• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Very late, but there's always Brandish

Haven't started reading this one yet. Huh, I wasn't aware that it was this long.

You have some like certain Toshio Maeda's works (only because I've read just now that he is coming to Lucca 2014 so I remembered about him) that span 5/6 volumes.
Otherwise I can only think of a few like Haruki's Parasite Doctor Suzune which, while a bit more mainstream, is 6 volumes and still going, or Ring x Mama which is 5 volumes long.

Lain-sensei truly is the master of smut~

Kokoro Control (end)
BwnJHzYIEAAN8t_.png:large

Best reason to read, perhaps the only time in which Tsukki and Kageyama would actually have somewhat of a conversation with the ousama remarks. Great for a kage hina story.

Doubt so, sales wise I remember it was decent. Not as good as Nanatsu in the same magazine but around the same as Yamada 7 Witches.

I just think the author ran out of material. My guess is 2 more chapters for conclusion and last one for epilogue. Sylvia got sidelined really bad though, haha.

hmmm then this lead up is just plain terrible.

wasn't a fan of Sylvia anymore since she held back and even was placed on a bus but damn i never expected it to be possibly permanent now :(

we'll see how this goes but i'm not expecting much tbh.

Usobuko

Banned
Conan and Kindaichi are like death magnet personified. For 2 whole decades, everywhere they go spawn a new murder case waiting for them to solve the mystery.

I thought it was interesting to note these series actually progress from a technological point of view. From the early 90s where communication were still in its infantile state with stuff like pager to the mobile phones and social networks available now. But neither Kindaichi nor Conan aged considerably.

Y66qCm6.png

Please never change, my favourite whodunit manga.

Revo

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro 7-22

Well, that guy is creepy. Guess there will be more 'humans' with mutations in the future

UQ Holder! 48
BwnSpWUIMAAFY_B.png:large

Santa is way closer than Kuromaru is to Touta, I like Touta and Santa much better, the friendship and bonding over the game was hilarious and Touta working his magic on Santa pretty fast. The scene of them jumping from high up that whole page is probably one of the best three scenes in the whole manga. I hope he joins up rather than staying at the school, though there probably is no reason to be there. He doesnt even seem like he is a traditional shut in, seemed pretty naturally gifted out in the public with Touta and Kuromaru anyway.

Zweizer

Banned
Even by Miman

Standard high school childhood friends setting with light yuri undertones but overall I rather liked it as the angst didn't felt overbearing.

Yuri Friends by Morishima Akiko

A pretty amusing self-insert 4koma about the author and her group of friends going to a cabaret.

Striped thigh highs > Fishnets.

rrvv

Magi - Labyrinth of Magic 237

I think the problem with this arc is that the author unable to make this arc really interesting. as result it pretty much full of exposition so the author can simply explain the back ground of the story as quickly as he can

Conan and Kindaichi are like death magnet personified. For 2 whole decades, everywhere they go spawn a new murder case waiting for them to solve the mystery.

I thought it was interesting to note these series actually progress from a technological point of view. From the early 90s where communication were still in its infantile state with stuff like pager to the mobile phones and social networks available now. But neither Kindaichi nor Conan aged considerably.

Please never change, my favourite whodunit manga.

Conan is simply my First manga. it is simply unbelievable how it still running now

Naruto
lol wednesday

Bleach
lol wednesday

One Piece
lol wednesday

Toriko
lol wednesday

Hunter X Hunter
lol wednesday

Shokugeki no Soma
lol wednesday
kinda disappointing but hey we use to receive translation way later in the week back in the day so I can adapt

Kuroko no Plain, Plain

Really what a mute ending :/ (maybe there will be a Part 2)

Gintama

I was disappointed by the fact that the Shogun was alive but this comedy chapter with the wheelchair puppet was nice... Plus EyePatch Psycho is finally making his move and getting his hands dirty

Onigari no Mori de 9 - 10

Little to no romance from characters that matter most but it would have been out of place considering the demonic happenings and collapse of the otherworld gate. I cry for Ozuno who seems to care little for his life when he has someone who really cares for him and such. But at least he is hanging on somewhat. Hopefully Chief Priest can resolve the issue or the gate is fixed.

upandaway

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro 7-22

Well, that guy is creepy. Guess there will be more 'humans' with mutations in the future
Nice pick-up!

Silver Spoon 90

A business, huh... that's kind of eye-opening actually. Didn't expect that angle.

That makes a lot of sense actually. Yeah I'm good with that, go for it.

Whoa that was fast. He really should have thought about it more before talking to his dad about it. I don't think that was smart.

Chocolate mission was great though

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If only Yamada was in there too. Still I thought Kurosaki past would be a bit more dramatic considering some of the other characters past.

Its disappointing that mainstream manga seems mostly unwilling to explore any of the real implications of being a gay character. Unless we're talking about explicitly gay-themed works, the best portrayal you're going to get is that they aren't a sexual predator or camp-gay. I mean, you would think that would be a legitimate part of Kurosaki's backstory.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Silver Spoon 97 (winter end)

Aaaaaah man. Okay. Okay! Whew!

I like this manga.

You're really going to enjoy the fact that the scanner just stopped releasing it at some point and its several chapters behind OTL

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ippo 1070

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! Now here comes another 3 years before Ippo works his way back up the ladder. This shit is never going to end. Also, Takamura finally showing that jealousy that Coach Kamogawa puts more effort into Ippo then into Takamura. Not a good look Taka.

upandaway

You're really going to enjoy the fact that the scanner just stopped releasing it at some point and its several chapters behind OTL
I've been meaning to read it ever since the anime ended, but held back when I saw releases stopped for a bit. Really hoping they can keep a good pace...

Ippo 1070

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! Now here comes another 3 years before Ippo works his way back up the ladder. This shit is never going to end. Also, Takamura finally showing that jealousy that Coach Kamogawa puts more effort into Ippo then into Takamura. Not a good look Taka.
Takamura is final villain.

Angry Grimace

I've been meaning to read it ever since the anime ended, but held back when I saw releases stopped for a bit. Really hoping they can keep a good pace...

Part of the problem is that since scan teams don't get paid, they frequently just stop scanning something if some guy on their team gets bored of the series or putting in the work.

I really wish either Crunchyroll or WSJ would just online simulpub Shokugeki and Silver Spoon =/

_hekk05

Banned
Ultra jump is steadily becoming more relevant to my interests compared to WSJ. Helps that they're serialising hentai artists' works.

Where is my yamatogawa rpg manga?

12 Beast 8

This is totally just chuuni Monster Musume, except not as good. I mean the plot gets in the way of the PLOT!

These minotaurs need better shirts.

Ultra jump is steadily becoming more relevant to my interests compared to WSJ. Helps that they're serialising hentai artists' works.

Where is my yamatogawa rpg manga?
Yeah, but some of them haven't gotten good reception, like Momoiro Armet, liked the feel of that one. And plus some stuff from Jump X will be moving in there by the end of the year.

Mumei

Still working on Please Save My Earth, mostly. It's really great seeing the art develop even over the first five volumes. I also started Banana Fish and really liked it, but I think I'll hold off on reading it until I finish collecting it.

Other things on the to-read list:

Shigeru Sugiura's Last of the Mohicans
20th Century Boys (13 - 16)
A, A Prime
Astro Boy (Omnibus 1)
Blade of the Immortal (14 - 18)
Dragon Ball VIZBIG (1 - 2)
In Clothes Called Fat
Mushishi (4 - 5, 7 - 10)
Ooku (1 - 2)
Rurouni Kenshin VIZBIG (9)
Solanin
Vagabond VIZBIG (2 - 7)
Vinland Saga (2)
Yotsuba&! (1)

And What A Wonderful World and A Drunken Dream and Other Stories are out from the library. I prefer holding off on reading things until I have four or five volumes (at least) to read.

upandaway

Silver Spoon (caught up)

Things are going so fast all of a sudden. I seriously didn't expect them to run with the business idea in a full sprint like that. I thought it'd be more gradual while still being about the school life and stuff, but it's been a complete shift. Did an entire year just pass without me even realizing it? Nuts.

I kinda miss the dorm life, but I guess we got enough of that by now. Okawa's great and it doesn't feel like things are lining up perfectly for them by coincidences like would probably happen in lesser manga. Hell, they're not even counting on the investment at this point. It's really satisfying.

Feels like a Part 2 honestly. I'm into it. If there's anything I would like though, is to sneak in a bit of the humor and SoL
and romance
elements from the dorm life into the new lifestyle. Pacing feels a bit fast and the content a bit too technical right now. But yeah I'm super into it.

Kain

Hajime no Ippo

About time Ippo lost a match, he's been sucking for far too long. He needs to change his style and think a little for once.

God was I tired of his winnings by the power of justice and stubborness, it was obnoxious to no end. Not at Miyata's levels, but still.

He can come back and be the monster he was destined to be.

smurfx

get some go again
Hajime no Ippo

About time Ippo lost a match, he's been sucking for far too long. He needs to change his style and think a little for once.

God was I tired of his winnings by the power of justice and stubborness, it was obnoxious to no end. Not at Miyata's levels, but still.

wonder if kamogawa can even properly teach him the style he needs. don't think ippo will leave him but he might end up bringing somebody to help properly train ippo.

upandaway

Suddenly, My Partner of Fate ch1

......... .........this manga is a weapon.

I'm now capable of giving a select few certain people in this thread heart attacks.

Sigh....

Wynnebeck

Banned
Hajime no Ippo

? What? His last few times of winning have come from him adapting to his opponent and using the fundamentals he learned from Kamogawa (excluding the match where he got mad and went ham). I just see this as a device for Morikawa to extend the life of the series since Ippo beating Alfredo would have put the manga on an almost unofficial countdown to the end. This loss gives him the chance to extend the story with Ippo's oncoming depression from losing twice, him accepting it, training, and fighting Alf once again to get to the #2 spot. Also, what can you possibly teach Ippo at this point that hasn't already been beaten into him before? The boy is a sports freak: stamina out the ass, built like a tank, hits like a truck, can throw knockout punches from literally almost any angle and he goes down from a simple counter? Nah. Morikawa saw his chance to cash in on that bullshit foreshadowing he threw in after the Woli fight and is hitting paydirt. I might just drop this manga to be honest.

Zweizer

Banned
Suddenly, My Partner of Fate ch1

......... .........this manga is a weapon.

I'm now capable of giving a select few certain people in this thread heart attacks.

Sigh....

What...?

Oh, that one.

If you have time to waste and nothing better to read, sure you can give it a shot. Otherwise it's not really worth reading after the novelty of its initial premise wears off (which is about immediately).

Sumire 16 Sai

Daughter of a mob boss was judged by her family's occupation?

ANVILICIOUS

Considering that it's about playing with the usual clichés of high school settings, it's to be expected. I hope you're having an enjoyable enough time reading it nevertheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom