• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they're doing a new edition because they're gonna follow with Drug & Drop right after and it's been way too long since they first published Lawful over here. I remember buying the first volume too because that black and green cover looked so cool to me.

Man, jelly again.

Wouldn't mind seeing that get release here in the States. :[

Lasboss x Hero 11

So Editor may be the true bad guy in all this.

Or an unknown creation of Sagara's in his likeness.

Dunno, don't really care.

Just upset that he couldn't decide on killing one of them (MC plot armor protecting Haru is dumb).

Soma

Sachiare! Ch. 03

tfw having no short-stacked waifu (╯︵╰,) (╯︵╰,) (╯︵╰,)

M4lOTAc.png

To Love Ru Darkness 41

Yui actually appears in more than 1 page since forever.

Made my day.

Darkness continues to be amazing.

I like regular Yami but I really want Darkness to stay after all this.

Don't even mind if its just for an occasional appearance.

I really hope he doesn't end up killing someone off :( Sure, it's boring that way but eh.

Nina needs to die.

Like she nails down the dere in tsundere really well. But if MC doesn't off her like he originally attends to, then I'm just going to feel like I wasted my time on this.

scy

I'm surprised you managed to find a panel safe for the thread.

Nina needs to die.

Like she nails down the dere in tsundere really well. But if MC doesn't off her like he originally attends to, then I'm just going to feel like I wasted my time on this.

:(

scy

Kitties saving the day.

And, after reading the chapter, man ... TLRD sure has gone places. Looking back at when TLR first started, I don't think I'd have guessed it'd reach this point.

Kitties saving the day.

And, after reading the chapter, man ... TLRD sure has gone places. Looking back at when TLR first started, I don't think I'd have guessed it'd reach this point.

TLR was always kinda lewd, it's only natural Darkness will take it further and beyond!

survivor

Banned
Looks like Haikyuu!! was licensed in Italy. I hope it's good.
Also Ad Astra, Dark Air, Kami-sama no Iutoori (FUJIMURA Akeji), Big Order and Hapi Mari.

Kami-sama's cover makes me quite interested in it, while Ad Astra being about Scipio and Hannibal is just too good to pass up (though I'll buy everything in the end... except Lawfull Drug New Edition. Fuck Clamp).
jCB.jpg
lCB.jpg
I would stay away from Kami-sama unless you really want to read another death games Gantz-esque manga with bad art.

I was trying to remember why Hapi Mari sounded so familiar. Then I remembered / cheated and looked it up.

I really liked Private Prince. Don't think I finished reading Hapi Mari, though. Maybe I'll do that later. Hm.
Happy Marriage had a funny first volume, but after that it really went down some bland shoujo/josei drama and the main dude was boring as fuck.

wonzo

Banned
Ping Pong 0-11

Felt kinda bad for not really reading any of Taiyo Matsumoto's stuff (I did watch the Tekkonkinkreet movie a long ass time ago and I've been meaning to check out Takemitsu Zamurai & buy Sunny for even longer still) so I figured I'd check this out before the Yuasa anime hits. It sure didn't disappoint.

The single thing about this is how kinetic the art is for the ping pong matches. I really doubt it'd be possible to pull off the same thing with Matsumoto's really dynamic art. It just POPS off the page thanks to his incredibly effective use of layouts and perspective.

So fucking good.

Ping Pong 0-11

Felt kinda bad for not really reading any of Taiyo Matsumoto's stuff (I did watch the Tekkonkinkreet movie a long ass time ago and I've been meaning to check out Takemitsu Zamurai & buy Sunny for even longer still) so I figured I'd check this out before the Yuasa anime hits. It sure didn't disappoint.

So fucking good.

Yeah you really need to fix that. I don't think I've come across an active artist that's better than Matsumoto.

Kurita

Swagamoto 10

Welp.

Just one thing, the TL notes are often kind of dumb. From random comments by the guy translating like "This guy, this guy" or this :
EXW7l4m.png

Knock it off, I understood what he meant without that note man.

Swagamoto 10

Welp.

Just one thing, the TL notes are often kind of dumb. From random comments by the guy translating like "This guy, this guy" or this :
EXW7l4m.png

Knock it off, I understood what he meant without that note man.

Thats the most annoying thing about scans. I want to pay for the manga and not deal with that crap but Japan and their resistance to bring over mangas. >.>

Jintor

I keep thinking up ideas for manga series. This time it was like... I don't know, MIB + XCOM + Soul Eater + anything with a magical school + Dusk Amnesia Maiden maybe? Hmmm.

Maybe I should try and flesh out one of these and use it for NaNoWriMo or something...

Jintor

There was a shonen or something I was reading a while ago. All I remember about it was that there were, like, legendary heroes or something and the side who was running the in turned it to be one of them or something. Any ideas?

Kurita

There was a shonen or something I was reading a while ago. All I remember about it was that there were, like, legendary heroes or something and the side who was running the in turned it to be one of them or something. Any ideas?
Seven Deadly Sins?

Jintor

That's the one! Was thinking of getting back into it. Opinions?

Also does the art for histories strongest disciple ever get any better

dumbyugi

That's the one! Was thinking of getting back into it. Opinions?

Also does the art for histories strongest disciple ever get any better

Seven Deadly Sins is fantastic, it's well worth reading.
Yes the art improves quite a bit in HSD. It's still not the best looking series though.

Looks like Haikyuu!! was licensed in Italy. I hope it's good.
Also Ad Astra, Dark Air, Kami-sama no Iutoori (FUJIMURA Akeji), Big Order and Hapi Mari.

Of course Haikyuu!! Is the best manga of 100 chp length in jump currently.

Big Order will be fantastic to read in big chunks. It also needs an anime much better than Mirai Nikki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom