• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbyugi

Railgun 68

That was a nice punch by Kuroko. Both the comebacks were great, though Kuroko showing no signs of pain after being stabbed through the hand is a little weird.

Charade

the what now

That's certainly an angle I missed.

I think it started with this page from ch. 5:

gBB.jpg

Railgun 68

That was a nice punch by Kuroko. Both the comebacks were great, though Kuroko showing no signs of pain after being stabbed through the hand is a little weird.

I just thought she managed to catch it between her fingers or whatever.

I probably didn't think too much of it.

wonzo

Banned
Witchcraft Works 27-29

medaka box lives on ;-;7

Jesus christ I'm so happy that shitty arc is finally over.

Teppu 24

THE SHIT IS ON

Tetsuwan Girl 88

I've been kinda worried about the direction this was going in for the last few chapters but this pretty much brought everything back full circle. I'm gonna miss this when it's over. :(

Lain

I think it was mostly the bittersweet aspect of them going their separate ways, though it's left open ended if I recall (/implied they'll come back together anyway).

Yeah they go their separate ways and while open ended in a way, it is strongly implied that they'll get back together. He says he'll wait for her return which, coupled with the change in expression she makes and what they talked about before can only mean one thing.
Remembering some of the outrage I read about, I feared something completely different (like that girl they hired butting in at the end or something even worse) while this kind of end made lots of sense to me.

scy

Ah, well, yeah, I can see being totally worried then :x

Sachiare! 3 - Adorable with hints of that Koharu vibe. Though without the yandere part of it.

Himitsu no Akuma-chan 01-16

Man, poor guy. Even in the end he still didn't get to do it.

It was cute, the romance was sweet, it was funny and I enjoyed the main cast.

Noragami 21-26

Such a strong conclusion to the arc, dem feels. So good, the new villain is pretty interesting.

Also Kofuku is the best. Those faces of her lol.

scy

D-Frag 1-10 - So, first off, this is hilarious.

Secondly, Takao is amazing.

Thirdly, no, seriously, Takao.

Kuroko no Basket 232-245

14 chapters of Seirin steadily getting their asses handed to them from every way possible before the chapter ends with the words "Its hopeless".

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

survivor

Banned
Knock Your Heart Out vol 1-2 End
So this was a pretty good josei manga, it hit the right buttons for me. Lots of angst, nonsensical inner monologues, crying, horny stupid teenagers, graduation, some interesting paneling and art, and more importantly, plenty of silly drama. The second volume took a quick dip in quality, especially Atsuko's arc, but it's competently written to differentiate itself from the other romance junk.

Ace of Diamond 63 - 65
BiQPGPICcAAHUti.png

Hyped for the debut, but it would be funny if Eijun fails to deliver a result. Regardless, with the handmoves and that last thing Chris-senpai taught him, perhaps he will do something special. Though I would want Kawakami to do something this game too.

Lain

Knock Your Heart Out vol 1-2 End

So this was a pretty good josei manga, it hit the right buttons for me. Lots of angst, nonsensical inner monologues, crying, horny stupid teenagers, graduation, some interesting paneling and art, and more importantly, plenty of silly drama. The second volume took a quick dip in quality, especially Atsuko's arc, but it's competently written to differentiate itself from the other romance junk.

True story, I only bought those because of the awesome covers. Afterward I wished more George Asakura was licensed.
Too bad it sold very little over here.

survivor

Banned
True story, I only bought those because of the awesome covers. Afterward I wished more George Asakura was licensed.
Too bad it sold very little over here.

Her other manga, Oboreru Knife, has pretty cool covers. Which I should probably check out if not for the fact that translations are pretty slow and behind by 8 volumes.

GREEN WORLDZ 14
I wonder if every bug series has to have the dung beetle. What it did differently was provide a tragic yet kind of funny death scene. Why would the one dude tease the bug after escaping and stand in harms way, truly this showing of human intelligence cost him his life.

Soul Catcher(s) 14 - 15
BiQXTTlCAAA3t3S.png

Really underrated series especially whenever these arcs and big moments happening. The visuals given to both Kamine's realistic conducting and the characters breaking walls to leave that which was confining them and inhibiting them from reaching their true potential is not only inspiring but highly entertaining.

Utebi is perfect support.

wonzo

Banned
Sachiare! 3

This is pretty much the dumbest idea ever but it's still moe as fuck. hnngh

Mob Psycho 56

ONE'S DONE IT YET AGAIN :bow

Stretch 13-14

Yeah, I can definitely see the miscarriage theory being true after this chapter. Shit was cray yo.

aunt tits 117

kisskiss ( ´ 3 ` )( ´ 3 ` )( ´ 3 ` )( ´ 3 ` )

Yozakura Quartet 74

fanservice chapter zzzzzzzzzzz

scy

D-Frag 36 - Oh god, Tama with her hair down oh god. Takao trying to do the same. Oh god.

All of these girls are so good.

Lain

Looks like Haikyuu!! was licensed in Italy. I hope it's good.
Also Ad Astra, Dark Air, Kami-sama no Iutoori (FUJIMURA Akeji), Big Order and Hapi Mari.

Kami-sama's cover makes me quite interested in it, while Ad Astra being about Scipio and Hannibal is just too good to pass up (though I'll buy everything in the end... except Lawfull Drug New Edition. Fuck Clamp).
jCB.jpg
lCB.jpg

Also Ad Astra, Dark Air, Kami-sama no Iutoori (FUJIMURA Akeji), Big Order and Hapi Mari.

Kami-sama's cover makes me quite interested in it, while Ad Astra being about Scipio and Hannibal is just too good to pass up (though I'll buy everything in the end... except Lawfull Drug New Edition. Fuck Clamp).
jCB.jpg
lCB.jpg

I guess token jelly about Haikyuu!!

Is Lawful Drug New Edition the same thing as the original three volumes. Clamp stuff seems to enjoy being put on hiatus hiatus and suddenly forgotten.

Lain

Is Lawful Drug New Edition the same thing as the original three volumes. Clamp stuff seems to enjoy being put on hiatus hiatus and suddenly forgotten.

Yeah, they're doing a new edition because they're gonna follow with Drug & Drop right after and it's been way too long since they first published Lawful over here. I remember buying the first volume too because that black and green cover looked so cool to me.

scy

I was trying to remember why Hapi Mari sounded so familiar. Then I remembered / cheated and looked it up.

I really liked Private Prince. Don't think I finished reading Hapi Mari, though. Maybe I'll do that later. Hm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom