• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ch12.5

XCH6QCy.png

The Tower of Mysterion ch9

They're all in this shit.

Nagai Michi

Welp, to find this manga I had to go deep, very deep on the net, as it was done by the now defunct Jmanga.com company.

This is a light and whimsical slice of life of the author of the very awarded The Town of Evening Calm; The Country of Cherry. It uses normal panelling but given how short the stories are (3-4 pages), they are actually very similar in pace and tone to a 4-koma manga.
The story is a bit brainless/carefree but home-wifey woman who is "gifted" by his drunk father to a good for nothing man, and they chose to go with that strange arranged marriage.

You chose... wrong

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Raphtalia creeps me out because she looks like Gadget Hackwrench.

Mandelbo

Innocent Vol. 01

God the art is fantastic in this.

That ending though... That's gotta hurt! One thing about this so far is how the depictions of violence and pain all seem quite visceral, perhaps due to the explanations of human anatomy that get sprinkled throughout. There've been quite a few bits so far that I've winced at, but I expect it'll only get worse.

A demotion isn't so bad 2

i hope there's no drama or really bad things in the future

Jitsu Wa Watashi 88

Even after the main love issue is resolved and you think the manga is waning down in terms of impact, and i still spit my food out

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Aww, no update for Crunchyroll this week too?

Yeah idk, I don't *think* WSM is on a double-week break, so I don't know.

Tate no Yusha light novel translation seems to be complete, but I still don't feel compelled to finish it. I guess that movie part bothered me a lot more than I realized.

D:

God damn it, Grimace.

...what?

Numb

rereading angel densetsu again

so rough but so good

love the classic manga look for the girls especially it has tho

Dudes with scary faces who are weak/nice being misunderstood as delinquents and feared alot is always funny. Storm bringer is cool too.

I'd like to remind everyone it has been over a year since the last Hunter x Hunter chapter.

Sorry.

Not even going to bother posting in the HxH Community Thread, wouldn't want to give anyone false hope.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul: re 40

Totally down for all of them to die.

No one (important) ever dies in Tokyo Ghoul.

Innocent Vol. 01

God the art is fantastic in this.

That ending though... That's gotta hurt! One thing about this so far is how the depictions of violence and pain all seem quite visceral, perhaps due to the explanations of human anatomy that get sprinkled throughout. There've been quite a few bits so far that I've winced at, but I expect it'll only get worse.

It only gets more glorious. :D

upandaway

Flying Witch 18

That's sorta... dude, I don't know. That kinda feels like cheating to me. I don't know about that.

I don't know about that man. Don't know if I'm okay with that.

Hinamatsuri 1

Yup. This is great. Not sure where things are going with the yakuza business yet (hopefully nowhere bad) or with her origin (hopefully nowhere bad) but I love this.

Zweizer

Banned
Seems nice, this is the kind of manga where the artstyle would get my attention.

Yeah it's pretty nice. It might take a while before it ends though.

I'd like to remind everyone it has been over a year since the last Hunter x Hunter chapter.

Sorry.

Not even going to bother posting in the HxH Community Thread, wouldn't want to give anyone false hope.

We'll never forget the wave of Nisekoi avatars that ensued.

Hinamatsuri 1

Yup. This is great. Not sure where things are going with the yakuza business yet (hopefully nowhere bad) or with her origin (hopefully nowhere bad) but I love this.

It only gets better. Glad that you're enjoying it~

Hello Manga-Gaf. I'm just a lurker.

I've just read the entirety of Eden its an Endless World .What's the consensus ?

The first 4 volumes were some beautiful cybertechno-war sci/fi. That entire action setpiece is one of the better elaborated sequences i've ever had the pleasure to go through. Hiroki Endo ability to show motion in action is incredible. Such perfect space awareness.

I was very surprisded how the story evolved after the prologue. And once again how it shifts after that first arc.

The entire
new universe/end of the world scenario/humanity legacy
has been so overused that's its a little hard to be innovative in it.

A very fun and brisk read.

I've just read the entirety of Eden its an Endless World .What's the consensus ?

The first 4 volumes were some beautiful cybertechno-war sci/fi. That entire action setpiece is one of the better elaborated sequences i've ever had the pleasure to go through. Hiroki Endo ability to show motion in action is incredible. Such perfect space awareness.

I was very surprisded how the story evolved after the prologue. And once again how it shifts after that first arc.

The entire
new universe/end of the world scenario/humanity legacy
has been so overused that's its a little hard to be innovative in it.

A very fun and brisk read.

One of my favorites, though I admit the best arcs were the first three (up to volume 12?), and the first one was super memorable, with volumes 13-18 being a drop in quality, and yeah, the end itself falls down too much on a
mix of quantum technobabble and new universe/end of the world scenario/humanity legacy,
as you say, without the emotional resonance on personal drama that the fist arcs had.

Apart from the scifi angle, I like the drug angle, how the entire business is a plague in society.

Lain

I have contrasting feelings about it. Didn't like how it treated some characters or the way the story went in the second half but I liked the premise and style.

Keijo!! 45

Miyata-chan putting the dots on the i about who Nozomi belongs to. I like.

Zweizer

Banned
Shin Kurosawa ch40

Aww yeah! You did it, Kurosawa!

Shokugeki no Soma ch118.5

Ah, the most important thing for any restaurant.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dagashi Kashi 18
"Do you like boobs?"
Coconuts be all like "Is that a trick question?"

Umehara Fighting Games 3

Not sure if manga about Umehara or about Nuki, since Daigo screen time is less than Nuki.

The new Kurosawa 40

About time Kurosawa winning again.

One of my favorites, though I admit the best arcs were the first three (up to volume 12?), and the first one was super memorable, with volumes 13-18 being a drop in quality, and yeah, the end itself falls down too much on a
mix of quantum technobabble and new universe/end of the world scenario/humanity legacy,
as you say, without the emotional resonance on personal drama that the fist arcs had.

Apart from the scifi angle, I like the drug angle, how the entire business is a plague in society.

Yes , the final section was easily the worst. The stakes get too high while the characters get transformed in some kind of pawns by the end of it Especially the last volume with some very cliche final action sequence/confront and with a villain straight out of nowhere.

I have contrasting feelings about it. Didn't like how it treated some characters or the way the story went in the second half but I liked the premise and style.

Elijah ?

upandaway

Tomo-chan is a Girl! 1-10

J-just making sure, but.. um...

does... does he actually know?

maybe he thinks she's crossdressing or something? it wasn't clear to me that he actually knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom