• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

I love misuzu so much right now.

I kinda want to try nisekoi but at the same time i get the strongest gut feelings i shouldnt waste my time on it. Wat do?

Revo

Nisekoi is sometimes fun just you can't ever expect development or you're in for a bad time. Ofc there are better things out there but it's not like it isn't enjoyable (sometimes).

Relife 86

Looks like we'll get some more MC development here.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 178

Lol Onodera.

Marika not even a consideration, not sure if to be happy or sad for her.

Yui was finally useful again, maybe we can kick her out of the story now.

Saprol

Tomo-chan 102

Misuzu is such a crafty girl.

Silver Spoon 113
mu2JehD.png
They just blasted right through 2nd and 3rd year. Curse real life obligations.
tears.gif

phaze

Nisekoi 178

A confession. One that was actually heard and answered by Raku and all that in one chapter ? And one haremite might actually be crossed out of the story ? What is this sorcery.

Watch this end on chapter 200 now.

Also Onodera finally won. What happy times we live in.

Nightbird

D.Gray Man is back, and Chapter 219 has a pretty big Plot Twist.

Now i wished that i could remember everything of the Story up until now to judge if that twist was actually good or not xD

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 178

A confession. One that was actually heard and answered by Raku and all that in one chapter ? And one haremite might actually be crossed out of the story ? What is this sorcery.

he tried his hardest to not hear it correctly. It only took 4 pages and 2 chapters for him to understand what was said to him.

dani_dc

he tried his hardest to not hear it correctly. It only took 4 pages and 2 chapters for him to understand what was said to him.

I was honestly expecting worst at this point!

Was thinking we'd get one full chapter of him wondering and only coming to a conclusion next chapter... that or have him rationalize it that she didn't actually feel like that and was only saying that because she was being forced to marry.

random25

Nisekoi 178

Is the end of the world nearing!?

Sad for Yui. Could have been the best girl if she only got more attention. And yeah, Chitoge win is coming near. Shrugs.

cntr

Banned
so I see Cross Game being recommended

Once, a long time ago, I read every single one of Adachi's manga available at the time.

ALL OF THEM ENDED IN THE SAME WAY

YOU COULD SWAP OUT THE NAMES AND NOTHING WOULD CHANGE

IT'S BEEN NEARLY A DECADE SINCE THEN AND I'M STILL SALTY

and that's why I'll never read Cross Game

dani_dc

alright guess I should catch up

best girllllllllllll

Fuuka, Nisekoi, you're sure jumping as deep as you can right out of the bat eh?

Once, a long time ago, I read every single one of Adachi's manga available at the time.

Maybe you should read Mix!

Assassination Classroom 148
CKH0aPCUwAAMp11.png

Can we just skip to a year from now for this to be animated in season 3. It was so intense and I need to hear both their dub va's doing the lines and such.

Team karma kun, please pull out a surprising victory and dodge whatever last ditch snake attack Nagisa will have.

Akito

You could say that the premises are all the same but certainly not that they all have the same conclusion.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ass. Classroom 148
Nagisa and Karma is so hardcore with their tactics. Wouldn't be surprised if it end in a draw.

Tomo chan wa onna no ko 101-102

Just as planned. Tomo face is priceless

Komori 21

All that talk, and then they did the least responsible job....

cntr

Banned
You could say that the premises are all the same but certainly not that they all have the same conclusion.
No, really. The premises were usually similar, yes, and the middle parts fairly different -- but the endings. Eugh.

of course, i might not remember it clearly, it's been a long time

Arabesque

Is the end of the world nearing!?

The cast are all in their 3rd year, so it's about time to wrap the story up (or at least close some of the lingering plot threads).

My guess is that from 232 to 240 will be when the manga concludes next year. I don't see it going further than that by much.

Akito

No, really. The premises were usually similar, yes, and the middle parts fairly different -- but the endings. Eugh.

of course, i might not remember it clearly, it's been a long time
I don't see what's particularly wrong with the ending other than that most of them were maybe a little too open-ended, the most important issue always gets resolved though. You got burned by H2's ending?

I have to finish re-reading D-Gray Man so I can finally read chapter 219 which took ages to come out. Today is such a great day.

So when is HxH coming back?

Nisekoi

RIP Yui, you knew her ship was about to get torpedoed the second she went all in. Props to Raku though, he shot her down with no room for interpretation or misunderstanding.

And yes, Chitoge already won. Kosaki's screwed.

NEO0MJ

I just finished reading Naoki Urasawa's Pluto.

What a great story. I don;t know much about the original story that inspired it as I only watched some of the original Astro Boy anime and its remake but it didn't mater at all and won't effect your enjoyment of this story. It deals with a lot of heavy subjects and asks tough questions about hate, war, and what it means to actually be human. Cliche subjects I know but they were handled beautifully. Art was amazing and I just had to admire some pages for more than a few seconds.

I need something clarified about the story, though. In chapter 6...
how did Ali get to Amsterdam and why did he kill Gesicht? Was it because of his involvement in the war or something else? I feel that I missed something. I assumed he was being controlled but it seems too convoluted to drag him there in hopes that seeing him phases Gesicht.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Uh oh, who left Costi unsupervised long enough for him to wander back into Seoland?

Can we pls give delinquent Tadokoro-chan her own series. I would pay so much money.

Natsu Yasumi 00 Nichime

A very enjoyable one-shot about love at the end of the school year and bubbles.

Such an enjoyable one-shot.
Oh man, I remember this one-shot. It's by the same person who does Akagami no Shirayukihime! S/he's so good.

Nisekoi 178

Onodera won? He thought of Chitoge instead of her...

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
oh ho, its by the same mangaka?

I definitely should read Akagami someday. I'm definitely enjoying the anime, kidnapping heroine tendencies aside
Holy fuck, it has an anime?! When did this happen???

(Also another good oneshot by him/her is Vahlia no Hanamuko, if you haven't read that yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom