born?

It's a really crappy sensation man... i really want to go back in time but i obviously can't... *sigh*

Doraemon did give me a pretty good idea of how life in Japan was back then, but I sometimes wish I could see it with my own eyes.

Lain

Natsu no Zenjistu v05

Oh, man, If could punch a fictional character through my screen...
He thinks he doesn't really loves Akira because the reasons he likes her are superficial (beautiful, kind, hot sex), but the truth is, his infatuation with Hanami is as superficial! It's always the same: "I want to draw her because she is so beautiful! she shines like a sunflower!". That's a line of one of the last chapters, and it was exactly the same as the start when he meets her.
Oh well, love isn't rational. He is in love with Hanami.

So the breakup was coming, and after my "rage" phase, and the self-fulfillment viewpoint is broken, I have to say it was it was well done, examining the feelings and reasonings of the two, both before and after. The final moment with her giving him a verbal smackdown but also wanting him to be as selfish as before was good.

I really can't stay angry as I thought I would be with this end ,even if I wanted for the two to stay together. Looking back the entire story was about this, about a fleeting romance which was fated to end, the the mc was always a spoiled kid. And it gives you the feeling that at least this end will serve for him to mature.

Artists are weird beasts in stories. If they aren't tormented (or, in the case of Sayonara Sorcier, if we aren't made to believe that they are/have had a tormented life) then it's like they aren't real artists at all and the normal people won't get interested in their art.
Tormented or not and for superficial reasons or not, he's a giant moron.

Artists are weird beasts in stories. If they aren't tormented (or, in the case of Sayonara Sorcier, if we aren't made to believe that they are/have had a tormented life) then it's like they aren't real artists at all and the normal people won't get interested in their art.
Tormented or not and for superficial reasons or not, he's a giant moron.

Oh, I remember that was my first impression too of this manga. The MC is totally the stereotype of the "young tortured artist who struggles to make REAL art". I remember because I have a friend who studied Classic Art in university (dunno how what's the name in English, here it's Bellas Artes), and I recommended her this manga, commenting to her how surely there was a lots of people that were similar, as pathetic it sounds :p.

Dhaldot no Akujiki Musume 2?

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

Continuation of a one-shot about a ghoul doctor who turns people into super spooky skeletons. The premise and episodic nature are right up my alley, but (as with the one-shot) I feel like it's not using its subject matter's potential to the fullest. All the more reason to hope it gets serialised to rectify this.

Himouto Umaru-Chan 1-7

Girl`s a legit sociopath.

HxH +-150 Greed island arc

Hrm, had forgotten how well done this section is, even with the author's bullshit reasons to keep dragging gon and killua back into the middle of nowhere so that all he had to draw as backgrounds were a coupla rocks.

upandaway

The Jobless Siblings 45

wHyb5se.png

I feel for her, forgetting things at home is the worst. I wish looking out my window in the morning was this eventful.

upandaway

Haruwaka 2

Alright, it's cool. I'm ready man. After chapter 1, nothing you throw at me will--

OiqqTLh.png

...wait, wait what? was that a yuri route opening? are you... are you serious?

So I just finished reading Uzumaki by Junji Ito and it was a fascinating read. It was the first time I ever read a horror manga and it was interesting. Can anyone who read it explain the ending? Also, any recommendations for similar mangas?

Zweizer

Banned
Also, any recommendations for similar mangas?

You're in luck, for the NeoGAF Co-Prosperity Manga Reading Club of October presently features Horror as the theme of the month!

2FTMYY7.png

Welcome to the NeoGAF Manga Reading Club for the month of October! What began as an effort by a bunch of nerds to force each other to read certain titles has expanded into a reading club that anyone can participate in, with a focus on picking a variety of lesser-known quality titles from all periods and genres of Japanese comic book history.

We've selected a series of authors to highlight each month, with occasional months dedicated to a certain topic or genre. This month's subject is Horror and what better time than around Halloween! Read on to experience some of the finest horror series manga has to offer… if you dare.

The Laughing Vampire by Suehiro Maruo

Panorama of Hell by Hideshi Hino

Left Hand of God, Right Hand of the Devil Umezzz

Cat Diary: Yon and Muu by Junji Ito

Future Months Planned (tentative)

KAGO CHRISTMAS
Japanese "Culture"
Fantasy
Taiyo Matsumoto
Osamu Tezuka
LGBT (yaoi/yuri/shounen ai/shoujo ai/etc.)

Previous Reading Clubs:

Moto Hagio
Usamaru Furuya

And the Kago Christmas next month will certainly be relevant to your interests as well!

Soma

i was about to say why no Kago for the october horror month?

then i saw he had a whole month dedicated to him later on

9oQ8moN.png

So I just finished reading Uzumaki by Junji Ito and it was a fascinating read. It was the first time I ever read a horror manga and it was interesting. Can anyone who read it explain the ending? Also, any recommendations for similar mangas?

Black Paradox, from the same author.

He also has a few short stories compilations you may look into.

upandaway

Stretch 36

Flirting shenanigans are great and all (they are) but there haven't been too many stretches for a couple of chapters now. I need new stretches man c'mon.

dani_dc

Prison School 192

The darts theory was amusing, but Kiyoshi just went for it.
Did he touch boobs before? I forget.

Nisekoi 188

I really hope this ends with Marika dying off, if it doesn't I have no idea what Tsugumi is talking about.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dungeon Meshi 13
Laius is actually the youngest party member...
On another note, fuck Mimic type monster. They're pain in the ass :<

Stretch 44

Oh shit, is this the end for them? No more stretching?

mdubs

Banned
Jump Rankings 10/05

Volume 45 (5-10-2015)
1. Boku no Hero Academia
2. Assassination Classroom
3. Hinomaru Zumou
4. Shokugeki no Soma
5. Haikyuu!!
6. Sesuji wo Pin! to&#12316;Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso&#12316;
7. Bleach
8. Toriko
9. PSI Kusuo Saiki
10. World Trigger
11. Kochikame
12. Best Blue
13. Kagamigami

Shika high gets back into the good zone! :)

RIP Best Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom