• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuuka 5
Well now we have a gay guy. this chapter actually wasn't all that bad, seeing how it didn't really make use of bad tropes of homosexual people. The main characters are still terrible

Gambling Emperor Legend Zero Part 2 - vol 1

I don't know what's going on in the story, but I don't like it.

And it won't get any better. It's a very shallow follow up to the first part, with no ties to the big scheme foreshadowed in part 1, apart from some little bits in the last chapter. Weak gambles/riddles, no feeling of urgency, boring story, annoying characters.

Aizo

Banned
I'm going to be traveling this week, and I've got a flight bright and early. Have a nice week, everyone. And remember, no cannibalism while I'm gone...

Tenshi no Okurimono 1-5 (END)
u1XECc7.png

Collection of short romance stories, ranging from the action-orientated to the rather touching. Comes from the late 80s and the art has an old school manliness to it. Pretty decent read overall, though unsurprisingly some stories were better than others.

This is the most important question ever asked.
I prefer her present look. Just saying.

I'm going to be traveling this week, and I've got a flight bright and early. Have a nice week, everyone. And remember, no cannibalism while I'm gone...
Enjoy your beach episode.

The Gamer 26

Jee-han being mean is too cruel, hopefully he isnt getting big headed because he has more competent skills now.

School stuff is hilarious the students reactions to the transfer student for example.

There's Something About Sugar

Kise wanting and then demanding Kurokochi to listen to his request just this one gave such a memorable scene. Kuroko's face and personality the whole time and Kise was amazing. Really good one.

The Baketball Which Kuroko Plays 252
Everyone is showing off their ailities except Akashi. With the gap ot closing the pacing of this match is horrible. This will definitely be the last match in Jump win or lose. Can see it moving to Jump SQ.

Himitsu no Akuma-chan 16 (end)

One of the few of the genre that I followed until the end. I kind of wanted a bit more but at least the kisses were worth it there. Was a fun series overall especially with some of its more over the top moments and premises, and the best friend character was memorable.

scy

Manga, basically.

Wasureyuki - One shot from Last Game author. Hm. Same sort of setup for the guy though the girl is a bit different. Still, a bit bittersweet.

I just want more Last Game, though.

Droplet

Bokura no Hentai 1-21

Wow, I wasn't prepared at all for this. The kind of innocent and dreamlike art style as well as the majority of the characters' young ages covers some of their rather twisted thoughts and ideas. Aoki/Marika's thoughts on his gender identity were really eye opening and the above image conveyed it very effectively. The way that the characters refer to each other by either their male or female names depending on the circumstances really conveyed this odd gravity to their situations.

Really beautiful stuff, thank you Wonzo.

Vito

Banned
Teppu 24

Oh man, finally a new chapter, now we're only two behind the Japanese serialization and next one doesn't seem too far away. The title pretty much gives away what backstory they'll be revealing next, but most of the chapter deals with the resolution and the aftermath of the current match. I kinda like they're keeping these short and it's not a multichapter slugfest like you get in Ippo (Meguru is usually less guilty of this).

Reposting the title page for sheer awesomeness and thanks wonzo for spamming the latest one in my absence.

Shhhh, you didn't have to remind everyone about it (Have fun traveling)

Seishun Forget! 1

Alright, so an assertive MC:

A gorgeous love interest:

And an early confession and acceptance. This is starting of really we---

........oh.

so good

I missed this thread guys ;_;

what did i miss?

constructive waifu warz

survivor

Banned
Gambling Emperor Legend Zero Part 2 - vol 1

And it won't get any better. It's a very shallow follow up to the first part, with no ties to the big scheme foreshadowed in part 1, apart from some little bits in the last chapter. Weak gambles/riddles, no feeling of urgency, boring story, annoying characters.

Well that's disappointing to hear. So I guess they won't even do the whole thing about rich people gambling against each other? Maybe for part 3 then.

KumaJG

Hey guys can you recommend me some action oriented manga? My favorite to day includes Toriko, The Breaker, Magi and Attack The Titans.

Lain

Speaking of Teppu, I voted for it on that Vertical suggestion thingie. I wonder how hard it will lose this time around.

Silva 1-51 (END)
Seems legit. As expected of a magical girl
robot.

This was a pleasant surprise. It's a 4koma series about the daily activities of a not-very-evil evil organisation, and probably one of the funniest and most enjoyable ones I've read for a good while. Somewhere along the line the author figured out that Izuru was the best character and she became the deputy MC, which was great. The skits focusing on her and the organisation's actions were more entertaining than the food themed jokes, which could get a little repetitive. I was happy with how it ended, but at the same I'd love to see a short continuation revolving around those final pages (their conquest of earth or beyond).

I like useless meat.
Bookmarking this for the next time you say something pro-Chitoge.

Vito

Banned
Since a few people picked up Stretch now, here's its official page: http://yawaspi.com/stretch/index.html

There's currently 16 chapters and looks like boon is going to catch up, the date on the right tells you when the next chapter is going to be up, 17 is due next Thursday. Chapters 4-12 are missing, because the first volume is out in paperback and they want you to buy that (couple of links if you click on the big button next to the cover, but I prefer Honto for a single manga orders).

Also don't try to figure out who this author is lol (it's unconfirmed but...art is too similar).

Speaking of Teppu, I voted for it on that Vertical suggestion thingie. I wonder how hard it will lose this time around.

Sports sells like crap in the States unfortunately. But if you want to make Ed happy, buy a copy of What Did You Eat Yesterday?. I think what actually sells vs what manga nerds like are rarely the same.

Hey guys can you recommend me some action oriented manga? My favorite to day includes Toriko, The Breaker, Magi and Attack The Titans.

You can always try going on M-U and check the highest ranking titles in the genre, find something that's translated with a story that interests you. Until Death Do Us Part is pretty cool, IMHO.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Idea no Hana 3
Forgot this existed, lol. I wish the world was built up some more, it's a promising setting but I have no clue if this story is going to stay slice of life-ish or what.

Lain

Sports sells like crap in the States unfortunately. But if you want to make Ed happy, buy a copy of What Did You Eat Yesterday?. I think what actually sells vs what manga nerds like are rarely the same.

I'd like to make Ed happy, but that one just isn't for me. I'm already making Vertical happy by buying Aku no Hana though (and making Oshimi happy by double dipping on it, as I'm buying the Italian edition too).

Vito

Banned
I'd like to make Ed happy, but that one just isn't for me. I'm already making Vertical happy by buying Aku no Hana though (and making Oshimi happy by double dipping on it, as I'm buying the Italian edition too).

Oh, how's the Italian edition? I need to rebuy the first two English volumes, cause they fixed the moire issue in the reprint. :(

Stretch 14

I like the nice mix of actual stretching, comedy and (tragic?) backstory spread out between the chapters.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Biscuit Hammer is a good one. Try Spirit Circle too, by the same author (I like Spirit Circle better though).

Stretch 14
Confusing. I think the boy she beats up is her ex-fiancee?

Lain

Oh, how's the Italian edition? I need to rebuy the first two English volumes, cause they fixed the moire issue in the reprint. :(

Woah. That sucks and it's cool at the same time. I remember complaining about it, though I don't think I'd re-buy them. At least it wasn't as bad as our edition of I Am a Hero.

Italian edition is pretty nice, considering who does it. Comparing it to the Vertical books, it's got whiter paper but it's a bit smaller.

Shinjuku Lucky Hole 3
BiOWLiRCIAAEIbD.png

His face was hilarious when he finally got the chance to be in an AV with his precious kumi-san. I havent seen a better excuse me face in awhile. Though that plot is going on and Kumi is tied up with the head of the company, Id rather that route continue and the two roommates end up together. The hug scene and a few other hints showing clear interest would make for a fulfilling good end. Hope it happens.

Heysoos

Not sure if this is allowed or not but, I know some people were wondering about it the other day,

Golden Time Volume 8 Spoilers:

Happy ending, after some Koko/Banri drama of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom