• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puchim@su! 80

okpUAEf.png

this whole chapter

Dhaldot no Akujiki Musume

She can turn people into bone people which cause them to live forever. Expect there's a secret.

A very good oneshot, gotta say. The setting is interesting, the cast is fun, the whole idea of bone people is a cool idea. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing this become a series.

Lain

I wanted to take pictures of my Fraction book, but that would require to bust out the Vita to take low quality pictures and with this heat and my laziness combined...

Fraction

(talking about the main story-line of the book)
Pretty damn good book. The plot twist is mind-blowing. The plot twist in the plot twist is mind-bending.
There is a level of subversion of expectations that's seriously brilliant, and the whole author intermission between each chapters which still ends up linked to the story.
The art is great as well, but that's obvious from just a glance at the cover. What I love about it is mostly its simplicity, yet it's still imaginative and highly detailed where and when it matters.
Kago is really damn good and if you haven't read it yet, go and read Fraction, it's seriously worth it. also, ask Vertical to license it while you're at it.

Nordicus

Kanojo ni Naru Hi 11

Loathsome little fuck should have been beaten the shit out of when he said Nao would "degrade their genetics and ruin the family's honor". This was days too late, such a flimsy way to create a scenario where the usually absent father proves that he didn't start hating and avoiding his son when he changed genders

Mozuya-san Gyakujou Suru 14

Wait, hold up, am I still reading a manga about deconstructing the tsundere archetype?
Okay, yeah, still am.

Zweizer

Banned
Shishunki Bitter Change ch31

Hmm, it's Yuuta's time to be involved in a love relationship this time. I wonder how Yui will act.

Takemitsu Zamurai 1-20

This is pretty cool so far. The art style is super stylized and kind of reminds me of Picasso at times. The use of panels is really strong as well. I don't know how quite to put it, but the storytelling in this is kind of atypical of a manga, maybe more like how a fable or a tale would be told.

I'm kind of on a historical binge, might read Otoyomegatari or Historie next so I can push off Vagabond a while longer

The term i ended up settling for is folklore. And yeah, it stays excellent to the very end. Not one misstep in the whole story.

dramatis

Gintama 550 Part 2 (???)

Sorachi's pulling characters out left and right.

Although in a sense now we have to wonder if old characters are going to step into the void of the Shinsengumi, or if Sorachi will go wild with new characters.

Wonder how long it will be until another serious arc though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Monster x Monster 12
Neet manage to make the tsundere princess say a line from a eroge... He's too damn good!

Sesuji wo pin 10

Stage fright... there's no way they can win this. I think the most refreshing thing about this manga is that MC does not look like a badass at all. They're normal students struggling to do their best.

Hatarakanai Futari 43.1

Eeeew~

Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei shitara, Gendai Heiki de Guntai Harem wo Tsukucchaimashita!? 1

Harem x reincarnation x gun x nekomimi

It supposed to be a winning formula, but damn, when the character start giving a lecture on how to use gun after they ambush a lizardman in close quarter combat using a rifle...lol.

dani_dc

Made it to the top 10 again, albeit with way less posts than last time if recall.

Zweizer again eclipsing everyone!
And I love the Seo theme continuing, what's next? Half&Half?

Yes! No more Seo! ( `_´)/

Your posts are as good as Seo works, that's why I love you!

Zweizer

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom