• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Mob Psycho 100
lol Reigen. Mob suddenly super popular.

Swagamoto
Based Swagamoto we're not worthy.

Mix
I hope Meisei'll get a prodigy batter at some point, they would be the ultimate team in Adachi history
lol

survivor

Banned
Ping Pong 0-11

Felt kinda bad for not really reading any of Taiyo Matsumoto's stuff (I did watch the Tekkonkinkreet movie a long ass time ago and I've been meaning to check out Takemitsu Zamurai & buy Sunny for even longer still) so I figured I'd check this out before the Yuasa anime hits. It sure didn't disappoint.

The single thing about this is how kinetic the art is for the ping pong matches. I really doubt it'd be possible to pull off the same thing with Matsumoto's really dynamic art. It just POPS off the page thanks to his incredibly effective use of layouts and perspective.

So fucking good.
best sports manga of all time

surprised you haven't read matsumoto stuff before, most of his works range from excellent to top 10 best manga written material. Takemitsu Zamurai, Sunny, Gogo Monster, Tekkon Kinkreet, Zero, and Hanaotoko are all top tier. Number Five, while had a very interesting world, was pretty weak. The story wasn't planned far ahead as admitted by Matsumoto and it shows. It's still worth checking out just for the creative art however.

Vito

Banned
Aw, lost track of time, new Jump X is around the corner with Takako Shimura's new series:

4910151710443.jpg

Illegal Rare

Not bad. I like what I've read of it thus far so I'd like to see it continue.

UQ Holder

ROFL, Karin got punked out by Nagumo. So with Touta drained from his last fight I'm guessing someone else is gonna run interference. Or Ken could go full retard and make him clown this dude with Magia Erebea too.

Swagamoto

Even though I know it's not gonna be an actual fight here...I still kinda hope it is. Would be glorious if Swagamoto styled on people in random fight scenes throughout the series as well.

Biorg Trinity 6

He does his best moments in the page spreads for action scenes and all the various equips and changes the characters go through. Biorg combo of Hosa and Fuji is a great combination for really bringing their feelings together and making new things possible. Numerous great attacks and even creative fighting with the bullets that became sharks and then the third arm.

Crimson Spell v1 (1-7 + extra story)

It is a good and unique yaoi manga set in the fantasy world setting with actually good magicks spanning summon skills, time stop abilities, and curses. With great magicians, swordsman, and transforming creatures it is off to a powerful and fun filled start. The moments with Vald in his demon form giving in to being pleased constantly makes for good moments to advance feelings and bring a bit of a short break to the curse action (though it is a result of the curse). I hope the road is long for this as its a page turner.

The extra story is quite memorable and glad she had fun just drawing what she wanted as state by the afterward. The scene was additionally enhanced by having the characters comment about the plant pleasuring him with the tentacles and kind of avoiding it but then giving Halvir a chance to have some time with Vald too.

Akito

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko v2
Well not much was revealed in this volume either but the setting did get expanded upon with the introduction of the milf blood diver. Not sure I understand why they even bothered to go scoop all the goldfishes across the town but didn't have a proper way to keep them sealed.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Noragami 12-26
This is probably the best character design I've seen in a manga lately:

This series is interesting. I like how there's no clear cut good/evil in most cases and how the characters grow a lot, especially Yukine. I really hated him for throwing that little girl under the bus and getting her devoured, but now he's probably one of my favorite characters in this series. The callous treatment of unattached souls still kind of bothers me, shouldn't there be a reaper that sends their souls safely to the other world? I also understand the god of knowledge's hesitance to let Hiyori more into their world. She's not exactly living her life in the real world, and that's bound to lead to problems.

Despite finding it interesting, I'm unfortunately not really feeling this series. I'm not even sure why. Maybe because I don't like the romance that much? Maybe because I'm not feeling attachment to these characters for whatever reason? I don't know.

Sakamato desu ga? 10

Much of it could have been avoided if instead of being witty he would have just gone with him to discuss whatever needed to be discussed, Sadly, because of this it meant kubota had to fall victim to abuse. Pretty unfortunate turn of events for the series.

Akito

Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko v3
I heard about the cancellation but it still hurts :( Just when things are about to start/get interesting, too.

I really hope this is a joke post. :(

I'm grateful of course but if I had a choice I'd rather pay for all the manga I read which I do anyways when they release here. Spent over $500 on manga the past few years lol.

Swagmoto

shitjustgotreal.gif

I wonder if we will finally see Sakamoto become a bit violent lol.

aPQ2Net.jpg

UQ Holder! 26

Sure old man, be self aware only when your fighting the immortal girl.

Don't think things through like staying for overtime will lead to something bad or anything

scy

UQ Holder! 26

Sure old man, be self aware only when your fighting the immortal girl.

Don't think things through like staying for overtime will lead to something bad or anything

Don't worry, he'll soon say something about it being his last job before retirement.

Demon Possession 01

You know kids have demonic powers so Japan builds a school to raise them to use them efficiently.

Ok first chapter. It has potential I guess, the fight wasn't bad and the art was kinda different enough. Half interested in seeing where this goes, maybe? The setting it really pretty overused though.

Sou da, Tottori Sakyuu Ikou.

The desert delusions due to their being no water was a good prompt for some intense interactions between the five, Haru imagining Rin as a water battle and then calling for him became the most interesting thing Ive seen in one of these so far for the franchise, that and Rin in the middle never leads to anything less than good.

scy

Negima 2 could use some death flags.

Might as well cull the cast before it gets out of hand.

D-Frag, up to 50 - This is still hilarious. Takao is still the best. Funabori is adorable. Tama should get more time too. Basically everyone but Roka.

Now I'm just going to sit on the sidelines sad that Takao pulled a Takao on the swimsuit chapter.

scy

I'm fine with the harem just being Kuroumaru and Eva.

D-Frag 51 - I retract my previous statement. Godbless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom