• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto:
Please tell me it will be over soon.

One Piece:
Not really pleased with this development for Rebecca. I wanted her to keep kicking ass, rather than becoming a damsel in distress.

New Prince of Tennis:
So, I guess the last two years of the manga really were just Konomi putting in a bunch of fanservice and showing off the characters some? Oh well, there were some good moments. I'm excited to see the promise of the series finally going to the international stage, but it's bullshit that Momoshiro, Kaidoh, Tachibana, Chitose and Kenya weren't put on the middle school team when fucking Oishi is there. I guess if Ryoma is really leaving behind Japan than one of them might get on, though. The future of the series looks interesting, but Konomi is clearly having serious trouble at managing the size of the cast.

Inugami-san to Sarutobi-kun wa Naka ga Warui. 06

Hopefully all this ominous nature of talking means a shift is going to happen here, cause I was getting bored of the girl getting made fun of.

Kieli

*sigh*

How come Kuroko no Basuke or Shin-Tennis no Ouji-sama never shows the GOAT?

Federer, Nadal, Djokovic.

Jordan, Bird, Magic.

Would these people be reality warpers? Gods?

Edit: Also wanted to cry when one of the KnB main characters said he found competition in USA lacking. What the fuck?

Charade

You enjoy NTR?

Libel!

But really it was more for the sad/bittersweet aspect. Spices it up over the usual happy endings and cuteness. Though there's a fine line between that and straight-up angst I guess. When it's done well, it's usually more subdued than that.

Quixzlizx

Maga Tsuki 39

Finally. Good for you, Akari.

Baby Steps 228

Thank you for condensing a volume's worth of chapters down into one. It's go time.

Usobuko

Banned
I dont really wear it just sits here at home

This is all towards my mega project manga room

Cant wait to get a house

How do you intend to keep your manga pages from turning yellow?

I have like 2 huge shelf of manga and I won't even read them now. So dusty and the pages smell. Some of them were bought as early as I was 5. They have been rotting for like 2 decades.

Valkyria Engine 08

One of the girls who I don't remember what's so special about her gets fat so off they go to a deserted island for her to train.

Not even sure why anymore.

Lain

You enjoy NTR?

There are people that don't enjoy it?
I mean, basking in all that suffering, all those lies, the manipulation, the fall to the depths of depravity. Any sane person should love it (when it happens to someone else).

Speaking of NTR more in the sense of something you think is yours getting taken away, the one shot story in the 4th volume of Pintokona really hurt me. You can sort of get the feeling of what turn the story may be getting and yet when that ending came... I wasn't ready. I felt so, so sad for the poor stalker girl. That was a bitter, bitter end.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How do you intend to keep your manga pages from turning yellow?

I have like 2 huge shelf of manga and I won't even read them now. So dusty and the pages smell. Some of them were bought as early as I was 5. They have been rotting for like 2 decades.

Carefully remove every page, seal them in archive quality plastic sleeves and rebind them.

Shengar

I don't know if my manga can keep up with time. The paper quality they use is fucking horrible in order to reach that $2 price mark.
9QxNmso.gif

I mean, basking in all that suffering, all those lies, the manipulation, the fall to the depths of depravity. Any sane person should love it (when it happens to someone else).

Ray-J-Stare-VH1-For-the-Love-of-Ray-J.gif

Speaking of NTR more in the sense of something you think is yours getting taken away, the one shot story in the 4th volume of Pintokona really hurt me. You can sort of get the feeling of what turn the story may be getting and yet when that ending came... I wasn't ready. I felt so, so sad for the poor stalker girl. That was a bitter, bitter end.

There's nothing worst than NTR...except guro.

Shengar

There is nothing wrong with NTR. In fact, I would like to write something like that if its possible. It just my exposure to it most of the time is rage inducing, and I'm absolutely not the best person to control my own temper (I predict there will be one of my console thrown across the room if I ever read Kimi no Iru Machi). I want to read a romance story with where neither party portrayed as evil, and not rage inducing if such thing is possible.

There is nothing wrong with NTR. In fact, I would like to write something like that if its possible. It just my exposure to it most of the time is rage inducing, and I'm absolutely not the best person to control my own temper (I predict there will be one of my console thrown across the room if I ever read Kimi no Iru Machi). I want to read a romance story with where neither party portrayed as evil, and not rage inducing if such thing is possible.

Most people that enjoys NTR would say is not NTR unless is rage inducing.

_hekk05

Banned
Serious discussion about NTR. Hoh boy.

I guess you can put me in the enjoying NTR camp. My suffering can only be relieved by the suffering of others.

New series: Monster's Kindergarten (ultra jump), by Shinkaida Tetsuyarou (新貝田鉄也郎) (H-manga artist)

Youkai youjou Hnnnnnnggggggg

Apparently the author used to only do loli-H mangas. This is a trend I'd like to get behind.

NTR would be more interesting if the female wasn't always the one cheating or the guy being a spineless coward, at least in the mangas and other materials out there.

Like the most basic blue one will have couple #1 with Guy A and Girl A be relatively peaceful. Then Guy B comes in and NTR with Girl A. Then the drama and crap happens.

Why can't it be the other way?

Couple #2 Guy A and Girl A. Girl B comes and NTR with Guy A although most people are hoping for a threesome at this point.

Pokémon + Nobunaga no Yabou ~Ranse Iroemaki~ 03

A nice side by side story of how two strategists tackle a problem.

Pretty amusing, pretty much exactly how I expected them to handle it.

AKB49 168

40% of share? Minori is such a badass mofo.

NTR would be more interesting if the female wasn't always the one cheating or the guy being a spineless coward, at least in the mangas and other materials out there.

Like the most basic blue one will have couple #1 with Guy A and Girl A be relatively peaceful. Then Guy B comes in and NTR with Girl A. Then the drama and crap happens.

Couple #2 Guy A and Girl A. Girl B comes and NTR with Guy A although most people are hoping for a threesome at this point.

It can be...but is a strategy of Guy B so he can get Girl A, then Guy A ends NTR'ed x 2 as a threesome happens between Guy B and the two girls.

Usobuko

Banned
Platform in Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu
Boys on the Run
Gonensei
Moteki
Inio Asano works.
Furuya works.
Kitazaki works.

Enjoy.

Shengar, I think what you're looking for is Platform in Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu. As far as motivation ambiguity goes, I might say Gonensei too. Seriously, Gonensei would be a good read if the author didn't rebooted the characters in Yonensei. As a stand alone, it can hold on its own weight without collapsing.

I'm pretty sure there your 2nd example exist, it just that most readers only find it to be NTR when it's rage inducing to them. As in, they personally related to that. When you have girls chasing a guy that's in a r/s, they tend to relate that as harem instead. Heck, I remember reading a bisexual guy who girlfriend NTR his childhood crush.

Shengar

Most people that enjoys NTR would say is not NTR unless is rage inducing.
Well yeah, this is a problem on its own too.

I think it all comes down to characters motivation and reasons really. If an author could pulled it perfectly with their characters motivation, threesome ending wouldn't occur in that two girls one guy love triangle situation as it'll akin to the colliding of matter-antimatter between the girls.

Trinity Seven 9-10

Ninja's are awesome.

Lilith has a nice ass.

Arin is cute when she smiles.

Mira is pure.

Yui not being an older neesan was depressing. Thankfully, a combination of big breasts and "Onii-chan" helped eased the pain.

Revo

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou

Nisekoi name knockoff with more romantic advancement than nisekoi.

huh

Domino Kick 10

Oh wow he's 34.

Space Brothers 233

I never liked or hated Mutta's parents.

Soul Cartel 137

Shi-hoon you need to prove yourself!

wonzo

Banned
Yuricam 11

She's either gonna turn it into a hostess bar for lesbians or give up and stick to sleepin about at the dorm. Either way I approve.

Shinozaki 17

suprised they haven't written in a style savvy precure crossover yet

hi score girl 15.5

new best girl

aunt tits 135

ah i see where this is goin

Delighted i say

AKB49 168
This is going somewhere.
somewhere.

Tsuyokute New Saga aka New Game+ 7
MC too stronk, he is taking strides at both skills of fighting and harem

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 7
Its like its only getting started.
I see some of you are already salty of this manga.

Trinity Seven 9-10

welcome to the club my friend.

and oh, you're back hekk.

Mendrox

Shokugeki no Soma Chapter xx (I dont know here I stopped my last review) - 64

This is now one of my favourite mangas right now. Very good fanservice, food which I would kill for, nice story, nice pacing, very nice characters.

Cannot wait for an anime adaption of that (I guess next year or hopefully the year after that so that it won't end soon/will have filler).

dani_dc

Bocchi na Bokura no Renai Jijou 7

I accidentally read chapter 6 and 7 due to havimg forgotten all about what had hapenned in 6 and only realised I had already read it when I reached the last page.
I can't see this going for much longer, not that many interesting places for the story to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom