• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soma 137

Holy shit. This arc is going better than expected. YOOOO I hope they all move in to Polar Star. YOOOOOO

Soma with the boss response too. "It aint my problem gramps" basically.

next chapter is basically predictable

Erina and co use the baths after getting soaked (likely Erina will be the last person)

Soma comes home and decides to use the bath as well not knowing that someone is in there

Megumi bath scene 2.0

next chapter is basically predictable

Erina and co use the baths after getting soaked (likely Erina will be the last person)

Soma comes home and decides to use the bath as well not knowing that someone is in there

Megumi bath scene 2.0

In the anime, maybe they could both whistle the ED song at the same time and then run into each other. It will be predictable but it will still be so satisfying.

I just hate that this development is gonna sink my SomaMegumi ship. Bahhh.

Kind of concerned with how much manga the haikyuu anime will cover this season, and ultimately the worst is how long to wait for them to ever animate the actual Spring High :( [preliminary isnt even over yet in the manga]

w1bJfwJ.jpg
avxdCvG.jpg

Pretty interesting art change in such a relatively short lifespan.

Megumi and Takumi look pretty much the same and Erina and Alice look way different

upandaway

Yeah I've said this before too, tosh's dudes really got a heck of an upgrade during the Soma serialization while females stayed mostly the same

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They all aged 5 years and went through puberty in between Soma's enrollment and the Fall tournament.

LeleSocho

Banned
Yeah not only in design at first she was the cold and serious cousin from Scandinavia that used ze pawa of scienze now she's the jolliest girl in the manga

rrvv

Megumi and Takumi look pretty much the same and Erina and Alice look way different

less detail for woman.

more detail for man

this guy know how his target audiences are

tbh the comparison kinda feel nitpicking

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I'm thinking about reading Hoshin Engi. Anyone on here read it? Is it anygood?

Also might read Kimagure Orange Road.

It's good. The main protag is basically one of the scummiest character, he swindle or cheat to win against his opponent. The mid part take focus on shonen fight with tactical warfare, while the end game part have a weird kind of twist.

4RL32E7.jpg

took a while digging through young jump's site

I like the design

The dudes getting all the upgrade, while the girls mostly stay the same. The art getting more detailed with all that shading, eyebrow, and hair.

Zweizer

Banned
Dio and Jonathon look weird.

Holy shit lol.

I'm thinking about reading Hoshin Engi. Anyone on here read it? Is it anygood?

It's not bad. I like the setting, art and some of the fights, and the protagonist is pretty entertaining, but I wouldn't call it outstanding either.

Yeah I've said this before too, tosh's dudes really got a heck of an upgrade during the Soma serialization while females stayed mostly the same

Well, considering tosh's previous work experience, it's not that surprising.

Koohii Jikan - (Coffee Time)

From the author of Undercurrent, single volume of short stories.
The first impression is that it isn't as good as Undercurrent, not every author has a strong grasp in how make short stories tick, as the page limit is hard. In this case, I feel that maybe the author Tetsuya Toyoda would be more comfortable doing half the stories with twice the pages, instead of doing so many, as there are 17 short stories. I think he is a bit too subtle for doing really short stories, you need more oomph to reach the readers in just 12 pages.
That said he isn't bad or mediocre here, there are several that are decent and two or three that are good. NASA's Urasawa was worse, for example.

In some panels the drawing style really blends with Hiroki Endo's in my mind. Are we sure they haven't worked together? Because damn.
Actually, I think Toyoda does better faces, or at least more variety of them and they feel a bit more natural.

The common theme of the stories is coffee, as the title suggests, but that's the theory, honestly in most of the stories it isn't a real thing, it's just that the author thought it would be fun to have some kind of common element in all of them and put it there.
There is at least some variety in here. Some are bittersweet moments, others are more funny, others are slightly surreal.

phaze

Shokugeki no Soma 39 + post anime stuff.

Oh so this is where the "X is a x manga" meme comes from.

I know it's been said earlier here but Azami's whole shtick doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The whole academy is already supremely elitist and if you crank it up even further, you're just going to deprive yourself of clients and money.

Hisako is unfortunately a boring character and doesn't even get to do a whole lot, I need to rethink my earlier best wai .. tfu best characters list.

Tokyo Ghoul :re 47

After those words from Mirumae, Shuu's chances of buying the farm plummeted drastically. I like the theory that Kanae will die and somehow get mistaken by CCG as their primary target while Tsukiyama somehow escapes with Haise's blessing.

The panels with Haise jumping off the building and the rooftop meeting were really good.

Defense Devil 1-89

Really like this manga, too bad it's only 100 chapters :/

Also I'm planning to read Full Metal Panic again, since I didn't finish the 2nd "season" back in the day.

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka ch44

You can do it if you try (and if you get a crapload of gifts).

Qurupeke

Tokyo Ghoul:re 47

Damn, the last few chapters have the CCG as the villains pretty much. It's nothing but Tsukiyama's family being destroyed. His servants-friends, Kanae,his father, Matsumae and now Kaneki. I could see Haise helping him in the end, but hes' pretty much over.

Usobuko

Banned
Hmm, I remember flipping through it several years ago but it didn't really grab me.

I should give it another try.

Good luck! The first 10 chapters or so are more like a prologue.

The peak is actually around ch120 before the author decides to blow the ending in End of Eva proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom