• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ore ga Heroine o Tasukesugite Sekai ga Little Mokushiroku!? 21-21.5

fyUqxtU.png

Time for the hero to become the heroine!

survivor

Banned
Gambling Emperor Legend Zero part 2 - vol 2
j8VVnz2.png

Well this is pretty funny name to use. I don't know if it's an intentional reference by Fukumoto, but I just found it amusing. Good thing golf is done and we are back to good old card games with bullshit rules that fuck Zero.

Sweet Tears

The story of a guy who's in love with another guy who flirts with girls all day.

Pretty cliche in the confessing part but the backstory wasn't bad. Maybe I'm just a sucker for those kind of backstories.

Busaiku

The premise is based on tragedy, but that's not what's actually going on.
What's actually going on is super happy and sweet.

But I just think it's gonna end up even worse.

survivor

Banned
I haven't read the last 2 chapters of Orange, but I don't recall thinking it would end in a tragedy. Probably some sort of a happyish ending.

Busaiku

But I mean, now the entire thing is revolving around everyone living their lives dictated by someone else.
Like how can any of them even know if their feelings are real or not anymore.

And what happens when Kakeru finds out.

scy

I haven't read it at all yet, was just making a general remark on tragedy tags. I assume the worse at times and then find out that tragedy means something minor / part of the setup.

I'm still wary of it most of the time unless I know better.

Whenever Scy mentions tragedy these days I always assume the worst, aka dead waifus. I can't help it.

This is why I retracted Akame as a suggestion.

Valkyrie Engine 1

Results of being thrown out of a motorcycle passenger seat from stopping to quickly.

This is actually the second lesson.

Akito

Shingeki no Kyojin 55
Oh Sanes, you were played like a fool. So the Reiss family is secretly the royal family but you have to wonder for what reason that fact was being concealed. Also lol Armin, you'll grow up fine.

scy

From what I remember of Valkyria Engine was a few more gropes and the super tsun childhood friend.

So my kind of terrible.

Hitorimi Haduki-san to. 14 [END] - Ends adorably. I have nothing else to really say, though. Just kind of cute and fluffy and devoid of any real drama. They don't even really do much with the family short of the guy finally growing a backbone.

Cross x Regalia 5 - Just a chapter to show her off in the uniform.

See, with series like this and Himegoto, I just can't get behind relationships.
Ayumu belongs to everyone.

I feel like the difference is that guy is probably the only real route anyway for this series.

I mean we had some chapters over whatever drama it was so I guess this was the next logical leap across multiple relationship steps.

Busaiku

So is As The Gods Will 2 on Crunchyroll readable if I don't feel like checking out the first series?
Same with King's Game Origin.

I feel like the difference is that guy is probably the only real route anyway for this series.

I mean we had some chapters over whatever drama it was so I guess this was the next logical leap across multiple relationship steps.

Eh, I'm just not a big fan of it.
Would've been fine if it was some random, but a friend makes it too heavy.

Valkyria Engine 01-04

Guns and fists and harem antics fight against electric eating invaders that comes from the sea.

Yep, I think the antics are kinda amusing. Not really sure how much I care about the action.

So is As The Gods Will 2 on Crunchyroll readable if I don't feel like checking out the first series?
Same with King's Game Origin.

Eh, I'm just not a big fan of it.
Would've been fine if it was some random, but a friend makes it too heavy.

You dont need any prior encounter with kings game, to understand and enjoy kings game origin.

LeleSocho

Banned
Both Gerald and Izusu want both mother and son to live with them and I think Tome and RIkuo would lead at least a respectable life with either of those two.

Gerald could pull an asshole move and take only the son.
I actually know nothing crazy will happen because only 6 chapters are left.

Lain

Velvet Kiss volume 4 [END]
RAB.jpg

I was expecting something different for the end of this, because I remember people pissed off and stuff, but the ending is quite good if a bit rushed.
Yoriko gets what she deserved, her plans ruined and every dirty thing she did revealed to the whole world. Kano's father is saved from the destiny that befell Kano's mother.
Nitta and Kano put order in their lives and I'm sure once Kano gets back from overseas they'll live together, since he says he'll wait for her.
I don't think there could have been a better ending.

scy

Stretch 14

I think the pregnancy/abortion/miscarriage speculation I've seen is starting to make more sense.

That's certainly an angle I missed.

Velvet Kiss volume 4 [END]

I was expecting something different for the end of this, because I remember people pissed off and stuff, but the ending is quite good if a bit rushed.

I think it was mostly the bittersweet aspect of them going their separate ways, though it's left open ended if I recall (/implied they'll come back together anyway).

dumbyugi

Saki 123

As a fan of the Hisa x Mihoko pairing this chapter pleases me. You don't get more blatant then that 2 page spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom