• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shounen Jump Issue 39 Rankings:

Shokugeki no Souma (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Boku no Hero Academia
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Genjuui Toteku (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #5)
Black Clover
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Hinomaru Zumou
Toriko
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Gintama (CP)
Best Blue
Kagamigami
Bleach
Nisekoi
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Lady Justice
Devilyman
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

World Trigger (Absent)

Umibozu

Nariyuki Makase no Tengu Michi 12-13

Sad to it end, glad they expressed their feelings for each other but not the ending I was hoping for.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The spoilers are interesting but the colour page is what's exciting me.

I know where this shit is going.
Erina's dad got Joichiro expelled.

Edit:
Bonus points if he got him expelled because Joichiro was Erina's mom's one true love or some shit. Or the dad had his eyes on Soma's mom and Joichiro swooped.

Usobuko

Banned
Oni ga Warau ( One-Shot )

ndD2Bjf.jpg

It's a fairly standard story about Japanese festival folklore in a rural village and the art is pretty good. Her new series, Houjou no Hidarugami, retains the flavours of traditional Japanese tales.

Revo

Toriko 335

What?
Was this arc literally received so poorly they had to skip the rest of it? (I'd buy it)
still megakeks

UQ Holder

VgUNEyu.gif

Welp, Touta gonna destroy everyone now. And lol at that dude being as strong as Negi. Touta used Negi's Raiten Taisou 2 for like a couple of seconds and annihilated him.

Numb

I read Toriko for the dumbness like almost getting knocked out by the aura of a footprint made by a dude thousands of years ago but this is crazy. It makes no sense.

Acacia
kinda looked like that spirit monster guardian for that King in HXH

Also that
Deer King
looked like that forest spirit in Princess Mononoke

Numb

I kinda wanna read it because of this.
Tells you how OP the dudes they fight are.

Wastes no time cranking up the power levels from regular anime levels to DBZ. Give it 100 chapters till planets literally gettting cooked and eaten. For reals.

Furyous

Black Haze 120

Dammit I wanted to see more of Opion. Opion better step up and fight the tower, take back their magician and their master.

Reunite Dio with the princess so she can have a pet.

But those are tumors, not random boobs all over his body......BRING IT BACK TOGASHI!

well with the barrage of DQ games in the near future we won't be seeing HXH anytime soon

---------

On the Toriko side... I can see WSJ speeding this to only 1 and a half year

likely they might even disregard the whole space exploration thing and give it a force ending (which would suck)

also lol if we end the series without having a flashback of the 4 heavenly Kings past

Edit: Sorry for the double Post I wanted to copy this and edit it to the post above :(

It's not like it has been doing any real worse in the rankings, so I'm guessing the volume sales have been down?

the volumes sales have been decent.... I think Bleach and it share close to the same monthly sales with Bleach being 30-100k more and having sometimes 2 volumes per 2 months

Edit: Sorry for the double Post I wanted to copy this and edit it to the post above :(

the volumes sales have been decent.... I think Bleach and it share close to the same monthly sales with Bleach being 30-100k more and having sometimes 2 volumes per 2 months

Yep, went back to the previous volume's first and second week.

*3. *,223,964 *,223,964 Bleach Vol.68
*4. *,142,908 *,142,908 Toriko Vol.35

*3. 143,820 *,367,784 Bleach Vol.68
*4. *90,520 *,233,428 Toriko Vol.35

Numb

---------

On the Toriko side... I can see WSJ speeding this to only 1 and a half year

likely they might even disregard the whole space exploration thing and give it a force ending (which would suck)

also lol if we end the series without having a flashback of the 4 heavenly Kings past

I really wanna see space. Hoping they reach Gurren levels and force all reason out the window cooking galaxies and shit.

On the other hand Bleach needs to end right now so Kubo can do his next thing. Will be 1000 times more interesting just not being Bleach.
More interested to see his next thing that Kishimoto's.

Yep, went back to the previous volume's first and second week.

*3. *,223,964 *,223,964 Bleach Vol.68
*4. *,142,908 *,142,908 Toriko Vol.35

*3. 143,820 *,367,784 Bleach Vol.68
*4. *90,520 *,233,428 Toriko Vol.35
yeah I wonder if that is not Good enough and with Boku no Hero and other new series gaining ground maybe WSJ want to trim some extra fat
I really wanna see space. Hoping they reach Gurren levels and force all reason out the window cooking galaxies and shit.

On the other hand Bleach needs to end right now so Kubo can do his next thing. Will be 1000 times more interesting just not being Bleach.
More interested to see his next thing that Kishimoto's.

I too want to see all of space and I think Mitso would be great in drawing weird alien creatures

alas I think WSJ wants to pull the plug as soon as possible.... Mitso could've dragged this series and he has yet given us the backstory of the 4 Heavenly Kings

Numb

I too want to see all of space and I think Mitso would be great in drawing weird alien creatures

alas I think WSJ wants to pull the plug as soon as possible.... Mitso could've dragged this series and he has yet given us the backstory of the 4 Heavenly Kings
Amazing that the backstory is not there and can't believe it went this long without it. Overly hurried 5 chapter ones inbound.
Kubo should just become a clothes designer.

Araki got you covered. I can't help but care about Bleach and still read it and want his next stuff. With all the long faces and blank backgrounds.

maybe they finally given up on trying to make it the next best thing since one piece
they gave up on that awhile ago
the only reason we seem to see some left over hints is due to games or contracts of old getting eventually released/finished like JStars

I am guessing both Toriko and Ginatama are going to be pushed towards ending sooner then expected

Big One

Banned
I can see Toriko, Bleach and Gintama ending soon I will agree. They need room for Hero Academia and Clover in those syndicated spots. WSJ is definitely going to push both hard.

Numb

My Hero Academia is tight. I don't know why but i am not feeling Clover as much as i would like. Maybe once it gathers more chapters.
Gintama can ride on being a comedy for as long as it wants but no hope for Toriko.

Well Toriko had its over the top world building
they literally could expand on the series into a Toriko Z with Galaxy battles and people wouldn't find it odd to transision to such a scale... Gintama also had its comedy and 4th wall arcs to keep it going
both series could easily continue for more years but I can see WSJ strategically not wanting that to happen

My Hero Academia is tight. I don't know why but i am not feeling Clover as much as i would like. Maybe once it gathers more chapters.
Gintama can ride on being a comedy for as long as it wants but no hope for Toriko.

GIntama definitely seems to be approaching it's final arc. I can see maybe one more comedic story afterwards to wrap things up, but keeping it going long after the stuff happening right now would leave a bad taste imo, as much as I love the series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom