• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GIntama definitely seems to be approaching it's final arc. I can see maybe one more comedic story afterwards to wrap things up, but keeping it going long after the stuff happening right now would leave a bad taste imo, as much as I love the series

yup Gintama has already set itself on the path to its endgame.... usually we have a couple of comedic mini arcs (with some side sad arcs) in between but we just literally had 4+ serious arcs in a row

yup Gintama has already set itself on the path to its endgame.... usually we have a couple of comedic mini arcs (with some side sad arcs) in between but we just literally had 4+ serious arcs in a row

Agreed. At best we'll get one more comedic epilogue type arc after this, but even that's uncertain

Numb

GIntama definitely seems to be approaching it's final arc. I can see maybe one more comedic story afterwards to wrap things up, but keeping it going long after the stuff happening right now would leave a bad taste imo, as much as I love the series

It could keep going if it felt like it where others have it harder. Mangas ending is a good thing. Just need to remember that it doesn't mean that's the end of that author in my case. Didn't realize Gantz and Kenichi's authors started new ones till just a while ago. Always need to remind myslef to check back with the mangas i finished and what those guys do as their next project.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ

I find this entire series annoying by virtue of it being a giant fucken tease of whatever was supposed to have actually happened at the end of Mahou Sensei Negima.

Courtesy of Zettai Karen Children -THE UNLIMITED- Hyoubu Kyousuke - WANDERER 02

he doesn't have powers anymore

oh nevermind, he gets them back

THE END

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Umwelt - fin.

aUDajsO.png

So this was a pretty neat one-shot. Rough, scratchy art can be a little hit or miss for me, but there's still a good amount of detail here. It's a nice balance, and there's more than a few amazing looking panels. The concept of umwelt is actually kind of interesting and frog girl going hard in the paint was amusing. Worth a few minutes of your time.

dani_dc

So finally had a few minutes to sit down, so here's the rest of my Comiket pickups.

All of the stuff being sold at Dowman's booth.

Katawa Shoujo and the art book they were selling with it. Now hopefully Panda can stop bullying me to get it.

Really neat Splatoon bag made by Kitsuneko Anko(Hanairogaeru), haven't played the game yet but I just couldn't resist getting this. The booth also had a Splatoon doujin but I didn't get it (you can check the artist twitter if you're curious, but I'll warn you it's extremely NSFW)

Some neat SMT pins (technically these pins are my only pick up of the first day but yeah)
And finally a free Muv-Luv poster which isn't particularly safe for work. Thanks for Panda for letting me know they were going to do a give away of this poster! I would had missed it otherwise. Had to rush from the East Hall to the West hall as it was!

Day #2 pickups, for those that missed it, are here.

That's all of the stuff I picked up at Comiket!
Wish I had gotten more, but budget reasons (as well as the mess that the place was) stopped me from doing so.

Tama-chan!!

she's an average student, he looks like the most terrifying thing out there, she reaches out to him, then they switch bodies

cute oneshot, nothing haven't seen before in the characters but it was nice

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece- I actually teared up a bit on this chapter. We gotta have sentimental moments everynow and then. And with that, the loose threads are done, time to get the fuck out of this place.

Bleach MAYURI IS THE BEST! I swear this was the best Bleach chapter in ages.

Toriko

What was that thing at the end? The demon?

One Piece

This kind of reminds of the happy ending in Witcher 3 in a strange kind of way. Except Rebecca is nothing like Ciri of course...

Zweizer

Banned
Angel Densetsu

these old delinquent mangas are the best

It's amazing how the jokes never get old. Kitano too good.

So finally had a few minutes to sit down, so here's the rest of my Comiket pickups.

Katawa Shoujo and the art book they were selling with it. Now hopefully Panda can stop bullying me to get it.

Really neat Splatoon bag made by Kitsuneko Anko(Hanairogaeru), haven't played the game yet but I just couldn't resist getting this. The booth also had a Splatoon doujin but I didn't get it (you can check the artist twitter if you're curious, but I'll warn you it's extremely NSFW)

Some neat SMT pins (technically these pins are my only pick up of the first day but yeah)

And finally a free Muv-Luv poster which isn't particularly safe for work. Thanks for Panda for letting me know they were going to do a give away of this poster! I would had missed it otherwise. Had to rush from the East Hall to the West hall as it was!

Wish I had gotten more, but budget reasons (as well as the mess that the place was) stopped me from doing so.

Heheh, I saw most of these on your Twitter, but I didn't imagine the bag to be so big. Nice haul, even if a little lacking in h~

upandaway

My Hero Academia ch1

This was really really good. Definitely interested. It was great.

The setting plays to Horikoshi's strengths too, that guy's crazy with his one-off character. Now I'm wondering how this will work, he must have at least remembered Mx0 when writing this.

dr labson

Neo Member
Happiness (Oshimi Shuzo) Ch 6 - 7

God, this manga is so good. I wish this was a weekly series.
This is probably one of my top ongoing mangas right now.
I'm also still waiting for the MC's thirst for blood to become a (bigger) problem.

Komorebi no Kuni 27-29

Festival looked great (continuing with the amazing costumes from before), and that Ryuryu kick during the play was particularly well placed. The knight dealt with it so well too, admirable guy.

The festival made it clear just how happy I am that this manga is in color. It was really really nice.
Yeah, that part has basically my favourite art from any manga. Also IIRC you started reading this in the 18th century, how the hell have you not finished it yet? Gotta sort your priorities out man.

upandaway

Yeah, that part has basically my favourite art from any manga. Also IIRC you started reading this in the 18th century, how the hell have you not finished it yet? Gotta sort your priorities out man.
Only just got back to it (and everything else) now after about a year. Wasn't in the mood to read any calm slice of life stuff in the middle of hectic school. Now that I'm used to it though I can probably keep up manga through the semester.

There wasn't too much to forget but I did go over all the chapters up to 25 before continuing. It's such a nice manga.

upandaway

My Hero Academia 2

Oh haha okay then, that was not what I expected
(it's way better)
. Suddenly 10 month rocky montage. Can't wait for the reactions.

But hopefully we get some more details about the abilities. I don't understand if the only way to get it is from parents or if it's possible to be born with a unique one (otherwise how come that just stopped happening)

Black Hat

I'm hoping this Gintama heading towards endgame situation is a typical Sorachi troll... having said that I'm not keeping up with the manga (just the anime at this point).

Really though, I just don't want it to end :(

Lain

Nice stuff, especially the Dowman items.

Zweizer

Banned
Gokicha!! ch47

Got to wonder how she managed to survive this far.

Shokugeki no Soma ch130.3-130.4

Poor Tadokoro, always the victim.

upandaway

My Hero Academia v1

I'll go with the obvious but that's definitely the strongest opening to a Jump shonen I've seen in a long while, leagues above most of the 200x era battle manga. I don't think there's any aspect I don't like I about v1 at least. And that american comics influence is so real, I wonder if One-punchman had any effect.

Anyway it's got a really good feeling going on right now. A ton of likable characters. All I need now is for Deku to show off his muscles a bit more often.

Usobuko

Banned
Weekly Sales:

*1. 532,838 1,303,995 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.17
*2. 371,702 *,371,702 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.16
*3. 225,057 *,225,057 Dungeon Meshi Vol.2
*4. 198,112 *,818,076 Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki
*5. 196,939 *,196,939 Chihayafuru Vol.28
*6. 154,329 *,154,329 Handa-kun Vol.4
*7. 137,767 *,677,282 Haikyuu!! Vol.17
*8. 113,795 *,393,986 One Punch-Man Vol.9
*9. 112,387 *,113,744 Yume no Shizuku Kin no Torikago Vol.7
10. *96,000 *,388,899 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.14

11. *93,631 *,230,042 Prison School Vol.18
12. *89,560 *,373,591 Bleach Vol.69
13. *86,154 *,181,548 Yowamushi Pedal Vol.41
14. *85,248 *,*85,248 Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Vol.8
15. *85,094 *,195,512 Five Star Monogatari Vol.13
16. *77,050 *,306,880 Nisekoi Vol.19
17. *72,230 *,*72,230 Tokyo Tarareba-jou Vol.3
18. *65,389 *,*65,389 Gakkougurashi! Vol.6
19. *64,105 *,287,854 Gintama Vol.60
20. *62,863 *,684,054 Kimi ni Todoke Vol.24

21. *60,552 *,255,357 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.5
22. *52,114 *,*63,109 ReLIFE Vol.4
23. *47,473 2,748,081 One Piece Vol.78
24. *44,674 *,*44,674 Haru Matsu Bokura Vol.3
25. *44,123 *,*44,123 Mayoe! Nanatsu no Taizai Gakuen! Vol.2
26. *42,096 *,*42,096 Ao Natsu Vol.5
27. *38,020 *,*75,913 Baki-Dou Vol.7
28. *37,562 *,170,868 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.17 Limited Edition
29. *37,298 *,*73,611 Yozakura Quartet Vol.17
30. *36,719 *,496,187 Kingdom Vol.39

31. *36,058 *,376,801 Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu. Vol.9
32. *33,768 1,806,560 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.16
33. *32,789 *,*71,527 Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall Vol.6
34. *32,536 *,*68,762 Sword Art Online: Progressive Vol.4
35. *31,129 *,*31,467 Totsuzen desu ga, Ashita Kekkon shimasu Vol.3
36. *30,896 *,*98,441 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan Vol.14
37. *29,162 *,*29,162 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.16 Limited Edition
38. *28,257 *,*28,482 Kaori no Keishou Vol.1
39. *27,657 *,*27,883 Kaori no Keishou Vol.2
40. *27,407 *,*64,359 Trinity Seven: 7-nin no Masho Tsukai Vol.12

41. *26,875 *,*58,072 Yowamushi Pedal Koushiki Anthology: Houkago Pedal Vol.3
42. *25,671 *,*25,879 Hidoku Shinaide Plus+
43. *25,589 *,370,993 Uchuu Kyoudai Vol.26
44. *24,321 *,858,796 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.15
45. *24,263 *,428,823 Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Vol.26
46. *23,567 *,*33,199 Abnormal-kei Joshi Vol.3
47. *22,115 *,*40,167 Touhou Suzunaan: Forbidden Scrollery. Vol.4
48. *21,851 *,*22,022 SP x Baby Vol.1
49. *21,197 *,*21,197 Boku wa Mari no Naka Vol.6
50. *20,840 *,381,614 Dungeon Meshi Vol.1

Happy for the talented Kui Ryoko, Dungeon Meshi succeeded as a mix of foodie connoisseur and dungeon crawling shenanigans. Helps that the wacky cast can be adorable at times too.

Looks like Akiko Higashimura's new manga is pretty successful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom