• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Gokiburi Busters One-Shot (Murata Redrawn Version)

lol

Toriko 335

Nothing really happened here that makes sense right now, but nice drawings.

Shengar

I've never been so mad before from not being able to buy a manga.
Fuck this, this remind me why manga collecting become a love-hate thing for me.

Zweizer

Banned
Weekly Sales:

Happy for the talented Kui Ryoko, Dungeon Meshi succeeded as a mix of foodie connoisseur and dungeon crawling shenanigans. Helps that the wacky cast can be adorable at times too.

Looks like Akiko Higashimura's new manga is pretty successful too.

Great sales for Dungeon Meshi. Didn't expect Abnormal Kei-joshi to be that popular, but I guess I can't fault people for liking crazy girls. Looks like Monster Musume got a bump as well, most likely thanks to the anime.

Now if only translations for Dungeon Meshi weren't so damn slow to come out...

cntr

Banned
One Piece 797

Cute chapter. I don't hate Rebecca as much as some people do, so I'm pretty okay with this for the Kyros.

Usobuko

Banned
Haru no Ko ( One Shot )

ovAEYOC.png

short and (bitter)sweet.

Kurita

Great sales for Dungeon Meshi. Didn't expect Abnormal Kei-joshi to be that popular, but I guess I can't fault people for liking crazy girls. Looks like Monster Musume got a bump as well, most likely thanks to the anime.

I saw ads for it in the subway so I guess it has fans.

klaushm

One Piece 797
Good chapter. It was funny, and what I was expecting.

SPOILER
Zoro been Zoro was soo laughable

Boku no Hero Academia 55
Most of it recents chapters were AWESOME.
This one was pretty good until the ending.
I think it was forced.

Weekly Sales:

Happy for the talented Kui Ryoko, Dungeon Meshi succeeded as a mix of foodie connoisseur and dungeon crawling shenanigans. Helps that the wacky cast can be adorable at times too.

Was hoping BLack Clover would be able to have two weeks on this, maybe v3. It could get to over 100K at that volume.

Shengar

Ah, ok.

Did you read chapter 12 yet? It's one of my favorite chapters, so I'm curious to hear your opinions of it.

To be honest, I'm not paying attention to that chapter. Even I'm quite neglecting it due to leaning on metajokes. I have aversion to that kind of stuff recently. Too many writer employ metajoke hoping their games, manga, or book become automatically have better comedy because while in fact it doesn't.

Despite that, I just rereading chapter 12 again to give it a fair shake. In the end I'm quite like it. What the chapter convey is consistent with the overall theme of the manga where people due to their individual unique trait, able to perceive the world in a way that others can't, literally. The highlight of this chapter though isn't just how the message told via Utsui and Hikage monstrous trait, but their interest on manga or perhaps fiction as well. I really like the end message, of how fictional character shouldn't care if their world is a fake or not. Such advice if heed by more authors will result in fictional character that is believable, at least in the context of their own world.

Raxus

Bleach

180px-Wave_of_Babies.PNG

One Piece

Rebecca's storyline may have been a mess but I did get a tiny bit emotional with this because the message rings so true. Looks like we are about wrapped up for Dressrosa.

bobohoro

Bleach 639

The enemy is a left hand! And a left hand!!...and another left hand!!!

Made me chuckle. Even the liner notes can't take this seriously anymore. And that hyper sensitive, mulliskinlayered baby is somewhat...really dumb.

One Piece 797

Well I guess that's it for Rebecca/Kyros, maybe Oda makes some better side characters for the next arc. Probably will have another 2 chapters detailing post-dressarossa and then have something big (new wanted posters?) at 800.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Weekly Sales:

Nice to see Dungeon Meshi getting the recognition it deserve, It's so good.

==============================================================

Toco Toco television program interviewing Kendi Oiwa. first half show him taking JR chuo line, while the 2nd part is about his work station/atelier. It's interesting to see that his assistant work from home and using internet to communicate, since most of the time, we usually see assistants work in mangaka place. He also use digital to edit and ink his manga, but i guess that is more common for present mangaka.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...he-nhk-kendi-oiwa-tours-his-work-space/.91865

https://youtu.be/i1S4PYIyCLM

Sai

Boku dake ga Inai Machi

Feels like he was speakin' my mind. The guy was a clear suspect from the beginning, but you didn't want to think it was him.

Since they have tank scans, I hope they go through it quickly.

Akito

More like if someone would step in to edit it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jonjonaug

Is there any good manga on age-gap romance?

Oresama Teacher is great, although it's not strictly a romance manga and the scalation group that works on it has since stopped (they've been overtaken by the official release anyway).

Otoyomegatari has an age gap romance as the "central" couple. It also has some of the best/most detailed art you'll ever see in a manga.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma Spoilers:

lol the Cat Girl in Shokugeki has some lines in the next chapter, apparently
KuGsj.gif

Cat girl is on the color page. She basically is an onee-san type character (which might be why she literally looks like Soma's sister) Turns out there is no secret scheme between Tsukasa and Kuga, its just part of character development for Kuga; the previous festival the same kind of competition happened with Tsukasa and Kuga, except after Kuga earned the Shokugeki, Tsukasa completely wrecked Kuga in the Shokugeki afterwards. The "deal" was that Tsukasa would agree to another Shokugeki if Kuga won all 5 days. Cat Girl then takes Soma on a "date" to see Tsukasa's booth. (Yes she has cat fangs)

Shengar

Taiyou no Ie
I want younger boy-older girl couple, but maybe I should give it a try anyway.
Oresama Teacher is great, although it's not strictly a romance manga and the scalation group that works on it has since stopped (they've been overtaken by the official release anyway).

Otoyomegatari has an age gap romance as the "central" couple. It also has some of the best/most detailed art you'll ever see in a manga.

Yeah Otoyomegatari is a good one.

I prefer modern setting, but thanks. This will push me to read it now.

dani_dc

Heheh, I saw most of these on your Twitter, but I didn't imagine the bag to be so big. Nice haul, even if a little lacking in h~

The bag is big enough to carry a few doujins.

Maybe next time I go and now with a better idea of what to expect, I'll look at the h-stuff a bit more closely

Nice stuff, especially the Dowman items.

There was nothing to think about regarding Dowman, I'm divided about him not having more works there!

Shengar

Restoring artworks can be artistically challenging and tedious at the same time.

Game Over (MIZUTANI Fuka)
Natsu no Zenjitsu
EDIT: The Lady of Udon
Already read the first and it was cute and heartwarming. Gonna check the other two.
Minamoto-kun Monogatari, Puppy Lovers and Do You Like Big Girls? are what you're looking for.
The first and the last isn't what I'm looking for since I already read the former and I read the impression of the latter. The second it is then

Zweizer

Banned
Drawing the lilies is Mikorin's job, I assume

Doing a great job as usual~

Maybe next time I go and now with a better idea of what to expect, I'll look at the h-stuff a bit more closely

Please do!

The first and the last isn't what I'm looking for since I already read the former and I read the impression of the latter. The second it is then

You don't like big girls?

dat list....+rep

also, does anyone else feel like a lot of manga are in "end game" mode lately, or is it just me?

Got to free some space for the new series.

Shengar

You should bought some Butcha-U stuffs
Also, what date is it when you goes to Mizuryuland?
Please shen, Zweizer's twitter is nothing compared to lain (or DTL). It's so lewd I can't even link to it
I thought you make an edit because you linked to Lain's twitter before
You don't like big girls?

I prefer older girls ( ≖‿≖)

Gintama 554

Speaking of endgame shit lol at the life stream... some FF7 endgame shit

Also main good guy that inspired a bunch of people is transformed into a new chosen evil

Planet is about to be devoured too.... Both Toriko and Gintama are reaching similar conclusions but with their own tastes

nice way to trick of up Shouyou

dani_dc

You should bought some Butcha-U stuffs
Also, what date is it when you goes to Mizuryuland?

It was too overwhelming! I pretty much gave up trying to navigate and just let myself walk randomly. Didn't help that I spent an hour trying to find a bag, somehow I missed the official one being sold right at the entrance of the halls...
19th of April was the date!

upandaway

My Hero Academia (USJ arc)

Finished it just now. Really intense, really love the direction they're taking. Think I'll take this opportunity to stop for now, I'm really spent after so much edge of the seat action.

Frog girl was easily the star for this one. She's amazing, best girl. Also loved invisible girl, Tokyo Goul guy, sexy girl, and this amazing duder. This manga has so many likable characters packed together.

Think I'm just about satisfied with Deku throwing a limb after one use. We can safely move on from that, thanks.

Mysteries that aren't "official" mysteries yet that I'm dying to find out:
- Who gave All Might his injury (it looks nuts)
- Who All Might borrowed the power from/how it happened
- How an anime could possibly deal with All Might's independent artstyle. It makes the entire character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom