• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Man it's really true that an Author's art can drastically improve. Like If you compare the beginning chapters to later chapters of Tokyo Ghoul the art has significantly improved. The shading and details of the art is great.

So MangaGaf are there any Authors that you can name where their art has significantly improved further on a series.

Author of Shaman King improved so much as it went on. It started off as a really different style.

Edit:

Koe no Katachi 51

This chapter made me feel depressed.

Akito

Man it's really true that an Author's art can drastically improve. Like If you compare the beginning chapters to later chapters of Tokyo Ghoul the art has significantly improved. The shading and details of the art is great.

So MangaGaf are there any Authors that you can name where their art has significantly improved further on a series.
Countless, basically almost anyone who has been drawing for an extended period of time. There's a video series about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhLT0O2w_bI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb9Y5mtqZUw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Elq_u2Fug0

Hunter x Hunter and One Piece really improved, as well as Naruto. You can really see this in Hunter since in the beginning of the series, I would have a hard time distinguishing a character's face or orientation while in the air. As time went on, Togashi really improved and started drawing with more detailed character models. I love seeing improvement throughout a manga's life.

Zweizer

Banned

How significant are we talking? The one example that comes to my mind immediately would be Yusuke Murata with Eyeshield 21, in which at the start the art looked somewhat goofy and lanky and towards the middle it was pretty much the same style as Onepunch-Man.

There's also Yasuhisa Hara with Kingdom, where the characters and battles look progressively more impressive and detailed as the manga goes on.

Takehiko Inoue

Rave!

Hajime no Ippo.

The first few chapters of Rave was horrendous.

Lain

The first ones to pop in my head are Mashima, Oda, Kubo.

Do You Like Big Girls 8-9

Manga is called "Do You Like Big Girls"

MC goes after the small one

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, easily.

Araki's art evolution is frankly amazing.

AxTWdAO.jpg

Part 7 has the best art, but I think Late Part 3 and Late Part 4 have the best, most distinct style.
The well known FABULOUSNESS is kind of only there for Late Part 4, Part 5 and the early parts of Part 6.
He's already begun to change his art style again in Part 8 from the massive sameface style. He's also changed Soft & Wet's design multiple times.

One Piece is also a good choice, but I feel like Oda's art has downgraded since Water 7/Enies Lobby/Thriller Bark, and again since Impel Down/Marineford.

I don't think it's gotten worse so much as I think it's gotten too crowded for it's own good. He's clearly a better artist, he just needs to realize we don't need each panel packing in with the equivalent of an entire Bleach page

That's honestly my biggest problem, yeah. His panels have just gotten too fucking messy now.

One Piece is also a good choice, but I feel like Oda's art has downgraded since Water 7/Enies Lobby/Thriller Bark, and again since Impel Down/Marineford.

I don't think it's gotten worse so much as I think it's gotten too crowded for it's own good. He's clearly a better artist, he just needs to realize we don't need each panel packing in with the equivalent of an entire Bleach page

wonzo

Banned
Nejimaki Kagyu 24

man this is both the HYPEST and only "battle" series worth reading

Hi Score Girl 16

lmao. forever alone got annihilated by her own ignorance

Inside Mari 33

I guess proto-Mari turned into Lain or something.

Magi 237

So this arc has felt really long, but I like this origin chapter. The fact that the leaders of the species were ready to become djinn was interesting to me. Solomon really became a god to all of the species and his "will" is powerful. I giggled at Aladdin's face when he came out of the placenta(?)."Why am I here? I ready to slap someone".

Fairy Tail 398

Good setup chapter for the battle between Erza and Kyouka. Although both are fighting for something, Erza's going end up winning because she has never lost a battle. That's the one thing I dislike about her. I'm also sad that Sayla is seemingly gone. I liked her

The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village Vol.01

BCcVZx4l.jpg

A series of adventures that involve youkais and packages.

Gotta say it was pretty interesting. It's set up in three different cases involving a youkai and a package and their own protagonist with them. And then in the end it involves one big case for all three protagonists. Pretty wordy on its own, but the case were pretty cool and I rather liked how it was set up. It was rather nice how each of the individual stories ended up tying together in the end.

Will read the next volume.

Usobuko

Banned

Takehiko Inoue - Slam Dunk.

Lain

I just saw some pictures of the best Nonon cosplay from C86 (the Ryuuko one was good too). Kill la Kill keeps delivering even after its end.

Cwarrior

Kentaro Miura - Berserk(compare huge huge improvment over his early chapter which were already good to begin with)

Oda- One piece - got more detailed more vared,more skilled use in shadeing, better backgrounds, feels more 3 dimensonal and even more creatve over time, he really let loose his imagination.

Kubo - more defined characters, better shadeing, cool use of blacks.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I just saw some pictures of the best Nonon cosplay from C86 (the Ryuuko one was good too). Kill la Kill keeps delivering even after its end.

You know, I might be one of the few who preferred her three star uniform design compared to her nudist beach design.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 36

Decent and enjoyable series, kinda like Monster Musume lite, seems like it's turning into Terminator though

Vampire should make a move already though, c'mon

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not a man alive can refute this claim.

Left.

Always left.

Don't see the need to censor the words.

Especially when they're completely fine with showing CG scenes of bondage, tentacles, and blowjobs.

I'm not sure what was gained by linking a gigantic picture of basically naked anime girls shouting about masturbation.

Mumei

Good to see Ooku on your to read list. It's a really great manga, not only for the what if gender bender which is handled pretty well, but also for how the historical setting is used.
it's one of those works that can make me really sad because certain actions by the scheming people feel too realistic and plausible.

Yeah, I saw the first volume at the local used store in basically new condition. I've actually got several other Fumi Yoshinaga manga on my list of things I want to own, including Antique Bakery, All My Darling Daughters, What Did You Eat Yesterday, and Flowers of Life. I should focus on finishing the things I've already started though!

Sai

The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village Vol.01

BCcVZx4l.jpg

A series of adventures that involve youkais and packages.

Gotta say it was pretty interesting. It's set up in three different cases involving a youkai and a package and their own protagonist with them. And then in the end it involves one big case for all three protagonists. Pretty wordy on its own, but the case were pretty cool and I rather liked how it was set up. It was rather nice how each of the individual stories ended up tying together in the end.

Will read the next volume.
The newest volume ain't being translated fast enough. ;_;

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Absolutely nothing.

Likewise, nothing is wrong with ignoring the rest of the post after the first image.

No, what I'm telling you is that Duckroll has told us multiple times to not link that kind of stuff. If you want to read that, its fine, but I'd rather not get fired looking at the manga thread at work.

Kieli

Yeah, I saw the first volume at the local used store in basically new condition. I've actually got several other Fumi Yoshinaga manga on my list of things I want to own, including Antique Bakery, All My Darling Daughters, What Did You Eat Yesterday, and Flowers of Life. I should focus on finishing the things I've already started though!

Did you ever read Ai-ren by Tanaka Yutaka?

I'd write up a much more thorough recommendation, but I'm short on time.

Angry Grimace

In the anime threads.

Just give us your boss' email and we'll send over some sample pics and ask what's ok to post or not.

Also Stretch chapter was pretty great.

No, duckroll has told us to not do this in here, many, many times. Stop. I'm not telling you this because I'm offended, I'm telling you this because you guys are a) gonna get banned, and b) gonna get this thread cracked down on if you just think you can push it until someone legit complains to the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom