• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 27

Did Seo just give a compliment (unintentionally)? Was the "stud" comment an accurate translation?

IcRwEK0.jpg

Lain

If any of you haven't started reading Historie yet, please drop everything you're reading right now and start this instant.
I got done reading the second volume and this manga is so damn good, good in characterization, in character art, in narration and pacing. It flows well, the events are well explained and paced, it is really a joy to read. Plus the main character is awesome.

Historie Volume 2
kBV.jpg

Story resumed as they were doing pygmachia and Eumene ended up teaching a thing or two to his asshole brother and his asshole friends. The story resuming and concluding the events like that gave a false sense of security to how things would go pretty soonish. Some of the revelations weren't too surprising thanks to how everything was detailed before but it's they way things were revealed, the way they were used, the way Eumene still showed his acumen and intelligence and fight spirit that really made everything work as perfectly as it did.
Even the initial shock of going from the top to the bottom is soon over with, showing again some of the traits of the adult Eumene we got to know at the start of the story.

For anyone looking for a historical manga to read, seriously give this one a look.

Lain

as long as its in english ill read it

It's scanlated up to current (volume 8) as far as I can see on MU, so you're in a better position than me as I'll wait on official releases over here (though curiosity is killing me).

I need a Lain content rating on that before I start it

It's historical, so you might see some tits in the future if the show certain cultures or tortures of the kind the fellow at the start was put through, who knows. I haven't seen any so far that I can remember. It's a damn well done manga, you should really check it out if historical, Greece, Persia and the likes are things you might be interested in or want to read a manga about those.

kasane

To be fair i can't remember the titles. I might have read it along the way

Wagatsuma 89

acting all jealous, Now what? You want him to do all the work again?

Zombie Brother 2

That ladies and gentleman,

Is the decapitated body of a dead women dancing to Thriller (Stop lying with Brother Louie) after regrowing an eyeball where her head should be and a second mouth stretching from her neck to her navel that just chomped down on a newly plugged in hair dryer.

No, I'm not making that up.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
historie IS FUCKING AWESOME!! But man it slowed to a crawl after a certain part, i drifted apart like 3 years ago and never picked it up again. How can there be only 8 volumes?! Jesus the release schedule is gonna kill me so i'll rather wait 3 more years before i try starting again.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Seo and Wakamatsu are the GOAT mango couple.

Kuroko no Basket 269

"Wow"

They were nearly exhausted and on the verge of defeat before X characters they defeated yelled out from the stands and rallied them to continue on against all odds which inexplicably gave them some new found strength to continue on.

How original.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I've never heard of Historie :( What's it about and why's it compelling enough to make Dresden burn mangagaf down?

so the other day on the topic of food/cooking i managed to get one of my best friends into shokugeki no soma

glad that he's enjoying it

and for those wondering his favorite girl is
Nikumi

(can't argue with that choice)
Well, he could have chosen that forgotten childhood friend. So I think he passes

Nikumi has nothing on Tadokoro tho

kasane

Nana to Kaoru 1-3

I will need all the sweating man images in the world for this one.

you just started?

damn

Kuroko no Basket 269

"Wow"

They were nearly exhausted and on the verge of defeat before X characters they defeated yelled out from the stands and rallied them to continue on against all odds which inexplicably gave them some new found strength to continue on.

How original.

heh.

exactly my impression about the whole manga

Lain

I've never heard of Historie :( What's it about and why's it compelling enough to make Dresden burn mangagaf down?

Historical manga that tells the life story of Eumenes, a secretary and general to Alexander the Great. as wiki so easily puts it.
It's well drawn, it's well paced, it's well written, it has a smart, interesting and in a certain way funny main character, talks about a time period that has it's own charm and shows certain themes that can still make someone reflect about how things were considered so normal in those times.*
Give it a look if anything about ancient Greece/Persia interests you at all and a smart, intelligent main character is what you wish to have more often in your manga.

*All this is based on my read of the first 2 volumes

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Im glad mangabox still adds mangas, still waiting for comicwalker to get back into the additiona stage.
Oh shit, I forgot all about comicwalker. You recommend anything from there?

And yeah, it's nice mangabox keep adding stuff. I'm wondering what they're going to do with completed stuff though, like I Was Human. That's still sitting up there, but only the first chapter is available now...

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 131

What a great chapter. Cute cosplays for Chitoge and Onodera. And then there's Haru for next week.

I like Haru so much more than when she was first introduced lol. She's a way better character now.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Historical manga that tells the life story of Eumenes, a secretary and general to Alexander the Great. as wiki so easily puts it.
It's well drawn, it's well paced, it's well written, it has a smart, interesting and in a certain way funny main character, talks about a time period that has it's own charm and shows certain themes that can still make someone reflect about how things were considered so normal in those times.*
Give it a look if anything about ancient Greece/Persia interests you at all and a smart, intelligent main character is what you wish to have more often in your manga.

*All this is based on my read of the first 2 volumes
I love that era. Will start reading tomorrowish.

Nobunaga Kyousoukyoku 04

Well well Hideyoshi is definitely more interesting in this.

Vampire Tamakuro

A short story about a vampire who doesn't want to suck blood.

Nice twist in the end.

Revo

Kongou Banchou whatever i was at-end

The end certainly felt faster than the rest of the fights in the series felt. Maybe somewhat rushed? Everything approximately followed how the rest of the series did stuff though.
I didn't really like how everytime someone was close to dead they weren't although having all the children die would have been pretty messed up. And Machine Banchou coming back seemed ehh even though I do like him.

Overall it was pretty enjoyable even if some things at the end felt questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom