• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
Apparently I really, really like Omoide no Marnie? Last week, I went to the Edo-Tokyo Museum, and we just ended up going to the Marnie special exhibition that happened to be there at the same time. Then, yesterday, I went to see the movie a second time in theaters. Then I bought the film comic... Then I got the OST... Uhhh

Aizo

Banned
All you need is kill is awesome!
I've only read the beginning. I'll get back to it one day.
Spice and wolf, full metal panic and welcome to the N.H.K were originally novels.

edit: oh yeah, add in monogatari and irresponsible captain tylor. Had no idea irresponsible captain tylor was originally a light novel. Irresponsible captain tylor is also fucking awesome.

The more you know!
NHK and Spice and Wolf might be nice.
Log Horizon has been good.

And really of the LN I've read, they all turn out better than the anime based on em. For the most part anime writers strip the good bits out and focus on the more sensational bits (such as the ecchi in some).
Hmm. How much Log Horizon have you read?

wonzo

Banned
Witchcraft Works 37
witchcraftw37.png

i want a babby tanpopo so bad

87 Clockers 18

Kinda don't wanna read this anymore and yet the side-characters and their hilarious sub-plots just keep on dragging me in!

Okusan 14

god the long haired woman's such a shit

Akito

Billionaire Girl v1-3 (end)
Talking about squandering away potentials, a guy being hired as a math tutor for a cute teenage girl, who turns out to be a stock trader with a net worth of 170 billion yen, sounds stupid but kinda intriguing right? Except the math lessons never happen again after like 2 chapters, you never get so know how she became so successful at trading nor why did she ever needed math lessons. You could argue that he was was hired to keep her company and let her experience things a teenager should do and I'll admit that they are rather cute together but the inevitable romance was so clumsy and handwavy so that the rushed ending was the only appropriate conclusion. Isuna Hasekura is a hack.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Witchcraft Works 37

i want a babby tanpopo so bad

87 Clockers 18

Kinda don't wanna read this anymore and yet the side-characters and their hilarious sub-plots just keep on dragging me in!

Okusan 14

god the long haired woman's such a shit

Tanpopo best

Do you guys know when Viz Media usually announces a line up of licensed manga series.

Theyve been kind of random about it, like assassination classroom and food wars werent really announced at any events but ust whenever. Otherwise typically at cons, New York Comic Con should be the next con they make manga announcements. (oct 9 and 10, Obata is coming too).

Tuesday's are always so quite
well at least I have my Destiny :/

Edit: bigkrev already gave up and brought out the Nisekoi avi

HAVE HOPE MAN..... anything can happen this week....
like no HXH chapters returning

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I never read the manga, just watched the anime. Does it differ significantly?

;_;

I've never saw the anime myself but apparently both of them diverge quite drastically.

I've watch anime and read the manga.
The difference between both is quite significant.

Some character have different role and characterization. The major plot point is different as well.

Personally, i enjoy the manga more than the anime.

Also, relevant to the thread, Japan publisher fix the typo when they reprint Chrno Crusade, so it's now correctly titled Chrono Crusade :)

New Chrono Crusade cover said:

dramatis

The Heroic Legend of Arslan 15

I hope Arakawa is all right, these chapters are woefully short for a monthly manga. It makes the story feel like it is moving slower than it should be even though quite a lot has happened in 15 chapters.

The supporting cast grows more lively. Six people, a proper RPG party now. Only need to take on about 300k soldiers, so maybe it's better to Dynasty Warriors.

Mumei

I've watch anime and read the manga.
The difference between both is quite significant.

Some character have different role and characterization. The major plot point is different as well.

Personally, i enjoy the manga more than the anime.

Also, relevant to the thread, Japan publisher fix the typo when they reprint Chrno Crusade, so it's now correctly titled Chrono Crusade :)

Not just the ending. The anime follows a very different path after the middle. Also, while the anime ending is just bitter, the manga is more bittersweet.

Interesting. I'll have to put it on my to-do list.

Quixzlizx

Billionaire Girl v1-3 (end)
Talking about squandering away potentials, a guy being hired as a math tutor for a cute teenage girl, who turns out to be a stock trader with a net worth of 170 billion yen, sounds stupid but kinda intriguing right? Except the math lessons never happen again after like 2 chapters, you never get so know how she became so successful at trading nor why did she ever needed math lessons. You could argue that he was was hired to keep her company and let her experience things a teenager should do and I'll admit that they are rather cute together but the inevitable romance was so clumsy and handwavy so that the rushed ending was the only appropriate conclusion. Isuna Hasekura is a hack.

I thought it was pretty obvious that she didn't actually need to be tutored in math.

OPM 51-52
Thats disappointing, funny though. Let's just get on with the OP beat down.

Mob Psycho 68
His 100% freak out having difficulties with them? Possibly implying courage is weak.

Watamote 66
That's a pretty bad last panel. Going back to school where hopefully, she makes a friend, please.

Theyve been kind of random about it, like assassination classroom and food wars werent really announced at any events but ust whenever. Otherwise typically at cons, New York Comic Con should be the next con they make manga announcements. (oct 9 and 10, Obata is coming too).

I wonder what they might announce hmmm. Crosses finger in hopes of Tokyo Ghoul license.

Though I'm happy Viz have been releasing the Gangsta manga.

Zweizer

Banned
Attack on Titan ch61

Ah yes, the oldest trick in the book. At least it means the political side of things is more or less over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
New oneshot from Mashima in next week's WSM. God his work ethic is admirable.

The precise moment when Fairy Tail jumped the shark = Lisanna is alive. (and then is never relevant to the plot at all)

Kono Shima ni wa Midara de Jaaku na Mono ga Sumu 1-4

This is assuredly smut if I'm honest. Definitely borderline. I don't why either but I think whatever he ate was made out of people. Will read more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom