• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late (computer's still RIP) but happy birthday Akito!

256ups06.png

I want to date a big breasted wise cyclop like Dr. Hitomi
You have fine taste, but it's important that you appreciate all mono-eye, not just the big-breasted wise ones.

upandaway

Komorebi no Kuni 25

Awww.... man. That answers that question. It was really nice seeing some Rem backstory. This was adorable, I got a bit of a tingly feeling with her dad. Good guy.

Shengar

Wow so I'm reading a manga about bullying
What striferser said, he's more in denial state than bullying.
Surprisingly this manga despite being 4-koma have quite depth in its conflict (which become more clear with the latest chapter).
Late (computer's still RIP) but happy birthday Akito!

You have fine taste, but it's important that you appreciate all mono-eye, not just the big-breasted wise ones.
She was quite strange for me at first, but she quickly grew on me. I could see why big-breasted cyclop is moe.
frog-chan's birthday or akito's bday

let's do both
make akito cosplay as frog girl

Shengar

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary - Impression So Far
I was once if there is any SoL monmusu manga without harem shtick or directionless random worldbuilding stuff, this particular manga really fill my craving. It's not technically monmusu per se, but the element of it are major part of the manga, and actually play important role so far to theme that the mangaka try to convey.

Speaking of theme, the writer handled it really well. Many much of the student or the teacher monster feature utilized to get the message across in creatively unique way. We know that those problem they face are kinda unique to their own monstrous trait, but we still can understand that and relate to them. Despite many theme of the manga is about lesson of overcoming puberty, change in your life, or even life in general, the message never felt heavy handed to me.

The art is also nice and kinda have unique feel to that. It's matched with the general tone of the manga which make the read is even more enjoyable to me. I must said the style is similar to Dowman Sayman, a very mild and normal one at that.

One pet peeve of mine that I found it kinda grating is the constant yuri tease. But honestly besides the hair-teacher, Hikage and that oni Vice President, in some way or another, I can't really distinguish between girl skinship or straight up yuri.

Before I close my impression, one thing that I particularly love with Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary is how there is a small ongoing plot despite being a SoL. I really like it when a SoL do that, especially when done right and in light-hearted manner.

Zweizer

Banned
Shinozaki-san 20

gQAiQfy.png

Haha, this could apply in a couple of situations here.

Shengar, I'm looking at you.

shinozaki-san is probably my current favourite manga.

It's just so fresh~

I was once if there is any SoL monmusu manga without harem shtick or directionless random worldbuilding stuff, this particular manga really fill my craving. It's not technically monmusu per se, but the element of it are major part of the manga, and actually play important role so far to theme that the mangaka try to convey.

Speaking of theme, the writer handled it really well. Many much of the student or the teacher monster feature utilized to get the message across in creatively unique way. We know that those problem they face are kinda unique to their own monstrous trait, but we still can understand that and relate to them. Despite many theme of the manga is about lesson of overcoming puberty, change in your life, or even life in general, the message never felt heavy handed to me.

The art is also nice and kinda have unique feel to that. It's matched with the general tone of the manga which make the read is even more enjoyable to me. I must said the style is similar to Dowman Sayman, a very mild and normal one at that.

One pet peeve of mine that I found it kinda grating is the constant yuri tease. But honestly besides the hair-teacher, Hikage and that oni Vice President, in some way or another, I can't really distinguish between girl skinship or straight up yuri.

Before I close my impression, one thing that I particularly love with Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary is how there is a small ongoing plot despite being a SoL. I really like it when a SoL do that, especially when done right and in light-hearted manner.

Yeah, it's a great SoL, with outstanding art.

Thx guys and gals. I'm not that big on frog girl so here's me cosplaying as me.

9h4GvlH.jpg

So scary~

Usobuko

Banned
Hello Manga-Gaf. I'm just a lurker.

I've just read the entirety of Eden its an Endless World .What's the consensus ?

The first 4 volumes were some beautiful cybertechno-war sci/fi. That entire action setpiece is one of the better elaborated sequences i've ever had the pleasure to go through. Hiroki Endo ability to show motion in action is incredible. Such perfect space awareness.

I was very surprisded how the story evolved after the prologue. And once again how it shifts after that first arc.

The entire
new universe/end of the world scenario/humanity legacy
has been so overused that's its a little hard to be innovative in it.

A very fun and brisk read.

Someone get Haly please.

Btw, why not give Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu a shot too?

Thx guys and gals. I'm not that big on frog girl so here's me cosplaying as me.

9h4GvlH.jpg

Why does this looks like it's from Akazukin Cha Cha?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Shokugeki no Soma spoilers are VERY interesting. Cannot wait.

Seems to also kills one of the fan theories.
(That Joichiro was actually Erina's dad and that Erina/Soma were related, although I guess the mom could still be the same, although that would be weird)

Umibozu

Koi wa Amaagari no You ni 1-2

Good story so far. A high school girl who works part time in a family restaurant and has a crush on her middle aged manager. Since she has a expressionless face no one can tell how she feels and her manager thinks she thinks he's pathetic since he's old and in a dead end job.

I like that it doesn't follow a normal story arc and that it doesn't try to hard to be different either. The art style is distinct and appeasing as well. Hope the series continues and continues to see regular updates as well.

Usobuko

Banned
Koi wa Amaagari no You ni 1-2

Good story so far. A high school girl who works part time in a family restaurant and has a crush on her middle aged manager. Since she has a expressionless face no one can tell how she feels and her manager thinks she thinks he's pathetic since he's old and in a dead end job.

I like that it doesn't follow a normal story arc and that it doesn't try to hard to be different either. The art style is distinct and appeasing as well. Hope the series continues and continues to see regular updates as well.

The story doesn't drag, things happened in a pretty quick pace.

I would like to see the Manager rejecting her unless/until she puts in serious effort in courting him.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 40

[snip]
Hopefully the Yamori group and the Tatara subordinate aren't jobbers. Please don't let it be and I especially don't want the mysterious Ghoul at the end to be a jobber.
That mysterious Ghoul is totally gonna job to Saiko's humongous kagune. Gonna be totally awesome.

jonjonaug

EDIT: Never mind. But yes, Hitomi's Infirmary is amazing. Are you reading the scanlations? The series is available in English officially, so you should pick it up if you haven't.

Shengar

EDIT: Never mind. But yes, Hitomi's Infirmary is amazing. Are you reading the scanlations? The series is available in English officially, so you should pick it up if you haven't.

Sadfuly I'm not living in the US and importing will be very prohibitive. I can only hop it'll have an anime, become more popular so it can licensed in my country.

jonjonaug

Sadfuly I'm not living in the US and importing will be very prohibitive. I can only hop it'll have an anime, become more popular so it can licensed in my country.

Ah, ok.

Did you read chapter 12 yet? It's one of my favorite chapters, so I'm curious to hear your opinions of it.

That mysterious Ghoul is totally gonna job to Saiko's humongous kagune. Gonna be totally awesome.

I can't see that happening because why would Ishida just suddenly draw a menacing Ghoul at the end just for him to job to Saiko. Im also considering the fact that Saiko seems to have a strong Kagune but it seems to take a lot of energy and time to use it. From the auction arc the only reason she got Nutcracker was because she was already immobilized by Shirazu. So what I can see happening is that she'll probably get a attack in but that won't be enough to take down the Ghoul because we have to consider her low stamina and terrible speed. Plus the Ghoul confronting her seems pretty fast, insane, and strong. I mean the guy has God written all over his tie.

The next chapter is called Hello Despair so I can't see the Ghoul jobbing otherwise it would be disappointing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yuusuke Murata's Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows cover.
The store didn't have the covers from Mr. Nightow or Mr. Terada, but this is the one I wanted most anyways.
Looks so good.

God, I wish there were a way to get him on a Spidey book. Even if it was only a mini-series.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Weird. Why was there no updates from WSM this week? They were off last week...

Umibozu

The story doesn't drag, things happened in a pretty quick pace.

I would like to see the Manager rejecting her unless/until she puts in serious effort in courting him.

You're theory is probably more accurate but I could see the series moving in the direction where their misunderstandings continue for some hilarity, but in the end no romance grows between them.
Instead they both grow as they get to know each other and the girl ends up moving forward in her life without her ever expressing her feelings for him. The series ends with a open ending without a resolution between their feelings (due to how society would view their relationship if they were to enter one).

Tokyo Ghoul:re 40

I can't see that happening because why would Ishida just suddenly draw a menacing Ghoul at the end just for him to job to Saiko. Im also considering the fact that Saiko seems to have a strong Kagune but it seems to take a lot of energy and time to use it. From the auction arc the only reason she got Nutcracker was because she was already immobilized by Shirazu. So what I can see happening is that she'll probably get a attack in but that won't be enough to take down the Ghoul because we have to consider her low stamina and terrible speed. Plus the Ghoul confronting her seems pretty fast, insane, and strong. I mean the guy has God written all over his tie.

The next chapter is called Hello Despair so I can't see the Ghoul jobbing otherwise it would be disappointing.

Good points.. except for the tie, I don't trust what people's clothes say, ha!
Still, I find Mutsuki's situation more worrying than Saiko's. It was already a pleasant surprise to see that Mutsuki has become such a decent fighter, so I don't expect him to surprise us again in this battle. I don't think he has a trump card, like Saiko's kagune might be. And while we don't know anything about the mysterious Ghoul (only that he looks dangerous), we can be certain that Tatara's direct subordinate will be badass (and Torso is still there...)

But yeah, I hope the mysterious Ghoul will put up a good show (I just think Saiko will escape after temporarily disabling him with a short but powerful outburst of her kagune).

Regarding Urie, I bet he's going to get his ass kicked by whoever is assigned to Kanae's protection. Shirazu better get his act together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom