• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
You only bought two?
That HomuraxJojo looks super interesting though.
I don't know that BL flood Comiket like crazy. Then it wasn't comic market in my country alone that packed with BL stuffs.
I reckon the rest of them are NSFWs

As always, don't underestimate the fujoshi market!

wLEzB5W.png

Follow us on Twitter (well, dani mostly) to see the good stuff~

dramatis

Recent and Popular Reads (July 2015)
Judging by Lain's posts, Innocent continues to be pretty good. Check it out!

Also bigkrev now reads onry BL

Recent and Popular Reads (July 2015)

Judging by Lain's posts, Innocent continues to be pretty good. Check it out!

Also bigkrev now reads onry BL

oh no, now everyone will know when the banner gets updated

quite a fancy new banner this time

Usobuko

Banned
Shame my post about Unwelt was just circle jerking Igarashi. Nice to see 2 of Matsumoto works on banner.

Shoujo Shikkaku ch1 by Kawai Rou

Survival game manga, where only one pair of girls, linked by chains, will survive in a death match that lasts one week. Too early to tell if it'll be good, but the set-up is fairly standard.

I guess it might interest you, Usobuko, but I suppose you'd rather wait for it to finish up first?

Thanks for the head up.

You're right, I prefer to start on something that's already finished. As for this genre in particular, I tend to lean towards grounded characters with interesting game designs so I hope this doesn't disappoint when I pick it up.

Lain

Great banner. Innocent has been sitting on my backlog ever since I finished Kokou no Hito. Gonna bump it up a notch along with Takemitsu Zamurai I guess.

They did. Here's the cover on Pixiv (NSFW) for Murasaki Syu's newest work. Here's the tweet (SFW actually) announcing Taira Hajime's participation.

I should have know that I could count on you ~.~ Although the cover for Murasaki Syu doesn't point to Aldelayd (that I can make out) soooo... I'll go cry in a corner.

Jintor

like, i know i would've died from the heat, and i probably would've spent an absolutely obscene amount of money, but i really should've gone to comiket

sigh

dani_dc

Banner update! Nice work as usual!

I'll try to read Innocent when I get some free time.

Starting twitter. Hope you guys wont mind if i follow :)
Pleasure to have more means of interacting with you!

You only bought two?
That HomuraxJojo looks super interesting though.
I don't know that BL flood Comiket like crazy. Then it wasn't comic market in my country alone that packed with BL stuffs.
I reckon the rest of them are NSFWs

Only two yesterday! Got more today!
Not many though, mostly due to budget reasons and being overwhelmed with the crowd and the short time. I'll post pictures tomorrow (it's a pain to post them here via my tablet).

Second day was basically just BL, three full giant halls with barely nothing but BL.

like, i know i would've died from the heat, and i probably would've spent an absolutely obscene amount of money, but i really should've gone to comiket

sigh

Aim for the winter one!
It will probably be a more pleasant experience!

Zweizer

Banned
I should have know that I could count on you ~.~ Although the cover for Murasaki Syu doesn't point to Aldelayd (that I can make out) soooo... I'll go cry in a corner.

Always here to serve~

It's been a while since the last episode. Hopefully it hasn't been abandoned.

As an aside, Udon-Ya and Nanashi (774)'s works are already floating around on the web. The latter's is surprisingly short.

Usobuko

Banned
Ikigami

Similar to the likes of Jigoku Shoujo, Skyhigh, Ikigami follows an episodic format but with individual dealing with death coming in the form of an advance notice a day earlier. The hardest hurdle to immense oneself into this story is the premise. A dystopian nation with a system in place where 1 out of 1000 people will be randomly selected to die for its prosperity. All for the teaching of the fragility of life.

The individual stories in Ikigami are pretty intriguing. A huge part to this is the realistic background of these characters and their reactions towards the news of being dead 24 hours later. The stories don't just revolve around the chosen individual, they also shown how their families deal with the circumstances and the aftermath. It's easy to understand where they are coming from because their actions are so very humane.

so yeah, I like this.

Mandelbo

Netsuzou Trap 01-02

This is a little weird. It wasn't really grabbing me until the final few pages of chapter 2, but it seems like this is gonna go to some pretty dark places, as if something horrible is lurking just under the surface. I can't remember who it was, but someone in here said it was a mindfuck, I think. That's why I started reading it, after all!

Usobuko

Banned
Surprised you hadn't read this yet. The characters' various reactions to such news, all pretty grounded and relatable, are the best aspects of the manga. Enjoy~

I read the first 3 stories before chalking it up as something I should continue after it's "finished". I don't know what I should read atm so I pick it up again, lol.

VRMN

Netsuzou Trap 01-02

This is a little weird. It wasn't really grabbing me until the final few pages of chapter 2, but it seems like this is gonna go to some pretty dark places, as if something horrible is lurking just under the surface. I can't remember who it was, but someone in here said it was a mindfuck, I think. That's why I started reading it, after all!

I read the first five chapters and, yeah, this is going to some deep, dark places. Which I am totally okay with...if you're going to read something that places "NTR" behind the title, you had better be, right?

Nordicus

World of Reversed Gender Roles 2 (NSFW)

The "main girl" is one hell of a horndog. Shame that there isn't a third chapter to this afaik, since her character is a fun vehicle for introducing new or now more solidified kinks and fetishes in a world where women seek sex more aggressively than men

Mandelbo

I read the first five chapters and, yeah, this is going to some deep, dark places. Which I am totally okay with...if you're going to read something that places "NTR" behind the title, you had better be, right?

I just got through chapter 5 - just how far Fujiwara is pushing Hotaru? It's fairly likely that
her eye injury was his doing, and that she's clinging to Yuma in order to escape him,
but I bet it goes deeper than that. I wonder what Takeda's gonna do next, given that it at least appears that he's out of the loop (although Fujiwara could have
shown him the picture he took
and is just feigning ignorance.)

Zweizer

Banned
World of Reversed Gender Roles 2 (NSFW)

The "main girl" is one hell of a horndog. Shame that there isn't a third chapter to this afaik, since her character is a fun vehicle for introducing new or now more solidified kinks and fetishes in a world where women seek sex more aggressively than men

Didn't notice that the second chapter got translated. Thanks for the heads up~

(NSFW) World of Reversed Gender Roles 2 by Amahara Teitoku

As always this continues to be pretty fun, especially the reversed kinks like juice waxing.

Can't wait for the next part to come out.

dani_dc

World of Reversed Gender Roles Ch 1 (NSFW)

Not too sure about this one, so far it seems like as soon as intercourse starts the girls revert back to being typical inexperience girls. And I'm not to big on the MC being a regular guy rather than having his role reversed as well.

The premise couls be fun though, hopefully chapter 2 makes something more interesting msith the concept.

i have decided NOT to pursue a comiket 88 because everything and everyone was KANCOLLE >:C

(Dat mtsp doe....)

There was no Kancolle on day #2 and not that much in day #3!

Plus day #1 was half Touhou too!

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Ch. 1-7

Regular working girl gets a VERY appreciative dragon as a maid. New manga series found and I'm loving every page.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Oh hey, I helped get Uzumaki into the new banner. Cool.
Given the lack of responses when I posted my mini-review I was wondering if anyone even read my post. :V
I'll have to look through the other manga and throw some on my plan to read list. I'll probably check out Umwelt at least, since it's so short + has interesting art.

Some quick observation about day #3 of Comiket.

People, lots of people, too many people.
It was impossible to see things and I was gave up on checking most of the A booths due to giant queues.

Getting the first train is silly unless you want to buy things you're 90% sure will sell out. Today was by far the day with the most people, but even so I got there at 10:15 and I entered around an hour later.
My friends went there on the first train, waited some 4-5 hour and entered at around 10:15.

Jump doujins were oddly close to non-existance, even popular series like One Piece didn't even have more than 5 or so booths, compared to the several rows of booths at Boys Love day.
I think Soma was the Jump series with the most representation today.

JoJo was naturally nowhere to be seen today.

Tokyo Ghoul was also absent today (compared to yesterday where it had a fair amount of work).

There were a few Prison School stuff, but mostly Meiko (including an R18 cosplay video), I think I saw a single Hana doujin.

Some amusing stuff like manga guides to Linux kernel and Hacker guides.

Lots of games but a lot of them didn't even had screenshot, just anime girls artwork, if that much. Few had videos and even less had demos (though with the sea of people that might have been wise).

Yeah, I think we'd have to cut a lot (all) of the smutty stuff.

Were the Tokyo Ghoul ones mostly BL? Why am I even kidding myself.

Man people must really like Meiko if she mostly has doujins compared to the other females.

Anyways it must of been a fun experience.

VRMN

I just got through chapter 5 - just how far Fujiwara is pushing Hotaru? It's fairly likely that
her eye injury was his doing, and that she's clinging to Yuma in order to escape him,
but I bet it goes deeper than that. I wonder what Takeda's gonna do next, given that it at least appears that he's out of the loop (although Fujiwara could have
shown him the picture he took
and is just feigning ignorance.)

If I had to guess, based on what we've seen, there's manipulation happening on all sides. Fujiwara seemed to be under the impression that
Yuma was forcing herself on Hotaru
, and it's equally possible that he's
in denial or that Hotaru lied to him for her own convenience
. It's also probably only a matter of time before Takeda is implicated in something.

dramatis

Oh hey, I helped get Uzumaki into the new banner. Cool.
Given the lack of responses when I posted my mini-review I was wondering if anyone even read my post. :V
I'll have to look through the other manga and throw some on my plan to read list. I'll probably check out Umwelt at least, since it's so short + has interesting art.
I suppose one fault here is that we don't seem to do discussion very well for finished series, as opposed to ongoing ones. Although, I would like people to read some interesting not-mainstream stuff, which is why I'm switching up the banner nowadays.

Don't be discouraged from posting lengthy mumblings. I generally notice lol

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I suppose one fault here is that we don't seem to do discussion very well for finished series, as opposed to ongoing ones. Although, I would like people to read some interesting not-mainstream stuff, which is why I'm switching up the banner nowadays.
I think the only finished series we do discuss well around here is Pun Pun. Can't think of anything else.

Urami Koi, Koi, Urami Koi. 7

This manga is good.

Zweizer

Banned

Don't be discouraged from posting lengthy mumblings. I generally notice lol

Personally I try to avoid going into specifics when discussing finished series because I'm always afraid to accidentally spoil something significant, so as a result there's not much I can talk about aside from giving general impressions.

I think the only finished series we do discuss well around here is Pun Pun. Can't think of anything else.

Yeah, there was a real reading club of Punpun in the previous thread. I'm still not sure what prompted this, but I'd like for it to happen again, lol

Marche90

Nisekoi 1-135

Up to this point, I find myself rooting for Haru. Unconventional choice, but those last chapters were great for here.

Now to keep reading this til the last chapter.

Nisekoi Oneshot

I had forgotten how great this was. No harem antics, plenty of funny moments (hello, Raku!) and an ending that leaved the door open to continue the story while still having a decent plot. Shame the series proper didn't picked up from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom