• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Gamma ch20 (End)

Outside from some nice action scenes and the occasional yuri, there wasn't really anything worthwhile to this mishmash of references to the most well-known superheroes and their tropes in fiction.

Shoujo Shikkaku ch4

So much for that.

upandaway

My Hero Academia

http://i.imgur.com/zdnS0ZC.png

O7DyISD.png

Shengar

I'm really mad because I still can't buy Nozaki-kun vol. 3 and 4.
At least I got Yotsubato! to remedy that
Until I remember it will be a long time before the next, sad chapter ;__;

upandaway

My Hero Academia Sports Festival (44)

Glad we finally put the brakes on all or nothing. I'm surprised it took her this long to put her foot down, it's been long overdue. I still adore the ability but that's enough bone breaking. That said if we start another villain arc then it's not like he's got a choice, so I'unno.

Really love the brand of drama that the series has, some great one-liners, and action's amazing as usual, but I'm hoping for comedy to do a comeback now that the tournament is over. For a Jump tournament it was relatively lean and focused so I had tons of fun.

As far as the other students outside of class go I wasn't really going crazy for anyone, a couple of good ones (gadget girl) but mostly my top peeps are still in the main class. I feel bad for brainwash dude but I have no clue how you can write a manga with him in it, his powers are not suited to the story at all.

dani_dc

So today I went to Prison School collaboration cafe at Lock up!

The first thing I noticed when entering was that there was nothing Prison School related in the restaurant itself besides the special menu.
Worst, I was not even given the Prison School special menu!
After checking online that I was in the right place I had to request the Prison School special menu myself.

Prison School Special Menu said:

I suppose they don't expect foreigners to be interested in Prison School, and might even be afraid that the menu might ruin the foreigners "lock up experience".
Uncensored NSFW version of Prison School Menu here.

As for the order, I went with "First meal at Prison" for my main dish and, most importantly, Hana's Medusa for my drink.

Each time they brought you a Prison School menu item, you would be able to take out a random Prison School themed coaster.

So they bring my Hana's Medusa and I try my luck... and I get best girl Hana coaster!

Hana's Coaster and extremely happy dani said:

The presentation on Hana's Medusa was great, it came with some flowers and a few sweet gummies.

Hana's Medusa said:

Best Girl Hana and her drink said:

Yet what striked me the most about Hana's Medusa was it's very pleasant urine look.
Had I not known better and I would had thought it was real urine.
Unfortunately It did not taste like urine, instead having a rather sweet taste to it.

Not actually Urine said:

When the "First meal in Prison" arrived I had a chance at trying another coaster, and this time I got Best Bro Gakuto.

The food was ok. Nothing amazing.

Also grabbed the free digest of Prison School
Which actually features a short story at the end of the digest!
I can't read it but it seems like it might be some sort fictitious "making-off" of Prison School.

There's one NSFW page so if you want to see the entire thing just click here.
Since it's part of the free digest hopefully it's ok to post it.

upandaway

My Hero Academia (caught up)

Almost the end of an arc too. Deku hopping around was great, not much to say about it otherwise though. I was expecting a tease encounter but it ended up being a full on fight.

Umibozu

Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 4
Things seem to keep getting worse for them, hope his friend doesn't join the fishes

phaze

I don't think I would manage to gobble up that drink. lol

Takemitsu Zamurai END

That was really great. Matsumoto's panel work and art are all very engaging and unconventional, as is the way the story is told. The final fight can sit alongside Sword of the Stranger's final fight as one of the best sword fights ever. It's not much more then a simple samurai with a dark past tale but the execution is masterful.

Sounds good, will give it a try soon.

(Provided I manage to get used to that artstyle. ;o)

Kishimoto has decided on the genre of his next manga and he aims to surpass Naruto with it.

Source: manga news Japon

Oh dear.

Kishimoto has decided on the genre of his next manga and he aims to surpass Naruto with it.

UNless it takes things further than he did with SasuNaru then Ill probably skip this series. I dont want another noncaonical pairing written by him again for the ending of another series. It was awful.

And if its sci-fi, no way will it surpass the storytelling mastery that Daisuke Ashihara shows us week after week with World Trigger.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UNless it takes things further than he did with SasuNaru then Ill probably skip this series. I dont want another noncaonical pairing written by him again for the ending of another series. It was awful.

And if its sci-fi, no way will it surpass the storytelling mastery that Daisuke Ashihara shows us week after week with World Trigger.

I love how this comes off like a threat. :lol

yeah apparently a article on Kotaku says it will be a SciFi series
http://kotaku.com/whats-next-for-narutos-creator-a-sci-fi-manga-perhaps-1725296543
But what about another weekly manga?

“That’t definitely not happening,” he replied, adding, “I do feel like drawing manga.” Kishimoto mentioned that things like deadlines and the difficulty of doing a weekly manga. When asked if he was going to, then, do a monthly manga, Kishimoto replied that he was interested in digital publication Shonen Jump Plus, because it offered more freedom with page counts and publication dates.

So, what kind of manga is he keen to do next?

“I’ve already decided what I’m doing for my next work,” Kishimoto replied. “While I was still doing Naruto, I thought about various things for material, and for the next one, I’m thinking I’m going to do science-fiction.”

“It hasn’t all been worked out, and I haven’t showed my editor yet, but I’ve already designed the characters.” Kishimoto added that the main character is unlike what you’ve seen before.

“Since Naruto was a bigger hit than I could ever imagine,” Kishimoto said, “I’d like to aim for the next hit. I don’t know when I can announce the next manga, but because I plan on challenging myself to surpass Naruto, please wait for it.”

Takemitsu Zamurai END

That was really great. Matsumoto's panel work and art are all very engaging and unconventional, as is the way the story is told. The final fight can sit alongside Sword of the Stranger's final fight as one of the best sword fights ever. It's not much more then a simple samurai with a dark past tale but the execution is masterful.

A book i'd recommend to anyone.

My Hero Academia better be good because I ordered it on Amazon.

It depends on what you mean by good because I think the series is decent like it doesn't do anything unique or out there. It's basically your everyday standard Battle Shonen series from WSJ. It's generic and filled with repetitive tropes, not to say this in itself makes it bad but it doesn't make it great by any means.

All in all Hero Academia is not great but not bad, it's just a decent Battle Shonen.

cntr

Banned
My Hero Academia 55
Thank you, Stain for your...heroic actions?

MHA is incredible. It's battle shounen refined.

One Piece 797
As others said, I nearly choked when Luffy told Rebecca to come with him.

NY Times Top Manga Sellers for August 9th - 15th

*1. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.7
*2. Naruto Vol.71
*3. My Hero Academia Vol.1
*4. One Piece Vol.75
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Assassination Classroom Vol.5
*7. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Vol.3
*8. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma Vol.7
*9. Dragonar Academy Vol.7
10. Akame ga Kill! Vol.3

Previous week rankings
*1. Naruto Vol.71
*2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Vol.3
*3. One Piece Vol.75
*4. My Hero Academia Vol.1
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Fairy Tail Vol.49
*7. No Game, No Life Vol.2
*8. Attack on Titan Vol.1
*9. Seraph of the End Vol.1
10. Akame ga Kill! Vol.3

NY Times Top Manga Sellers for August 9th - 15th

*1. Monster Musume: Everyday Life With Monster Girls Vol.7
*2. Naruto Vol.71
*3. My Hero Academia Vol.1
*4. One Piece Vol.75
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Assassination Classroom Vol.5
*7. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Vol.3
*8. Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma Vol.7
*9. Dragonar Academy Vol.7
10. Akame ga Kill! Vol.3

Previous week rankings
*1. Naruto Vol.71
*2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood Vol.3
*3. One Piece Vol.75
*4. My Hero Academia Vol.1
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. Fairy Tail Vol.49
*7. No Game, No Life Vol.2
*8. Attack on Titan Vol.1
*9. Seraph of the End Vol.1
10. Akame ga Kill! Vol.3

Monster girl power

Which would you reccomend?

The first one I watched was Smile Precure! and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Basically felt like a magical girl shounen.

People have recommend to me to watch Heartcatch Precure.

Currently watching Go! Princess Precure as its currently airing and I'm liking it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom