• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Wow. How does something get canned that quickly in the European market? There has to be trash that sells less.....

When something is expensive and doesn't sell, it gets canned.
First volume of Robot costed 15€, second 19€.
The publisher was one that used to delay stuff constantly and in the end went under (this way after Robot stopped coming out).

You should get his artbook Prismtone.

It's so good. Also fucking massive.

I'll have to look for it.

Saiteihen no Otoko 1-2

qke3eDF.jpg

I can't tell if there's some The Thing-esque assimilation going on, or if it's just some metaphor. Either way, I'm enjoying it.

Glass Mask v20

Tsukikage sensei is so fierce. She will really drive Maya to the extreme.

And fleshing Ayumi background was so good. Showing what kind of person she is and what drives her was excellent. It makes her as a lead character just like Maya.

PK Gaming

JoJolion 18

Man, what a great chapter. After that bombshell of a reveal in the previous chapter, it was nice to get a breather (sorta). Josuke's desire to go to school and learn about himself (in spite of all that's happened) was endearing.

The Higashikata's might be a seedy bunch, but they're also charming & entertaining. I think out of all the parts, Part 8 might have the best pacing, since the fights are better interspersed.

Nordicus

JoJolion 18

Man, what a great chapter. After that bombshell of a reveal in the previous chapter, it was nice to get a breather (sorta). Josuke's desire to go to school and learn about himself (in spite of all that's happened) was endearing.

The Higashikata's might be a seedy bunch, but they're also charming & entertaining. I think out of all the parts, Part 8 might have the best pacing, since the fights are better interspersed.
Whoa hey what's wrong with milk that's just passed its expiry date? Pffft, picky eater, using it for cooking is especially okay.

I feel like making some pancakes, actually...

Shengar

Whoa hey what's wrong with milk that's just passed its expiry date? Pffft, picky eater, using it for cooking is especially okay..

I drink almost a bottleful of milk before I realize it was past its expiry date. Not a thing ever happened to me.
Though My stomach making funny sounds for a while after that

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Actually it should be Minna. Unless it's followed by -san/-sama, then it's Mina.
Psh, Google translate says you're wrong! Who you trying to fool, obviously these guys are complete pros.

Ahahaha which group did this?
Am I allowed to say so without getting banned?
Muda Scantrad

May as well just keep the Japanese characters, put the romaji next to them, then the actual English at the bottom. Yay now you're learning Japanese!
Man, just skip the extra work and don't even bother to translate it! Trial by fire is the only way that really works, duh.

What, you're telling me you'd prefer actual English in the translated bubble? What the fuck are you, a poser? Can't you understand how everyone doesn't encapsulate the very soul and concept, the deepness of meaning of mina?
Fucking manga scrubs.
Damn straight. #nakama

aY6hAka.png

vkrRmIg.png

One Piece 757

Those "Bart for Nakama" chants grow louder with each chapter he appears in.

Can't wait for best buds Luffy and Law to take on Doffy.

Volume 39 (25-8-2014)
1. One Piece
2. Naruto
3. Hinomaru Zumou
4. Shokugeki no Soma
5. Nisekoi
6. Haikyuu!!
7. PSI Kusuo Saiki
8. World Trigger
9. Gintama
10. Isobe Isobee Monogatari
11. Bleach
12. Kochikame
13. Illegal Rare

Cover & Lead Colour Page: Kuroko no Basuke
Colour Page: Rokkotsu-san (Oneshot by Koyoharu Kotoge - Golden Future Cup Entry Number 3)
Colour Page: Assassination Classroom
Colour Page: Toriko
Colour Page: Kasahara-san to Ame no Hi ni (One Shot)
Hiatus: HunterXHunter

Illegal Rare getting prepped for the guillotine

Also
Hiatus: HunterXHunter

LOL

2 weeks but still... seeing that title with that word side by side

Zweizer

Banned
I have to wonder what's the point of putting Kochikame in these rankings considering it has total protection against editors.

I have to wonder what's the point of putting Kochikame in these rankings considering it has total protection against editors.

Well the rankings are more like the order the series appear in the magazine so, that's just where they put it.

Unless people are actually voting for Kochikame then in that case, rip Illegal Rare, lol

who knows

I also expect HXH, Gintama, and Bleach have that Editor protection shield too
OP is a given

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not "if" Illegal Rare will be cancelled it is "when"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom