• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Every time I read a volume of Adekan I question my sexuality. The guys in this are seriously sexy.

Man I love the art of adekan. Those covers are gorgeous.

Is it good? It's also available in France and I have a couple of friends who seem to like it.

Read it if you like great art and lots off implied yaoi.

Also plenty of sexy guys.

Otherwise the story isn't really that interesting.

Kurita

Heh maybe I'll borrow one volume to see if I like it.

Can't really afford starting a lot of new series though. I have to start Tokyo Ghoul and I need to catch up on so many series damn it.

Lain

Is it good? It's also available in France and I have a couple of friends who seem to like it.

I find it to be pretty nice. Good art and a good balance of humor to offset the dark story and setting, since the story goes to show the dark side of the human nature that comes out of desperation a lot.
There is implied yaoi and bisexuality, if that's something that might turn you off.

Man I love the art of adekan. Those covers are gorgeous.

Yeah I love the art too. The covers are really something.

About the story, I'll say that while the Shiro/Anri/Organization business is not all that interesting (although I wanna know a bit more about that part), I find the... side stories that Shiro and Kojiro find themselves in to be nice to read. There is darkness but there is also some redemption.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The way they imply the yaoi is pretty hilarious though. Like, hey, the two of them are in a small bath tub naked together, and it's all but implied throughout the series that one of them wants the other to bone him, but nope, nothing happens, just a regular friendship thing.

Also yeah the side stories are ok. It's not really a series read for the story, though there's enough there to make the whole package enjoyable.

upandaway

Doujin Work ch4

hwz8xjZ.png

I usually don't look at the titles for 4komas, I just skip them because most of the time they either spoil the joke or some other effect to that line. By chance I read the 4koma then the title caught my eye. It felt like a pre-emptive tsukkomi, so genius.

Also this manga is incredible.

Aizo

Banned
Vinland Saga
Yesssss. Gudrid is my favorite. Get out of there, and become badass partners with Thorfinn!

Otoyomegatari
So much romantic subtext.

upandaway

I'm honestly thinking that if they put "_______" there instead of "Gwine", I would have understood the sentence faster than I did. It took me a good 10 seconds.

I still don't know what "Hyar" means. What's the point of a translation if I need someone to translate the translation for me!!

Charade

I still don't know what "Hyar" means. What's the point of a translation if I need someone to translate the translation for me!!

I think it's "here," like "this here time." Very uh, old-fashioned sounding.

I think it's an attempt at a cockney accent or something.

upandaway

You said you'd only post once about the anime.
Kurita you're being silly. He posted that in mangaf. We're in mangaf right now in fact, if you didn't notice. Even if he's watching the anime, posting about it here means he's technically posting impressions of the manga.

upandaway

Takkoku!!! ch29

We're in new chapters territory! First page of the chapter even has a mini-summary for those who don't want to reread the previous ones.

That Hikari/Giga OTP. And Muuko focus, what.

Wiseblade

Kurita you're being silly. He posted that in mangaf. We're in mangaf right now in fact, if you didn't notice. Even if he's watching the anime, posting about it here means he's technically posting impressions of the manga.

Not like there's much difference between the two.

dani_dc

There's even a JoJo Community thread.

Hell, there's probably a JoJo OT somewhere in the OT.

There is a JoJo OT for the current season yeah, though it's always there's always the issue of spoilers in OT/community threads, the current last page of the the JoJo anime OT is filled with spoilers of the latest episode (I have no idea about the JoJo community thread).
I find general threads like Manga/Anime gaf to be easier to post when catching up to something while still avoiding spoilers.

And honestly since the Jojo anime is such a faithful adaptation to begin with I don't think either way is a particularly big deal.

To Aru Kagaku no Accelerator 09

I don't even remember who these guys are but man do I want to root for them to survival this after all that did in this chapter.
I already assume they are doomed though

LeleSocho

Banned
JoJo (Marathon)...
hehehe anime

A FUCKING CYBORG?????

Kars and that German guy
are like a Mortal Kombat characters

JOJO GREATNESS
eKgIXWI.png

Jojo's characters influenced a lot of fighting game characters, another one you know is Rose from Street Fighter which is essentially a copycat of LisaLisa, there are others but they would be spoilers to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom