• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what you want to read~

I suggest you read Hinamatsuri, Jitsu wa Watashi wa, Yandere Kanojo and Nickelodeon regardless~
I had heard of Yandere Kanojo before, I might check it out. Though correct me if I'm wrong, is the main character in question a yandere or not? Heard that she isn't, that it's some sort of play on words.

Though right now I'm curious if there are any good giant robot manga out there that I'm missing. I've been watching a ton of mecha shows lately, but I still have a fondness for Getter Robo because that entire saga (what's there of it, anyway) hasn't been given a truly proper adaptation.

But at the very least, just recommend me some ecchi and I'll be set.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 38-39

that sports day was fucking ridiculous LOLOLO

and i see the Principal's trolling/abuse have been going on and ruining people for years.

Good on the winner
(although she should have realized who the tall guy was)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I had heard of Yandere Kanojo before, I might check it out. Though correct me if I'm wrong, is the main character in question a yandere or not? Heard that she isn't, that it's some sort of play on words.

Though right now I'm curious if there are any good giant robot manga out there that I'm missing. I've been watching a ton of mecha shows lately, but I still have a fondness for Getter Robo because that entire saga (what's there of it, anyway) hasn't been given a truly proper adaptation.

Its not that kind of "yandere." Its a Yankee+dere.

Zweizer

Banned
I can't even remember the details, its just that people seem to know things in HF that they clearly didn't in the other two routes which was kind of annoying.

Shirou regressed in this route too - he just stood there while Shinji broke into Shirou's house and decked Sakura in the mouth. And then he spent way too much time lusting after Rin despite being in a relationship with her sister and not figuring out that was pissing Sakura off. He forgot the golden rule: Remember to just have 1 waifu; more than 1 waifu will destroy your laifu!

Best not think too much about the inconsistencies when reading a Nasu story. You'll get a headache~

Shirou... Well... It's Shirou.

Yeah, "Yandere" in this case stands for "yankee" + "dere-dere". It's a light-hearted romance comedy (most of the times) and there aren't any actual yanderes.

Giant robots mangas huh? The only thing that comes to mind is Pluto, and I'm not sure it really qualifies.

For ecchi stuff there's always Nana to Kaoru, Shokugeki no Soma, Monster Musume, Tsugumomo and Okusan.

Its not that kind of "yandere." Its a Yankee+dere.
Ah, that makes sense.

*sigh* I need more yandere in my life. I've already read Mirai Nikki, Koharu no Hibi, and what scans there are of Oniichan Control, unless I'm missing something else that's just as good.

Yeah, "Yandere" in this case stands for "yankee" + "dere-dere". It's a light-hearted romance comedy (most of the times) and there aren't any actual yanderes.

Giant robots mangas huh? The only thing that comes to mind is Pluto, and I'm not sure it really qualifies.

For ecchi stuff there's always Nana to Kaoru, Shokugeki no Soma, Monster Musume, Tsugumomo and Okusan.
Already familiar with Monster Musume and love it. The others I'll have to keep an eye on, thanks.

Zweizer

Banned
Ah, that makes sense.

*sigh* I need more yandere in my life. I've already read Mirai Nikki, Koharu no Hibi, and what scans there are of Oniichan Control, unless I'm missing something else that's just as good.

Well, here are some other yandere series that I know of:
  • Haru to Natsu
  • Love Tyrant (warning: very silly)
  • Abnormal-kei Joshi
  • Ana Satsujin/Peephole (ambiguous)

That's all I can think of right now.

Yuricam ch1

Well, I read it. I remember what I read, and I have the browser history as proof. You could say it's inside me now.

Now greatness is part of your very being, yes.

Rhapsody

Banned
I can't even remember the details, its just that people seem to know things in HF that they clearly didn't in the other two routes which was kind of annoying.

Shirou regressed in this route too - he just stood there while Shinji broke into Shirou's house and decked Sakura in the mouth. And then he spent way too much time lusting after Rin despite being in a relationship with her sister and not figuring out that was pissing Sakura off. He forgot the golden rule: Remember to just have 1 waifu; more than 1 waifu will destroy your laifu!

Shirou changes in each route. Fate route he's the shounen protagonist that doesn't know what he should do. UBW he's the shounen protagonist where the overcomes everything. HF his view on things is much more warped and realizes how helpless he is.

I kinda enjoyed how each route took a different take on Shirou's personality.

Revo

Cage of Eden 23-36

Well, RIP a bunch of people. Series has gotten steadily and steadily worse to read.
But I shall continue forward!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
it needs to stablize

I need my itch

WAPA

giphypzjj5.gif

Zweizer

Banned
Short Cuts v2 c43-End

Well, aside from how bizarre everything was, I must say I rather enjoyed it, especially the more meta jokes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think I even read Bleach for last week. Let me guess, that "love" guy is still around being nonsensical.

Revo

Americano Exodus 9

This felt like an issue that should have lasted like half a chapter at most.

Hello Mr. Teddy 4

RIP Cake

Here's a clear picture for the cover of Weekly Young Jump. But man Kaneki why you so sad.

bg_140918.jpg

And once again Ishida has the number 7 hidden in the bottom left corner. He sure does love using numbers. Anyways the number 7 represents Chariot of the Tarot cards which symbolizes....

Conquest — Honor — Victory — Energy
Egocentrism — Self—confidence — Conviction — Anxiety
Willpower — Self—assertion — Hard control — Discipline
Inflexibility — Success — Wealth — Recognition
Impulsivity — Command — Bravery — Pride

Yeah people Kaneki ain't gone and most definitely not a suitcase.

So I read the first three chapters of Love Tyrant. My eyes are not deceiving me when that cheetah is now part of the main character's harem, right?

Yeah, I'm gonna keep reading this for sure.

Zweizer

Banned
So I read the first three chapters of Love Tyrant. My eyes are not deceiving me when that cheetah is now part of the main character's harem, right?

Yeah, I'm gonna keep reading this for sure.

By cheetah do you mean Akane AKA best girl? If so, yeah, she's in his harem.

Why are we doing this to ourselves?

Evidently to properly honor MangaGAF Hero Seo Kouji.

Yes, if MangaGAF are doing this, might as well go all out.

There are a lot of mangaka out there that made people more depressed / uncomfortable / ragey.

But all the three at the same time?

Zweizer

Banned
Akane is indeed best girl, but I still want to know more about that cheetah. Why was it even there at all? And whether or not Gri is gonna use it for one of her awful schemes.

The world may never know, huh?

Oh, I forgot there were a cheetah in ch3.

.....That should tell you enough, shouldn't it?

The weekly Manga & Light Novel rankings for September 8th - 14th

Source Oricon Youtaiju

Manga
*1. 464,938 2,240,843 One Piece Vol.75
*2. 334,147 *,334,147 Kimi ni Todoke Vol.22
*3. 162,875 *,336,072 Natsume Yuujinchou Vol.18
*4. 107,348 *,429,433 Bleach Vol.64
*5. *97,942 *,*97,942 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Kyuukousen-hen Vol.2
*6. *81,276 *,264,883 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.9
*7. *70,180 *,*70,180 Btooom! Vol.15
*8. *67,242 *,240,964 Toriko Vol.31
*9. *64,452 *,*64,452 Mahou Tsukai no Yome Vol.2
10. *61,111 *,*61,111 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Yokohama Souran-hen Vol.2

11. *56,171 *,164,518 Owari no Seraph Vol.6
12. *52,277 *,595,811 Ao Haru Ride Vol.11
13. *49,218 *,*49,218 Mahou Shoujo of the End Vol.6
14. *46,632 *,*46,632 Nobunaga Concerto Vol.11
15. *45,135 *,*45,135 Torikae Baya Vol.5
16. *43,029 *,*43,029 Kuragehime Vol.14
17. *38,749 *,*38,749 Sword Art Online: Phantom Bullet Vol.1
18. *37,312 *,482,872 Tokyo Ghoul Vol.13
19. *36,995 *,*81,319 Amaama to Inazuma Vol.3
20. *33,997 *,*33,997 Shirley Vol.2

21. *33,800 *,*33,800 Kiseijuu Shinsouban Vol.5
22. *32,465 1,653,516 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14
23. *32,317 *,*32,317 Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Anthology Comic: Yokosuka Chinjufu-hen Vol.7
24. *32,277 *,*32,277 Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Vol.6
25. *32,210 *,*71,987 Hana Yori mo Hana no Gotoku Vol.13
26. *31,763 *,*31,763 Douse Mou Nigerarenai Vol.7
27. *31,732 *,*31,732 Kiseijuu Shinsouban Vol.6
28. *31,622 *,*86,660 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan Vol.10
29. *31,223 *,*31,223 Kiseijuu Shinsouban Vol.7
30. *31,178 *,113,357 World Trigger Vol.7

31. *28,063 *,*31,172 Triage X Vol.9
32. *27,612 *,*27,612 Clover Vol.37
33. *27,546 *,*27,546 Neko Pitcher Vol.2
34. *27,338 *,*27,338 Mahou Tsukai no Yome Vol.2 Limited Edition
35. *26,740 *,*26,740 Nagareboshi Lens Vol.10
36. *26,401 *,*26,625 Mokuyoubi no Furutto Vol.4
37. *26,214 *,*26,214 Tsubasa to Hotaru Vol.3
38. *25,657 *,*25,657 Jitsu wa Watashi wa Vol.8
39. *24,977 *,*53,323 Sengoku Ittouki Vol.9
40. *24,849 *,786,796 Gin no Saji Vol.12

41. *24,760 *,*51,360 Kenka Kagyou Vol.2
42. *22,990 *,*47,439 Juu: Ninpou Makai Tensei Vol.5
43. *22,107 *,*22,107 Watashi ga Motete Dousunda Vol.4
44. *21,903 *,518,011 Tokyo Ghoul Vol.8
45. *21,710 *,517,723 Tokyo Ghoul Vol.7
46. *21,273 *,370,046 Terra Formars Vol.10
47. *21,204 *,186,463 Oooku Vol.11
48. *21,130 2,759,019 One Piece Vol.74
49. *20,976 *,526,525 Tokyo Ghoul Vol.9

Them Tokyo Ghoul Vols breaking 500K. I'm so fuckin happy. We also get to see Soma selling well. And Toriko is selling nice but I do find it funny how Jump tried to push this series as the next big Shonen series. Well we all know that didn't work out.

And One Piece is selling like a beast.

People don't spend like 2 pages making semi-nonsensical posts about a moderator otherwise.
Wait wait. I'm suddenly lost in the conversation. Is "senpai" actually the name of a moderator or are you referring to something else?

Shokugeki no Soma vol. 2

Of course Ikumi would suddenly get all red-faced and flustered.

Training camp, huh. I like how the comic put some importance to the Polar Star dorm members here, making them seem not just like background characters. I'd love for them to actually go through the training camp as a team, showing off each's cooking specialty. But perhaps that's too much to ask for.

Love Tyrant Ch.4 - 8
So forbidden love, a riot cop force taking down an evil penguin, and the kiss note is destroyed.

Those expressions of horror on their faces were priceless.

Soma

Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary Ch. 11

There's something very poignant and reflective about this chapter that it felt like it could've easily fit as a final chapter to this series.

Thankfully it seems like that's not the case because this series is pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom