• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
US Jump 10/5/15

One Piece 802

Zou is a really sick looking place incredibly hyped for the next arc, the jokes with grandma make a lot more sense with this translation. Gonna be sad when Law leaves with his own crew because Law has been an amazing regular and I'd kill for him to continue to be a main part of the cast.

Blue Exorcist 72

This was 90% filler, 5% plot, 5% set up for future plot. Blue Exorcist is a weekly manga that for some reason gets released monthly there is no excuse for the plot to have barely moved this week. If we get a cop out on Yuki's faux suicide to awaken his demon powers then this chapter was entierly pointless.

Black Clover 32

Woah that was a fairly sudden death if it actually sticks. It's kind of hard to care for a character who was only recently introduced and barely given any screen time for the audience to connect with. New bad guy looks pretty cool will be interesting to see what his end game is.

World Trigger 117

Hyuse is for sure going to join team Takoma 2 its just a matter of what will spark/force him to join. Based upon the first half of the chapter I would assume that event will be this upcoming covert attack which is probably to kill/capture Hyuse. Solid chapter that kept the plot moving forward at a good pace after we lost last week.

My Hero Academia 61

Frog girl and bird man are best team. Deku just needs to slap the shit out of explosion man and tell him to stop being a punk. Hopefully we see more of the main characters fights as they all look like fun.

Toriko 341

LOL first time we've seen the main character in months and he's badly beaten and bloody on the ground. Somehow despite this series feeling like its rushing towards a finale it still moves at a snails pace every once in awhile.

Nisekoi 188

The most interesting way this place out to keep Marika around and part of the active harem game is to make her the promise girl. So naturally I assume the worst and that Raku will somehow end up at the alter in the groom's place and will refuse Marika freeing her both from her obligation to get married and taking her out of the harem game like Yui.

Samon the Summoner 3

The only time this chapter worked for me was when fem lead told Samon to "shut up and do it" but in the end it doesn't prove her a hypocrite it just proves Samon is a stupid selfish dick. This will be shit canned in 6 months is my guess.

Bleach 645

I've got you nope thats my shadow I got you no that was my shadow I gozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shokugeki no Soma 137

So all the QQ about Soma white knighting to save Erina was for nothing, glad everyone assumed the worst first and panicked like crazy. Once again SnS continues to be aces best series in Jump.

Seraph of the End 38

Mostly set up for where things are going, its almost impossible for things to return to the status quo now that Guren and loli princess vampire are working together to experiment on the seraph boys. Looks like the next two chapters will be far more interesting.

Caste Heaven 9

BL manga have the worst release schedules, not only is the chapters every other month but its the last chapter we are getting this calendar year. I cant even.
CQlB6odVAAEbKvE.png

At least it was a happy chapter [though once again adults turn a blind eye to childrens games]

World Trigger 117

Hyuse better join Tamakoma-2 Ashihara please.

I wonder what the action will be if it is covert like that. Will it be something to take place in the virtual world or one where they have to leave the city? The manga is at its fighting in the city and town.

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 455

well things just got a lot harder

It's incredible just how low the author managed to make the odds for Fairy Tail actually coming out on top in this situation. Heck, even with normal Shounen plot armour everyone would just flat out be pulverized the way the 12 enemy mages stack up to the guild powerwise. Which makes the coming friendship asspull, followed by a victory with low/without any casualities all the dumber. The only reasonable solution to this mess would be that some of the twelve turn against Zeref and his army for their own schemes, or following their whims. But it will probably be Natsu and his mysterious right hand forged in hard fapp...training! that will save everyone. Somehow. I'm already shaking my head dozens of chapters in advance.

Food Wars! 137

Awful chapter, the writer is purposefully making it where we see no more Kuga and worst of all Erina is now going to be thrust in our faces in Polar Star dorm. She needs to deal with Azami on her own.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Food Wars! 137

Awful chapter, the writer is purposefully making it where we see no more Kuga and worst of all Erina is now going to be thrust in our faces in Polar Star dorm. She needs to deal with Azami on her own.

I have no clue why anyone would expect the series to focus on your pet character vs. the advertised heroine

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It's incredible just how low the author managed to make the odds for Fairy Tail actually coming out on top in this situation. Heck, even with normal Shounen plot armour everyone would just flat out be pulverized the way the 12 enemy mages stack up to the guild powerwise. Which makes the coming friendship asspull, followed by a victory with low/without any casualities all the dumber. The only reasonable solution to this mess would be that some of the twelve turn against Zeref and his army for their own schemes, or following their whims. But it will probably be Natsu and his mysterious right hand forged in hard fapp...training! that will save everyone. Somehow. I'm already shaking my head dozens of chapters in advance.

My guess:

Natsu remember he is END.

Boom

Done.

dumbyugi

Kuga is obviously going to play a role in this arc anyway. They wouldn't have bothered showing that he's boycotting the Elite Ten if he was not going to anything.

Revo

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 18

WN:
guess they wanted to build her up as more fighting credible?

yay naofumi going all lordy on the king

Chikyuu no Houkago 17

Interesting development, but I kinda wish more would have happened. The plot sure comes slow in this. I still have no idea whats going on.

Numb

The author has a knack of writing sentimental and slightly bittersweet stories.

Both Soshite, Hare ni Naru and Tenohira Size are pretty good.

Thanks for the heads up.Might check it out.
Don't usually read soft stuff without muscles and some sort of fisticuffs.

Magi 282

I really freaking hate Arba. Her character design really makes you want to see her dead. And Sinbad, what a shame. I had hoped you'd be better than that.

Fairy Tail 455

Fairy Tail on the verge of despair!? Impossible since Erza literally never lost a fight in this entire manga, so I'm not expecting anything to change. Waiting for my man Gildarts to come in with the strength that is equivalent to 4 of the Spriggan. His power has the potential to destroy so many people.

Nanatsu no Taizai 143

I'm interested to see how Ban will handle this. Galagan by himself is pretty strong, but that witch looks like she is a serious threat. Cmon Ban!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Grimace plz. It's DTL.
I've been here since before DTL so I know all about that but sometimes you can't help but throw a reply his way to see what he'll come up with next.

I mean, canon Soma x Takumi is one thing but he has to have some theory about Kuga too right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom