• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrvv

and so we went full circle

image.php

Senpai is Togashi confrimed

So I want to just clarify a misunderstanding about the 4 Beast arc in Toriko being addressed in the latest chapter (292)...

So it is confirmed in Toriko 292 that the Nitro created the 4 Beast in order to capture and enslave humanity....

In the end of the 4 Beast Arc we see that the humans that where "eaten" by the 4 Beast are still alive....
Which NOW makes sense seeing as the purpose of the 4 Beast to begin with was to act like a vessel in order to transport humans to the nitro

It wasn't planning on killing the humans to begin with!

That Foreshadowing!

How is UQ Holder now that it's about 50 chapters in? I stopped when they went underground. Still ranks below Negima and Love Hina I assume?

It is ehhhhh average?

It's the battle shounen the author always wanted to make but nothing feels all that remarkable about it.

The only real thing is seeing what damn clues drops about Negima's unfinished ending.

Starbiter Satsuki (One Shot)

Leave it to Hiro Mashima to add a sword with an ability to cut womens clothing

Also at times this girl looks like Wendy
Surprised that the Samurai guy looks like a plain joe

It is ehhhhh average?

It's the battle shounen the author always wanted to make but nothing feels all that remarkable about it.

The only real thing is seeing what damn clues drops about Negima's unfinished ending.

That was the only reason I kept up with it until I dropped it. I'll eventually read it all but it being average is about what I expected based on how it started.

Kind of a downer.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder is Negima without as many characters, and dramatically less levels of fanservice, athough there's still a crap load of them and some fanservice. But you can see Ken try and change - e.g. Karen had a magic skirt in the last episode to avoid panty shots.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well we are all merely actors in upanda's 4-koma.

Revo

Cage of Eden wherever i was before 22

Figuring out the berries was alright.
lol at loli leader
lol at adults being super passive
lol at more king hades

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think I have a way into this conversation. The amount of using the word "senpai" became a bit much, I think.

...yeah it was pretty annoying. It was giving me flashbacks to the F/SN Heaven's Feel parts where Sakura wouldn't shut up with the "senpai senpai senpai" even when they were having sex.

Graveyard Academy 1
A place after my own heart.

Another work of genius from the creative mind that brought us timeless classics like Magical Police Girl and... uh... anyway, it's about a school for reforming dead kids. That + silly British MC + Soul Eater atmosphere is reason enough to follow it, despite the deviantart seal of quality.

Maga-Tsuki 40

pfft, like you were ever capable of choosing just one anyway. It's your fate as a harem MC.

Angry Grimace

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary ch11

I wish more teachers were like them.

So cute~

You finished Heaven's Feel? Share your thoughts about it!

UBW > HF >> Fate

Special Fate ending is pretty dumb and pointless.

I did it. I'm finally up to date on Prison School.

Reading that latest chapter while at school and trying to keep myself from laughing to hard in public was quite a challenge. Holy shit, that was fucking amazing.

And despite not being a primary character, I think I enjoy Risa's presence the most at this point, maybe more than the Chairman. I dig the thug look she's got.

Zweizer

Banned
UBW > HF >> Fate

Special Fate ending is pretty dumb and pointless.

I guess Sakura hampered your enjoyment of HF (outside of Nasu's rather hamfisted expositions)? I must admit however that I probably liked the final confrontation of this route the most.

And despite not being a primary character, I think I enjoy Risa's presence the most at this point, maybe more than the Chairman. I dig the thug look she's got.

Risa is pretty nice~
Though I rather pity her considering how Andre treats her.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 116

93zvhTi.jpg

Clearly a man of exceptional taste. How Hatsuna's spell hasn't turned that cafe's fortunes around I'll never know. Not sure if this is meaningless filler or whether it's laying the groundwork for an arc for her. but I'm good either way.

Angry Grimace

I guess Sakura hampered your enjoyment of HF (outside of Nasu's rather hamfisted expositions)? I must admit however that I probably liked the final confrontation of this route the most.

Risa is pretty nice~

Sakura is awful and I don't necessarily like grimdark stuff for the sake of it being grimdark. HF also has the most stuff that directly contradicts things in other routes.

I'll do a write-up on them later.

Risa is pretty nice~
Yeah, I felt bad for her during that part. She looked so good in that outfit, too. Can only hope her time to shine will be soon.

Though now that I'm caught up...what the fuck do I read now alongside Kongou Banchou? And DON'T say Suzuka.

Zweizer

Banned
Yeah, I felt bad for her during that part. She looked so good in that outfit, too. Can only hope her time to shine will be soon.

Though now that I'm caught up...what the fuck do I read now alongside Kongou Banchou? And DON'T say Suzuka.

It depends on what you want to read~

I suggest you read Hinamatsuri, Jitsu wa Watashi wa, Yandere Kanojo and Nickelodeon regardless~

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 38-39

At this point I don't think anyone would be able to figure out or care about her being a vampire, look at all this shit going on.
I'm surprised this sporting event didn't materialize a black hole with all this density in one area.

Angry Grimace

Yeah, Nasu isn't exactly a consistent writer.

I can't even remember the details, its just that people seem to know things in HF that they clearly didn't in the other two routes which was kind of annoying.

Shirou regressed in this route too - he just stood there while Shinji broke into Shirou's house and decked Sakura in the mouth. And then he spent way too much time lusting after Rin despite being in a relationship with her sister and not figuring out that was pissing Sakura off. He forgot the golden rule: Remember to just have 1 waifu; more than 1 waifu will destroy your laifu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom