• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Breaking Risa's heart is bad enough, especially after all the hard work she put in to get him back to normal. :(

Loving Risa's new haircut, btw.

Zweizer

Banned
Dekoboko Girlish ch11.5-11.6

Woah the lack of shading makes things so much different.

Also, they should just kiss already.

Charade

Love Preparation by Takemiya Jin

Another oneshot, this one with a pretty typical childhood friend thing. And the ending was also somewhat abrupt, but I hear there's a continuation.

Zweizer

Banned
Delicious Time (One-shot) by Takemiya Jin

Yeah, it's nothing spectacular and the prejudice is rather bizarre, but the various blushing faces are cute.

Revo

World Customize Creator 9

Feels like it's missing like 2 pages at the end. Oh well. Just waiting for one of the people he picked to be a traitor.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa vol 1

I really like the character art. Everyone has such a nice smile, especially Mikan. Also supernatural creature antics, so yay!

Zweizer

Banned
Hanayashiki no Juunintachi ch1

Premise sounds alright and main girl seems pretty good but I hope this won't devolve into yet another cookie-cutter harem manga.

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo 14

Normally I would expect great things to happen here, but I kinda doubt it. Probably some mask play happens quickly.

Zweizer

Banned
Hanayashiki no Juunintachi ch2

Looks like it's more a drama than comedy harem. That's good, I guess?

Jitsu wa Watashi wa vol 1

I really like the character art. Everyone has such a nice smile, especially Mikan. Also supernatural creature antics, so yay!

Welcome to the club where everyone is best girl!

Charade

Mix 21

Well this was really good

now, if only there were people able to help with the releases...

Why, whatever are you talking about?

OPM Vol. 5 Extra

8zxDpO1.png

Shameless product placement.

UberTag

Well I didn't think it was creepy as much as an interesting way to show a character with some kind of multiple personality disorder. Not sure how I feel now.
Given Oshimi Shuzo's pedigree, this is still relatively tame territory for him.
What better way to showcase a character's two personalities getting to know one another better than a creepy masturbation scene with a giant mirror?

kasane

How I Became a Pokemon Card 01

Stories about the illustrations behind certain Pokemon cards from the old days.

A sweet story of Dratini and learning about humans and friendship.

what kind of stories? stories about the pokemon and how they became a card or stories from the artist on how he drew them

wait the latter doesnt make sense

what kind of stories? stories about the pokemon and how they became a card or stories from the artist on how he drew them

wait the latter doesnt make sense

Basically a story behind the illustration of said Pokemon card. Like why is that Dratini taking care of a sprout.

-------------------------------------------------

How I Became a Pokemon Card 02

I shouldn't have been so surprised that Team Rocket were more evil pranksters than the evil force they are in other adaptations.

I think the end of the story illustration of what-ifs are pretty good too.

does the best girl always lose because we're rooting for the underdog? Or is it just that Japan is so awful at making good MCs and the side characters are always better?

Revo

MCs need to be as bland as possible to attract their respective gender to place themselves onto them.

Thus side characters get all the cool stuff. Usually.

scy

Pfft.

Surface pro and nexus 7 master race here.

Don't fall for that apple hype.

I have a Galaxy S5 to cover my android bases and then I just prefer the app store selection from Apple as far as a tablet is concerned.

does the best girl always lose because we're rooting for the underdog? Or is it just that Japan is so awful at making good MCs and the side characters are always better?

A little of both, probably.

ONE PIECE (Vol. 01): Romance Dawn

So this is my third attempt to try and get back into the series, the first time going through the manga while the second time I tried with the anime. As much as I love Ranma 1/2 for getting me into anime and manga, I actually have to give the credit of actually introducing me to anime was in fact ONE PIECE (and before anyone asks, yes, it was the 4Kids dub). Upon watching it, a billion different questions, such as 'Why aren't there voices matching their mouths?', 'Why does that dude have a sword in his mouth?', and 'Why is everyone so friggin' tall?'. As many questions as I had though, I couldn't stop watching it... up until I moved to a new house and didn't have the luxury of cable TV or internet access and totally forgot it existed. I've always loved pirates and pirate lore, and this always looked like a very fun, energized, and unique take on them. Due to the fact that it's easier to read through manga faster than anime, as well as not being sure how accurate the anime is when adapting the storylines, I've decided to start buying and marathon each volume in hopes of catching up by the end of the year. Granted a know a decent chunk of the basics, I'll try going through this with a fresh perspective.
--------------------

This volume is basically Luffy starting on his adventure to find "One Piece" and become King of the Pirates. Before he can do that though, he needs to get himself a crew, and he spends most of this volume just recruiting a single member. This is where Roronoa Zolo Zoro comes into the picture. Zoro is a pirate bounty hunter with a badass name and an even more badass offense in the form of three swords (one in each hand, and one in his mouth. He gets a pretty decent backstory in regards to him wanting to be the greatest swordsman in the world, though it's kinda disappointing when we didn't get to see him in action much. The final chapter introduces Nami and gives us a sneak peak at a new enemy There was also this kid named Koby, but I honestly didn't give a crap about him and I'm glad he left once Zoro joined the group.

I found the villains in this volume to be just OK, despite having really cool designs. That's actually something I really like about the series is the character designs. Even though the series gets a bit of flack for how the a good chunk of the women share the same "impossible hourglass" figure throughout the series, I think there's a decent amount of variety and creativity in this series, with the first villain Alvida being a very "large and in charge" woman in terms of design. I also really like the facial expressions,. They're very exaggerated and funny, in the same vein as Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and sets the tone for the series very well.

Overall this was a fun introduction to the series albeit with one rather uninteresting character. It establishes itself very well for what it is, and I'm expecting more fun in the future.

Nana to Kaoru Black Label 42

GODDAMN.
FINALLY.

Nana to Kaoru Black Label 43-45 END

Well, that was a nice side story. Still think I like the main one better, but it's nice to know these things happen later in the story. But I can see a continuation off of this.

How I Became a Pokemon Card 04

The story of a girl not liking Pokemon rescuing an Eevee from who else, Team Rocket.

There's also a bit about an Eevee possession but not important enough to explore about it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Killing Bites 1

Oh hai there leomon.

Story about animal/human hybrids fighting each other. Should be dumb fun.

Aw shit, it's by the same author as arachnid. So the whole fight-styles-based-on-animals thing should be pretty awesome.

kasane

Seinen rom-com has the best drama and these 2 are the better ones. They are quite close to Inio Asano's works for me.

Even those without any fan service scenes like Undercurrent are interesting.

well moteki ending was shit from what i read

i still have no idea how natsu no zenjitsu ended

best girl pls win win win wi n

yes and i agree that seinen romances are the best if you're not looking for that shonen type of comedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom