• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Koe no Katachi 28

YrgkjU3.png

Lain

Kamisama Kiss is quite good. Up to the third volume now (just started reading it now) and I'm liking its direction. Oresama Teacher is better though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kamisama Kiss is pretty fun, also probably one of the few manga which pulled off
time travel
pretty ok.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Kamisama Kiss is pretty fun, also probably one of the few manga which pulled off
time travel
pretty ok.
Yeah, it actually did that pretty well. If only the manga didn't go to shit after that arc was done.

The Gamer 27
Wait, isn't she 18? Well, I guess if you've been sick enough to not be able to attend school, you'd have to make due with being in a class of younger kids. Wonder what Red's beef is with her though

Yamada

uh, alright

UQ Holder

wut

Koe no Katachi

Ueno dropping truth bombs. I wonder how many other drama mangas would get resolved more quickly if they had characters that were this brutally honest. Even Ishida learned something!

Kieli

I hope Shouya finds out that Nishimiya likes him and then rejects/declines her.

Can never have enough doramu. :3

Lain

Nisekoi volume 1
rYA.jpg

Onodera is shit, Chitoge is shit, Raku is shit.
I saw Onodera do the dance of "Oh no, why did I lie?! I'll try to tell him tomorrow!" too much.
Chitoge is the worst kind of Tsundere. Her only points are scored because she's cute, but otherwise what a toxic behaviour.
When it comes to ball-less main characters Raku is, if not the worst, then surely pretty close.

upandaway

Nisekoi volume 1
rYA.jpg

I saw Onodera do the dance of "Oh no, why did I lie?! I'll try to tell him tomorrow!" too much.
Chitoge is the worst kind of Tsundere. Her only points are scored because she's cute, but otherwise what a toxic behaviour.
When it comes to ball-less main characters Raku is, if not the worst, then surely pretty close.
That's still too ambiguous, do you like it or not

scy

Omae o Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore o Riajuu ni Shitekure! 11 - I sat here for like 10 minutes trying to see if I could type the name from memory. I gave up.

I forgot what happened in the chapter.

What a pair of heroes.

lol Wind Element being hax.

...right, I was supposed to start reading this.

Nisekoi volume 1

So Shuu is best girl?

Seriously though, Chitoge spends awhile before getting a bit more than just the abusive tsundere kind but, at the same time, she never really loses that aspect of her. But I'm the kind of guy who loves that character more than I really should.

Nisekoi volume 1
rYA.jpg

It can only go up! wwwwwwww

wonzo

Banned
Omae o Otaku ni Shiteyaru kara, Ore o Riajuu ni Shitekure! 11
Kashiwada Naoki was determined to lead his high school life without anyone knowing that he’s an Otaku. However, his classmate Bishoujo, Koigasaki Momo, who was rumored among the girls to be a bitch, found him out!? Before the despairing Kashiwada, she said something undoubtedly surprising.

“Aren’t you an Otaku? Then, make me into an Otaku!”

The love story of two individuals bounded by an agreement of Otaku and Riajuu starts!!
ihrTUagdaFub8.gif

Our Love Counseling

I dunno why, I kept expecting something to happen but instead it wasn't your bad romantic high school one shot.

scy

Unfortunately (fortunately?), there's only 11 chapters so far so it's not like much has happened. Personally, I like the pairing, and I assume they'll end up together because that's how this works, but ... well, there's no content yet, really.

I hear there's like 7 or so volumes of the LN so I guess it goes on forever somehow.

Edit: And by 7 I mean 9. Not sure if that's better or worse.

jman2050

Nisekoi volume 1
rYA.jpg

So you liked it I see.

Unfortunately (fortunately?), there's only 11 chapters so far so it's not like much has happened. Personally, I like the pairing, and I assume they'll end up together because that's how this works, but ... well, there's no content yet, really.

I hear there's like 7 or so volumes of the LN so I guess it goes on forever somehow.

Edit: And by 7 I mean 9. Not sure if that's better or worse.

Not sure how we can have 9 volumes of LN material. Either it's completely amazing or its more stretching going on that that stretching manga.

scy

Not sure how we can have 9 volumes of LN material. Either it's completely amazing or its more stretching going on that that stretching manga.

Probably by making a harem somehow. Also, develop the two pairings the characters are after until ~Volume 6 and then have the girl realize that she actually loves the main guy.

scy

The best kind of stretching though: Introducing new girls and made-up drama!

I'm actually kind of curious how it gets that far. Maybe it's just slow paced.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ugh, why isn't this in Shonen Jump.

Because the higher-ups at Viz are lawsuit-scared idiots.

Okay, to be fair I can get why AssClass isn't in the magazine. School shootings and all.
But why not Shokugeki no Soma? Do they seriously think children are reading International Jump? No, it's teenagers and older. Maybe Shueisha is under the belief that the American demographic is the same as the Japanese demographic (as in young boys).

Lain

Mix volume 1
VYA.jpg

Pretty good. I already like the entire family, Soichiro and his womanizer ways included.
Otomi is a sweet girl and keeping the tally on the two brothers works in making Toma try to work more and more.
Toma is gonna end up with Otomi, if Adachi isn't going to disappoint. Loved how, when it comes to people looking for Otomi, he's so quick to defend her.

Speaking of Adachi, there are enough references in here as usual and, as usual, they work.

-----------

Talking about something else entirely that was just as good, today I had these for dinner, and kept eating them until 1 hour ago because they were too damn good:
I was supposed to eat only 4 or 5 tops, ended up eating 9.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Talking about something else entirely that was just as good, today I had these for dinner, and kept eating them until 1 hour ago because they were too damn good:

What are those? They look good. What's in them? Is it meat? If so what kind? Can I get it in NYC?

Decided to re-read some chapters of Berserk because I forgot when Guts got the white streak in his hair. Man he beat the hell out of those dudes when he first got the Wolf Armor.

Also made me realize just how much Claymore is the dime-store version of Berserk in a power scale, because Priscilla as we're seeing her now would get rekt trying to fight Guts like that. XD

scy

And now I'm hungry.

Maybe it's just filled to the brim with otaku references

Maybe. If so, that could last another like 10 volumes.

UQ Holder

Standard shounen end to the fight, but WTF at Touta being able to just suppress the berserk state of Magia Erebea on his own the very first time. This dude's gonna be ridiculously OP by the time this manga ends.

scy

UQ Holder

Standard shounen end to the fight, but WTF at Touta being able to just suppress the berserk state of Magia Erebea on his own the very first time. This dude's gonna be ridiculously OP by the time this manga ends.

Continuing a long standing tradition of sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom