• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droplet

D. Gray-man 219

I don't know who these characters are or what's going on, but it seems like the art got better.

Maybe?

At least we didn't have pages randomly turning into sketches this time?

I've been meaning to catch up on Assassination Classroom for awhile, I've already passed the part I've read watching the dub on Funimation's website but at the penultimate episode of the season 1 anime I had that "oh shit I need to catch up on this ASAP" moment. Does anyone know if the anime skipped anything from the manga? Also what chapter is the arc where they have to infiltrate the hotel so I can pick up roughly where I'm at in the anime assuming I don't need to go back and see something I missed.

Tomo-chan wa onna no ko 102

XwOLl0h.png

JQEau0F.png

MC who?

Revo

I've been meaning to catch up on Assassination Classroom for awhile, I've already passed the part I've read watching the dub on Funimation's website but at the penultimate episode of the season 1 anime I had that "oh shit I need to catch up on this ASAP" moment. Does anyone know if the anime skipped anything from the manga? Also what chapter is the arc where they have to infiltrate the hotel so I can pick up roughly where I'm at in the anime assuming I don't need to go back and see something I missed.

There were some (2-3) student character arcs that were skipped and I think 1 white robe assassination plan that was tied in with a student's char arc

http://pastebin.com/rck0nk57 is a detailed list of what episode covers what chapter stuff done by someone on reddit

Mid ch73 is where you'd want to start if you don't mind either skipping what was missed/just reading those chapters (and the anime slightly changed 73 to make it more endy).

There were some (2-3) student character arcs that were skipped and I think 1 white robe assassination plan that was tied in with a student's char arc

http://pastebin.com/rck0nk57 is a detailed list of what episode covers what chapter stuff done by someone on reddit

Mid ch73 is where you'd want to start if you don't mind either skipping what was missed/just reading those chapters (and the anime slightly changed 73 to make it more endy).

Hmm :|

Maybe I'll just read the whole thing from start to finish lol, or at least I'll pick up after the baseball game because I know for sure I read though that.

Rabukome no Baka 01

A young mangaka gets a very pretty boy to become her new editor. She falls in love, he doesn't.

Funny, it's pretty amusing. Nice clash between the two who have completely different personalities and of course as they fall in loveeeeeeeee

Holy shit.

This is one of the most amazing manga I've ever read. It completely deviates from any standards I've seen in the industry. Akira Hiramoto needs the recognition for this work. The artwork is outstanding and blends with the overall horror and serious themes. The story is a folktale brought to visual life and its amazing at how well written is. I look forward to reading more of this.

Usobuko

Banned
Holy shit.

This is one of the most amazing manga I've ever read. It completely deviates from any standards I've seen in the industry. Akira Hiramoto needs the recognition for this work. The artwork is outstanding and blends with the overall horror and serious themes. The story is a folktale brought to visual life and its amazing at how well written is. I look forward to reading more of this.

Now read Prison School.

Dude is talented, hard to tell this is the same guy who made Me and the Devil Blues.

Now read Prison School.

Dude is talented, hard to tell this is the same guy who made Me and the Devil Blues.

Yeah I read Prison School too. The difference in tone between the two is unimaginable. If it weren't for the same detailed art I'd be inclined to say a completely different person wrote it.

Soma 127
I've heard it speculated that Soma will try using smelly tofu, which is apparently another type of Taiwanese food. I think it makes a lot of sense considering:
1. He just met up with the person who specializes with smelly food
2. They talked about needing something with attention grabbing impact
3. Mapo Doufu does contain tofu
4. One of the main features of Yukihira's cooking style seems to be incorporating aspects of different types of cuisine together

Soma 127

CKLF8RyVEAEWcYF.png:large

best face yet

I don't think anyone could have guessed Soma would go to her for help. Funny she's a big part of the new Soma ED too.

Kind of disappointed Tadokoro isn't doing much. Inb4 yandere-kun moves on to Tadokoro because everyone loves her

Edit: Wait she's a masochist right? Guess not unless yankee Tadokoro comes back

Zweizer

Banned
Holy shit.

Akira Hiramoto is incredible.

Short version: D Gray Man Ch. 219 has a plot twist.

Long version: D Gray Man Ch. 219 has a plot twist and it's still confusing because:

Ch.3: it's revealed that Allen was abandoned at birth and Mana adopted him. While at Mana's grave, the Earl asks Allen if he wants Mana to be revived which he does thus turning Mana into an Akuma which Allen exorcises.

Ch.135: Mana taught Allen how to read the symbols for controlling the Ark, Allen is not aware of this thinking it's just a special language between them.

Ch. 159: Allen states it's gross that Mana planted the song to control the ark in his head and he remembers the last thing Mana said was I love you, he wonders about that.

Ch. 167: While on the run with Mana, Neah was killed by the Earl causing Mana's mind to slip. Before he died, Neah implanted his memories into a host body (Allen) that was nearby not caring who it was and eventually Allen will turn into Neah. Allens if Mana even cared about him or if it was affection directed towards Neah. Cross tells Allen what he would do if he was told he would have to kill someone he loved when he becomes Neah

Ch. 187: Neah was killed 35 years prior to the series but not before killing all the Noahs except for Road and Earl. Earl is the first Noah, the other 12 Noahs are humans who possess the "Noah" genes and awaken every generation for the last 7000 yr. The Earl has a flashback where he hears Neah saying he'll be by his side no matter what happens. Neah is an anomaly since he is a 14th Noah rather than having the standard 13.

Ch. 215: Neah wonders why Allen does not remember him and commenting that Allen has become younger. In a flashback, an unknown man with white hair (older past Allen?) say to an injured Neah he will protect his memories until Neah awakens again

Ch. 218: Earl goes on a rampage asking if Allen/Neah if he recognizes him and has a flashback possibly of Mana holding and apologizing to a dying Neah when Johnny is holding an injured Allen. Another flashback occurs with a pissed Road holding onto Mana or Mana's mother or someone different altogether while Neah looms over them and unidentified figures watches them through a door cutting to a scene with Mana standing in a field seeing the Earl near his (dead?) mother. The Earl turns and states everything is going back to the way it was and it is his (Mana) fault. Final page, Earl says "You're Mana. Mana is the cause of everything" to Allen/Neah

Ch. 219:
Mana is the Earl and despite feeling hatred for Neah, he also wishes to be by his side. Neah comments Mana's face has changed this could be either with age or a new host. Their mother met the previous Earl before he turned into Mana and Neah which she both adopted. So Neah and Mana were both one person (the Earl) then having seperated Mana became the Earl and Neah became the 14th.

So possibly
Mana was in dark Noah/Earl mode when he killed Neah and by killing his brother, it caused him to have a nervous breakdown. But then why would Mana be on the run with Neah if he was the Earl that Neah tried to kill. Before he was died, Neah put his memories in someone nearby which would be Allen but if this happened 35 years ago how is it that Allen is around 15-16 now. Ok rather than Allen being a bystander of circumstance, a theory could be he simply is an awakened Noah because of the Noah gene and be the 14th that way. Yet Neah seems to know Allen even commenting that he has become younger (Neah thinks about Allen when he as a child then goes into flashback that implies an older Allen with long hair is talking to an injured Neah before returning to the present time teen Allen—but then what about in the beginning of the series when Allen said he was abandoned at birth). Lastly if Mana is dead prior to the start of the series and the Earl revives him as a akuma which Allen exorcises, how is it that the Earl and Mana are the same person?

Before I knew it over 4 hours had pass since I read ch 219 and tried to formulate this post. My conclusion is I'm tired from thinking about this, this story just got more confusing as time went on, and someone else take a stab at figuring this out.

Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Chiko 01-05

This manga, I can't handle it, but I can't stop reading. She just doesn't give a fuck and its great.

Zweizer

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma ch127

Taking advantage of the stall's mobility as expected. I wonder what kind of dish he'll make. Would be funny if he went with stinky tofu.

I hope boiling witch gets more screentime~

JoJo Part 6 has been a really great read so far. I'm loving the protagonist Jolyne so much. It's really refreshing to have a female MC. Also some of the Stands have been crazy so far. A Stand that can take someone's memories and Stand ability and put into someone else is a pretty dangerous ability.

Short version: D Gray Man Ch. 219 has a plot twist.

Before I knew it over 4 hours had pass since I read ch 219 and tried to formulate this post. My conclusion is I'm tired from thinking about this, this story just got more confusing as time went on, and someone else take a stab at figuring this out.

I'm rereading the series again to get a better understanding before jumping on the new chapter. As for figuring out the current development I'd figure that Manga Reddit would have some good answers.

Hopefully Hoshino thought out a plan on how to continue the story and end it during her 3 year hiatus break. I'm really glad it finally came back because it was one of my favorite series from Shonen Jump. I guess the next chapter will come out in a few months.

Melancholy World 07

Pretty much like an one shot of how the forgetting disease is affecting two people.

Very nicely done, it gives the sense of how interesting this world is.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
New Game 18
Pudding, it's a serious business.
Same thing happen in my workplace once. It was my boss Yakult, She send the email to the whole building, asking who drink it without her permission. The culprit did come out and replace said yakult on the same day.

dramatis

Kasane 14

There's a soap opera feeling to this that ends up much darker just because of the premise itself, which is actually quite nice. I can't say I didn't expect this kind of development, yet because of Kasane everything feels just much sadder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom