• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, barring everything else, dude was so obviously set up to be the villain of this arc. No way is a small fry like Takumi beating him.

kasane

ALICE IS BEST GUYS

And this main villain dude wouldn't work on soma since soma basically pulls everything out of nowhere

Hes the one who might actually reveal who somas dad is

Soma

I'm still surprised people thought he was gonna win given what was stacking up here.

the only way he might have won was if the shougeki was him being expelled.

I guess I was expecting some last minute shounen ass-pull in his favor lol

Data guy kinda seemed like he came out of nowhere so I've been mostly viewing Hayama as final boss material for this arc.

6XjduBZ.png

Shokugeki no Soma 79

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He actually lost against the copy cat!

That's literally fodder levels of dismal.

kasane

Data guy kinda seemed like he came out of nowhere so I've been mostly viewing Hayama as final boss material for this arc.

well that gangster dude in the top 10 wouldn't let soma have his way so its kinda expected he was gonna pull some shit

Quasar

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 132-3 - Disapponted it wasn't the boyfriend bashing on the door so we'd have a confrontation or our boy leaping from a window half naked.

If it was someone else i could see that but this guy has been slowly getting hyped up ever since his "non appearance". Also i think that sneaky nature was the plan since he is a stalker waiting in the shadows until he's ready to strike.

Takumi just got the wrong opponent.

Would have been more accurate to have used Megumi as an example.

Still can't believe how many people actually thought she had a shot at defeating Ryou.

She had a fair shot. She's probably the one character that experienced the most growth and her winning could have topped off that storyline before we move onto that forgotten heroine.

Then again, her having a shot in the first place could be the end of her storyline too.

Basically, I wouldn't have called foul if she won or lost her match.

Busaiku

I mean, DTL should be happy now, since Takumi will get a training arc devoted to him, since he lost his knife and all.
Only to lose just as badly when he comes back.

So what are gonna be the match ups? I think it will be:

Soma X Dark Soma

Copycat X Curry Guy

As much as i don't want to see some garbage good vs evil match i can see these matchups happening, especially if they are gonna keep hyping this guy for final boss status.

What better way to be top dog but to beat the strongest opponent Soma can face aka Curry guy.

Ohhhh the next Gintama arc will be awesome.

Chapter 502 spoilers

Kamui and Shinsuke are in Edo to kill the Shogun. Odd Jobs has to protect him

I am excited.

Can't for the life of me remember the name of the childhood friend.

Everyone else is doable.

But her?

I forget she even exist unless I go back and read that "filler" arc.

Soma 79

God I was flipping through this and then on page 7

DTL is going to go crazy

Edit: But all sweet things come to an end

I need to know your review on this chapter DTL

post if you're okay

kasane

Crepuscule 162
Man, maybe I should just drop this until it ends...

i did that on chapter 62? i think.

When MC was in the school and black haired guy was mad at him? and there was this mysterious purple haired girl?

actually i don't remember anything. Was intrigued by the concept but the execution is shit

scy

Is she meat-chan?

close enough

was any prior research done before this :p

and i can see myself forgetting again eventually

At some point before, probably. I'm typically fairly good with remembering things, though it's easier to just nicknames or whatever. Especially since "Kurase" means nothing to most people compared to "childhood friend" anyway.

that said, I think I remembered the name primarily because I figured she'd matter more as the childhood friend character

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
i did that on chapter 62? i think.

When MC was in the school and black haired guy was mad at him? and there was this mysterious purple haired girl?

actually i don't remember anything. Was intrigued by the concept but the execution is shit
I mean the purple haired girl is still mysterious, black haired guy is super insecure, and MC is still a shit bag. Was there a blonde haired girl around
or did you get past the part when she bites the dust?

Yeah, the setting was really interesting, but everything is just shitty and stuff, so that's ruined because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom