• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just recently popped into my mind, but have people forgot about chrno crusade? I've also pretty much forgotten about it until recently, but I remember really liking it when it was around.

I liked it. Bought all six volumes. I liked the ending too. I think I like it more than his current series, World Embryo.

The only LN I want to read is Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou.

First LN volume has been fantranslated, psssst

Goddamnit. They finally released a tote bag for gekkan shoujo but it's not salmon-kun!

Mikorin is the only one that's able to shine on a tote bag

In my entirely unbiased opinion, you should read Date A Live.

Entirely unbiased.

I agree, Date A Live is pure fun.

I've watch anime and read the manga.
The difference between both is quite significant.

Some character have different role and characterization. The major plot point is different as well.

Personally, i enjoy the manga more than the anime.

Also, relevant to the thread, Japan publisher fix the typo when they reprint Chrno Crusade, so it's now correctly titled Chrono Crusade :)

Oh man, I remember this series, the first one I bought the full box set for. Never read the manga though, I know it turned out a lot differently but I wonder if I'd enjoy it's ending more or not...

SHADOW 3

I love the art for this series and the characters. Pretty compelling plot with the eraser rain and the gun antics with memory loss. Still it seems its unclear how the machine broke. Maybe next time.

Dresden

Caught up on Tokyo Ghoul (again). It's just really fun, man.

Touka and/or Rize needs to get back into the game so they don't get overshadowed by Eto.

Zweizer

Banned
The Music of Marie ch1-End

Take a beautifully crafted steampunk world, a plethora of religious symbolism and an innocent yet tragic love, mix it together with a generous touch of surrealism and lay it down to the tune of a melancholic music and you'll come close to what The Music of Marie is.

Accompanying all of it is Furuya Usamaru's meticulously detailed and appropriately phantasmagorical art, which befits the tale it weaves, ultimately creating a work that stirrs the reader's imagination with fantastic landscapes and creations coupled with a spiritual story and simple yet endearing characters.

However, its short length is rather unbefitting of the world it created, which might leave some unsatisfied by the rather meager amount of island explored. Its pacing can be rather slow as well, although it is to be expected due to the focus on world building during the first half. One last thing that can irk some readers is the lack of subtlety when it comes to religious themes.

Nevertheless, don't let yourself be dissuaded by its shortcomings, as its qualities more than make up for them, and without a doubt every reader that craves a short yet unique and memorable work will enjoy reading this.

K99Q6m8.jpg

Be it the surreal steampunk world, the philosophical and religious themes or the tale of a simple love, The Music of Marie is sure to not leave you indifferent.

Read it.

The Music of Marie ch1-End

Take a beautifully crafted steampunk world, a plethora of religious symbolism and an innocent yet tragic love, mix it together with a generous touch of surrealism and lay it down to the tune of a melancholic music and you'll come close to what The Music of Marie is.

I think it's his best job, if memory serves me well.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Oh man, I remember this series, the first one I bought the full box set for. Never read the manga though, I know it turned out a lot differently but I wonder if I'd enjoy it's ending more or not...

Seeing the manga ending after seeing the anime ending make my heart felt warm. But that's because i don't really like the darker and edgier aspect of the anime.

Owari no Chronicle Vol. 1-A/1-B (LN)

I went into this hearing that it was a pseudo-prequel to Horizon. While it started off in a more mundane setting of modern Japanese high school, the eccentric cast of characters and crazy world building are exactly as I expected and wanted.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword

Well, exactly what it said on the title.
This is Dragon quest parody, with NEET as a main character.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Attack on Titan 61

What's the matter? Is it time to eat?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
F/SN - Heaven's Feel

Nasu just described a character's vagina as a "carnivorous plant."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo gets a sharingan and learns all of takamura's moves

All I know is I want to see Takamura take Ippo into the woods and teach him how to kill a bear with his fists. If you can beat a bear then there's no mortal who can stand in your way.

Didn't that happen almost 10 years ago.

A loss like that could ruin a boxers career.

Takamura gave Ippo to the coach. Let's see him really show him what's up. Killing bears with fists and shit.

Revo

Countrouble 1-37 (end)

The dumb humor never really went past dumb and many of the romantic parts were spoiled by the dumb humor. It's always clear who wins here and the things that get done to Meiko for the joke never incite a favorable reaction from me. It had some funny moments but the bad definitely outweighed the good for me.

If the dumb humor manages to work for you then maybe you'll enjoy it but it never worked for me so my opinion on it is quite negative.

Angry Grimace

In Tsukihime, it was a "mollusk".

That's Nasu for you.

I don't know, the sex scenes are just so unintentionally funny. I mean, you can describe people having a lusty fuck session without going into graphic detail about maritime erotica.

Its hilarious how ham-fisted his attempts to make the sex plot-relevant are.

Lain

Silver Spoon volume 9
Qcdb.jpg

Based Arakawa.
I think I didn't read volume 8 because the only thing I remember is getting pissed off at some ripped pages and nothing about the story, so I'll have to go back and check it.
Still volume 9 delivered a lot of great moments, Hachiken going back home and finding his dad as he's leaving the room, complete with the way he answers him at the end.
The meeting with the old middle-school classmates, the new bacon project, the Christmas pig virus.
The best part, though, was Hachiken's mother finally realizing how much her son has grown up, how much commitment he's putting into what he's doing. That part felt really, really good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't know, the sex scenes are just so unintentionally funny. I mean, you can describe people having a lusty fuck session without going into graphic detail about maritime erotica.

Its hilarious how ham-fisted his attempts to make the sex plot-relevant are.

wut?

Angry Grimace

Himouto ch21

g86kIc7.png

:realtalker

Also from henceforth, normal-sized Umaru will be codenamed UMR

It's inside-Umaru, Outside-Umaru and UMR is the mask & hat.

http://i.imgur.com/kj5yq.png

It's not really nsfw, but I'll say it's nsfw, just because, and because safety matters. Wear a helmet kids!

"Wear a helmet" is something one of these chicks should have mentioned to Shirou. Dude just buries it bareback in every single route without any consideration for the implications.

Caught up on Tokyo Ghoul (again). It's just really fun, man.

Touka and/or Rize needs to get back into the game so they don't get overshadowed by Eto.

How did you feel about chapter 140, especially that cliffhanger. Though I haven't read chapters 141 and 142 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom