• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Bonnouji ch6-End

A pretty nice read with a rather mundane romance, but one of the good points is that it doesn't stop just after they hook up and develop their relationship further, which is a nice change from how other series present a romance. Other than that, the rather slow pace fits the slice-of-life atmosphere well and the main plot device, Bonnouji, while sometimes falls out of focus, is always here to steer the story in the desired direction without it feeling awkward.

Enjoyable romance from Aki Eda that doesn't use the author's usual romance tropes for once. Color me impressed.

Bonnouji ch6-End

A pretty nice read with a rather mundane romance, but one of the good points is that it doesn't stop just after they hook up and develop their relationship further, which is a nice change from how other series present a romance. Other than that, the rather slow pace fits the slice-of-life atmosphere well and the main plot device, Bonnouji, while sometimes falls out of focus, is always here to steer the story in the desired direction without it feeling awkward.

Enjoyable romance from Aki Eda that doesn't use the author's usual romance tropes for once. Color me impressed.

It's funny you refer to it as "slow pace" as it's shorter and faster than your average romance/sol manga!

Biorg Trinity cover for this month is great for the season and a nice change considering what that last special chapter for it had.
Bsv-v-MCYAAd1OZ.png:large

Zweizer

Banned
It's funny you refer to it as "slow pace" as it's shorter and faster than your average romance/sol manga!

I did say pace and not length, did I?

(By which I mean there's a lot of chapters where they just do mundane stuff and not really developing their relationship, but I'm actually okay with that as it's a somewhat more realistic uptake on romance than most of the medium)

Whoa, that's pretty cool. Hope it goes well.

Thank you! It's actually a movie adaption of "the worst novel ever" I mentioned way back then in the last thread. There's little pressure because anything I write is bound to be better than the source material. Hahaha I hope...

The light novels I ordered finally arrived!
Now I'm deciding whether to read from the start again or to jump straight to Famished Spirit.

Zweizer

Banned
Himouto! Umaru-chan ch65

I wonder why they skipped ch63-64.

A rather unusual chapter this time. Can anyone living in Japan confirm if such stores still exist?

Thank you! It's actually a movie adaption of "the worst novel ever" I mentioned way back then in the last thread. There's little pressure because anything I write is bound to be better than the source material. Hahaha I hope...

The light novels I ordered finally arrived!

Now I'm deciding whether to read from the start again or to jump straight to Famished Spirit.

nice! Getting my Kindle tomorrow so those are first on my list :D

I'm personally going to start with Suicidal Mime, even though I read the manga. Want to get a feel for how the books tells those stories.

Revo

Prison School 117

She's so caring.

Fairy Tail 393

Woo cop out for face after Wendy's action was made meaningless.

Welfare

Uq Holder! 1-42

Finally started this and whoa. Just Whoa. Glad I started this series early. Maybe if this gets an anime, it won't end up like the Negima one.

Really liking the Main cast, especially Tota for bringing up Fate's obsession with Negi.

Is this an every week or bi weekly Shonen?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Uq Holder! 1-42

Finally started this and whoa. Just Whoa. Glad I started this series early. Maybe if this gets an anime, it won't end up like the Negima one.

Really liking the Main cast, especially Tota for bringing up Fate's obsession with Negi.

Is this an every week or bi weekly Shonen?

Weekly.

scy

Alright, power rankings here I go:

Boys:
Hori > Nozaki > Kashima > Ken > Wakamtsu > Maeno

Girls:
Mikorin > Kashima > Seo > Sakura > Miyako

Well damn, I agree with this.

New Nisekoi volume cover looks so good

Nisekoi even gets the Jump Next cover and body pillows!

Worthless body pillows.

Man #mangagaf is a desolate wasteland

Hey, I'm usually there in presence.

It doesn't look that bad until you start scrolling down, lol

So if you lost a bet and had to either read mr macho or that horse manga which would you read??

Bothhhhhhh

AnimeGAF's IRC is the place to be.

Its not like you are usually in there either!

Jintor

high score girl 1-4

This is significantly weirder looking than I was expecting. It almost reminds me of ryushika ryushika, actually

scy

Renai Boukun 14 - ...

so wait, are they all something else and then all the torture and and and and MC died.

...huh.

That was a lot of stuff in a single chapter.

Revo

God of High School 167

No fist fight->Bad chapter

The Gamer 46

Well I guess he knows what he's doing now? Still soooo slow.

Charade

Oh yeah, I remember that post. Well, even if the source material is terrible that's still really cool! Good luck.

Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai 5

Uh-oh.
A rival?!

Bokura wa Sore o Hitei Dekinai 1 - 2
BswdpyACIAECIir.png

The story of Suzuki and Satou who started out school not knowing each other but growing to become friends and eventually friends in love was one of the faster paces stories in awhile. I somehow didnt realize I went through the hundred chapters in just half an hour until I looked at the clock. It was easy to get really focused in it because it started out so well on its premise with the bullies at the start with Saitou arriving to save Suzuki, then their constant interactions on the day to day basis. Their lines and comments were really well done capturing the spirit of romance really well that I could even feel it through the pages. It reminded me of the joy of the other stories from the writer, like You & Me, Etc.. I would have just wanted the story to not have made Saitou go after getting girlfriends and such and then just ending the relationship with Suzuki over a misunderstanding for fifteen years. It just wasn't a happy or pleasing end but maybe they did get together at the class reunion. Really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom