• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Horikoshi's doodle for MHA 51:
HI44bbd.png

JoJo Part 6 has been a really great read so far. I'm loving the protagonist Jolyne so much. It's really refreshing to have a female MC. Also some of the Stands have been crazy so far. A Stand that can take someone's memories and Stand ability and put into someone else is a pretty dangerous ability.
Araki created her partly because he once wrote a manga called Gorgeous Irene with a female MC, and he felt embarrassed about writing such a shit female character that he wanted to try again with Jolyne.

dani_dc

JoJo Part 6 has been a really great read so far. I'm loving the protagonist Jolyne so much. It's really refreshing to have a female MC. Also some of the Stands have been crazy so far. A Stand that can take someone's memories and Stand ability and put into someone else is a pretty dangerous ability.

Honestly I didn't enjoy Whitesnake ability to steal Stands, felt too OP and I could had done without that particular explanation for Stand users.

Jolyne is pretty great though, she has a lot of personality and I feel that she actually grows through her story, unlike most previous JoJo's .

Soreijou Iwanaide
CKMJIb3VAAAVvn8.jpg:large

Wow thought this would be all sad and such but it worked out for them. Hina pairing with Suga for practice and maybe even a full game with be a nice change if it eventually happened a bit more.

Honestly I didn't enjoy Whitesnake ability to steal Stands, felt too OP and I could had done without that particular explanation for Stand users.

Jolyne is pretty great though, she has a lot of personality and I feel that she actually grows through her story, unlike most previous JoJo's .

Yeah Whitesnake's ability is a bit too OP but then again we've had previous antagonists like King Crimson which is completely hax and the only reason he was defeated was because of a asspull.

As for the Stand users explanation it can be a bit unnecessary, however there are some Stands that are out there. So having a sort of explanation is needed at times.

dani_dc

Yeah Whitesnake's ability is a bit too OP but then again we've had previous antagonists like King Crimson which is completely hax and the only reason he was defeated was because of a asspull.

As for the Stand users explanation it can be a bit unnecessary, however there are some Stands that are out there. So having a sort of explanation is needed at times.
I didn't mind other OP stands too much, Whitesnake just doesn't stand well with me.

I meant it as in, it was unnecessary to explain the existence of Stands users, not the powers, those definitely need to be explained!

Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch174

i feel the sneaking presence of NTR coming.

this new, faceless character who is the aunt's peer. already making moves on her.

he might be the EMPEROR KIRITSUBO in the genji story.

dr labson

Neo Member
I didn't mind other OP stands too much, Whitesnake just doesn't stand well with me.

I meant it as in, it was unnecessary to explain the existence of Stands users, not the powers, those definitely need to be explained!

I do like the fact that Whitesnake can turn other stands into pokemon TM's though.
It's interesting.

random25

Kushuku Gakkou no Alice 1

Wow, didn't thought it would become a series after that great one-shot. Really interesting Romeo-Juliet twist with a much better story pacing. Gotta keep an eye on this series.

Lain

Kasane 14

Uh oh. Looks like Nina figured out how Kasane manages to steal faces. With how Kasane seems to also be falling in love with Ugo and that scene, I can only foresee ugly things to come.

Joukamachi no Dandelion 01-06

OmvDnIJl.jpg

The everyday lives of the 9 children of the royal family. Oh, they also all have super powers.

Like the anime, so enjoying this as well. The 4koma format works for it.

Revo

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 6-9

Woo, a lot less awkward.

Still, the fucking clown though.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Short version: D Gray Man Ch. 219 has a plot twist.

Long version: D Gray Man Ch. 219 has a plot twist and it's still confusing because:

Ch.3: it's revealed that Allen was abandoned at birth and Mana adopted him. While at Mana's grave, the Earl asks Allen if he wants Mana to be revived which he does thus turning Mana into an Akuma which Allen exorcises.

Ch.135: Mana taught Allen how to read the symbols for controlling the Ark, Allen is not aware of this thinking it's just a special language between them.

Ch. 159: Allen states it's gross that Mana planted the song to control the ark in his head and he remembers the last thing Mana said was I love you, he wonders about that.

Ch. 167: While on the run with Mana, Neah was killed by the Earl causing Mana's mind to slip. Before he died, Neah implanted his memories into a host body (Allen) that was nearby not caring who it was and eventually Allen will turn into Neah. Allens if Mana even cared about him or if it was affection directed towards Neah. Cross tells Allen what he would do if he was told he would have to kill someone he loved when he becomes Neah

Ch. 187: Neah was killed 35 years prior to the series but not before killing all the Noahs except for Road and Earl. Earl is the first Noah, the other 12 Noahs are humans who possess the "Noah" genes and awaken every generation for the last 7000 yr. The Earl has a flashback where he hears Neah saying he'll be by his side no matter what happens. Neah is an anomaly since he is a 14th Noah rather than having the standard 13.

Ch. 215: Neah wonders why Allen does not remember him and commenting that Allen has become younger. In a flashback, an unknown man with white hair (older past Allen?) say to an injured Neah he will protect his memories until Neah awakens again

Ch. 218: Earl goes on a rampage asking if Allen/Neah if he recognizes him and has a flashback possibly of Mana holding and apologizing to a dying Neah when Johnny is holding an injured Allen. Another flashback occurs with a pissed Road holding onto Mana or Mana's mother or someone different altogether while Neah looms over them and unidentified figures watches them through a door cutting to a scene with Mana standing in a field seeing the Earl near his (dead?) mother. The Earl turns and states everything is going back to the way it was and it is his (Mana) fault. Final page, Earl says "You're Mana. Mana is the cause of everything" to Allen/Neah

Ch. 219:
Mana is the Earl and despite feeling hatred for Neah, he also wishes to be by his side. Neah comments Mana's face has changed this could be either with age or a new host. Their mother met the previous Earl before he turned into Mana and Neah which she both adopted. So Neah and Mana were both one person (the Earl) then having seperated Mana became the Earl and Neah became the 14th.

So possibly
Mana was in dark Noah/Earl mode when he killed Neah and by killing his brother, it caused him to have a nervous breakdown. But then why would Mana be on the run with Neah if he was the Earl that Neah tried to kill. Before he was died, Neah put his memories in someone nearby which would be Allen but if this happened 35 years ago how is it that Allen is around 15-16 now. Ok rather than Allen being a bystander of circumstance, a theory could be he simply is an awakened Noah because of the Noah gene and be the 14th that way. Yet Neah seems to know Allen even commenting that he has become younger (Neah thinks about Allen when he as a child then goes into flashback that implies an older Allen with long hair is talking to an injured Neah before returning to the present time teen Allen—but then what about in the beginning of the series when Allen said he was abandoned at birth). Lastly if Mana is dead prior to the start of the series and the Earl revives him as a akuma which Allen exorcises, how is it that the Earl and Mana are the same person?

Before I knew it over 4 hours had pass since I read ch 219 and tried to formulate this post. My conclusion is I'm tired from thinking about this, this story just got more confusing as time went on, and someone else take a stab at figuring this out.
What the fuck is happening with D Gray Man

I need references and a dissertation on this shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom